Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
DiviouZz

Car inspector exam 3604 5/4/13

yes, orientation is 8-4. dont ever be late to mta, the only reason you can be late is bus or train delays, and then you have to give the bus number, or the train number. if u drive, they dont care for your reasons. you dont learn the job in the 3 weeks. you get a knowledge of how the train works and its parts. like an internal combustion engine, you have general knowledge. then when you start working, you work with someone and they break you in to what you will be doing. some people change doors, others change floors, master controller (the operating panel), in the truck shop people take apart the trucks, wash them, reassemble them, change parts, fix a/c's everything thats on a train. is changed in the overhaul shops. the barns are more like a checkup at a mechanic. they rol in, you inspect them, change little things, and the go out in 8 hours. sort of like an oil change. 

So after 4 years of trying to get into the MTA I have finally done so.

I start June 23rd for SIRTOA. Anyone have any insight?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

What's SIRTOA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its the staten island portion of the transit authority

Yes there is. It's the NYCT dress code. I was given a green sheet with instructions on the dress code. I don't have it in front of me but if I remember correctly It was a white long sleeve shirt, dark blue or navy pants and steel toe Dielectric boots.

My question would be where do I buy the pants and shoes? It seems that all the MTA workers have pretty uniform pants and shoes. Any one have any advice on where to get them?

Edited by Dzak

go on to the chief.com and you can get your list number. You actualy should have a letter at your house with your score and possible list number,

If you are going for the job as car inspector do not buy boots. They will supply boots for you. Just wear a pair of clean work pants and work boots or shoes on your first day of orientation. Car inspectors wear regular work pants to work of your own choosing.

yes, CI's can wear anything as long as it is safe to do so. (no baggy, loose fitting clothing) im not even sure if we can wear shorts during the summer. you will be given boots, yes, they are uncomfortable and really heavy, you will feel like you have a chain with a ball on your leg, you will get used to them. 

I'm going to be working as a car maintainer for SIRTOA and it says on the paperwork what I should wear. So I'm assuming that I have to go out and buy the stuff.

Just finished orientation today. Wow it was so much extra stuff but very informative about the union and policy. Start training tomorrow.

ehh, it was a bunch of union sign up for this overpriced life insurance, and this union donation, and how the union will always help you (yeah right, they only care about themselves and never answer questions directly). training is not hard, you will walk in the tunnels, go to coneyisland and apply 600v to the trains shoes. Joe Pensabene is a cool guy if you get him, and be ware of Mr. Wong, he teaches good, but is strict. and dont be late!!!

Damn they mad me go to class from 2-10pm after it was from 6-2 before. Wonder why that would happen

i think ur confused. 180 livingston is where the interview was, the orientation is a block away at 130 livingston. 

Yeah 180 is the interview. My orientation is a 130 Livingston as I'm assuming everyone else's is too.

Can anyone help me out with figuring out where to get all my clothing for work on SIRTOA as a car maintainer

Orientation was not in 130 Livingston this time

what a detailed post. care to provide the details?