Lance Armstrong tells Oprah that he used performance-enhancing drugs in emotional TV interview

Shortline Bus

lanceweb15s-2-web.jpg

"Surrounded by about 10 close friends and advisers, Lance Armstrong admitted to using performance enhancing during his widely anticipated sit-down with Oprah Winfrey Monday afternoon.

In what was described by the Associated Press as an interview that was "emotional at times," Armstrong told Winfrey he used PEDs to win the Tour de France, but the extent of his admission was unclear.

The group left a downtown Austin hotel about three hours after they arrived Monday afternoon, the AP said, quoting someone familiar with the taping of the interview.
Armstrong had apologized to the staff at his Livestrong cancer foundation earlier in the day but failed to directly acknowledge that he had used performance-enhancing drugs en route to seven Tour de France titles in that meeting.

The AP reported that Armstrong told the staff of his cancer-fighting charity, "I'm sorry," choking up as several employees cried during the session. He apparently apologized for letting the staff down and putting the foundation at risk but he did not make a direct confession to the group about using banned drugs. He said he would try to restore Livestrong's reputation.

Armstrong urged the group to continue fighting for the charity's mission of helping cancer patients and their families according to the report. After the meeting, Armstrong, his legal team and advisers gathered at a downtown Austin hotel for the interview even as the media gathered in front of his Austin, Texas home, hoping for a glance at the fallen superstar or Winfrey. Armstrong also managed to get in a morning run before the interview."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/lance-apologizes-livestrong-staff-article-1.1239948#ixzz2I3KdWALv

Archived