Car inspector exam 3604 5/4/13

DiviouZz

I also got my letter a few days ago. It saids the apt for the practical part of the test  was in early  january,  i wonder if there is any truth to the December car insp class start date,  may be not i thhink its too early cause i didnt get any call backs yet. hey layloma is your apt for the practical in january also or eairlier.

Ok here's the scenario, the practical test admission letter is for the permanent  position, they are still gonna call you to go back to 180 Livingston for the provisional position...you have to pass the practical whether or not you get hired for provisional or full time position.you probably did well on your written test and with your experience on your application that's why you got a letter for the practical exan for January.. I spoke to human resources and they already established a list number for me..Time is ticking away for the December class...I hope they call soon! Like tonight.... for Monday morning..lol

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laylomoya, thanks for the information! I also HR and they have established my list number, but it is a little over 100 and it is valid for 3 months. What is your list number?

Right now they are calling the number 36. I don't think I will get into December class... Waiting and hoping everyday :-)

Hi guys  can someone send me a message with the number to HR i would love to know what my list number is also. I tried to get info from dcas but they said they dont have any list numbers as yet because the test hasnt been graded ?? what ?? lol ,, i dont know wht the deal is but I know its so hard to get info from the city on these things amazing you guys can get through , i know im probally just not reaching the right people . any help would be apprecaited.

There is no list numbers for permanent position, because we didn't pass the practical test yet. They are giving a list number for provisional position and this list number is only valid for 3 months, if I understood it right.

Call them on 347-643-8198, it is HR department, who deals with car inspector position

Laylomoya, thanks for the information! I also HR and they have established my list number, but it is a little over 100 and it is valid for 3 months. What is your list number?

Right now they are calling the number 36. I don't think I will get into December class... Waiting and hoping everyday :-)

Yeah, my number is also little over 100 as well....I hope they call and hire me soon, I'm so sick of my current job!

Ok heres the deal i just got back from my second appontment for medical  and  things didnt go as expected. I completed everything but  was told that they were looking for 3 people and then someone came back from medical so it dropped down to only 2 people needed and i will have to wait for the next class to be approved .  When tht will be i dont know they said to call tomorrow. My advice is if they call you get there as early as possible may be half an hour before your appt time because its a first come first servied kind of thing anf youre looking at roughly about 7 to 10 hrs of time being spent there to get through the different processes. There are so many people there for  similar things and this is wht accounts for the hours waiting. My list numer is in the 6@ something so i gues this must be the first or second class of the recent exam list.

There is no official list as of yet. Dcas is the one thts responsible for making the official list and last time I called the lady laughed at me and said there is no list and it takes 6 months to a year for them to issue a list. With that being said mta obviously has alread scored the exam and has a master list that thyre hiring from so thats the story with that. I have no idea whts gonna be on the practical. Whts your background bye the way? Me i already work for another railroad company as an electrician so im not too worried about the practical. I guess it might be putting together a circuit from a diagram and may be troubleshooting some problem, electronic component identification and proper tool usage. Ive heard that The test for car inspector are mainly electrical based tests. The Mta has better benefits and pays a little bit more so im making the switch.

I am so sorry about it Gemini... But don't get discouraged, you will be the first one they call the next time they hire car inspectors! Just last Thursday they were calling #36, and you are in 60s, which s good, it means the line is moving. 

So, I called HR today, found out that the last list number that was hired was 66 for this December's class. There are no classes scheduled for anytime soon or thats what they're telling me. Oh well, off to take the practical exam for January and hopefully I'll skip the provisional hiring instead. It's gonna be a looooooong wait!

they are calling in order of mistakes. i had 4 mistakes on the test, and passed the physical last week, and orientation is on the 2nd. my list number was 14. a friend had 6 mistakes, and had the interview a week later, but wasn't called for the physical yet.  does anyone know if the mta school has parking?

Thanks Gemini6kl for the info. Why I asked because I received a letter a few days ago to take the practical in February. I never receive any scores for the written exam neither a list number. I have previously work with a railroad company as well, and also have a degree in Mechanical Engineering. I just want a heads up so I can prepare myself for the practical.

there is no "list" number yet from the test. that will some after the practical, which starts November 26th, and continues into February. the current list numbers are people being called into the temp position, and they have their own list numbers, don't know how they work. my practical is Jan 28th. friends tests are Nov 26th, and December 16th. 

For those wondering about  how they did on the exam the answer key is available on the mta website. I think evevryone was given a yellow paper to record their answers on the day of the test but correct me if im wrong, so you should be able to  compare how many u got wrong or right using the answer key and get an idea where u stand on the list.  Well congratulations to everyone and atleast the list is moving . Anyone who is starting the december class feel free to update us as to wht to expect when u actually get in there, Thank u.

I dont think were gonna see an official list for atleast another few more months but u should be able to get an idea where u stand by checking the answer key on the mta website . People tht got between 1 and 5 queatios wrong have already been called up for appointment and  thyre now doing people who got  between 5 to 10 , don't ask me how i know but lets just say i had less than  10 ,,lol

Thanks Gemini6kl for the info. Why I asked because I received a letter a few days ago to take the practical in February. I never receive any scores for the written exam neither a list number. I have previously work with a railroad company as well, and also have a degree in Mechanical Engineering. I just want a heads up so I can prepare myself for the practical.

I dont think were gonna see an official list for atleast another few more months but u should be able to get an idea where u stand by checking the answer key on the mta website . People tht got between 1 and 5 queatios wrong have already been called up for appointment and  thyre now doing people who got  between 5 to 10 , don't ask me how i know but lets just say i had less than  10 ,,lol

I also have less that 10 wrong on the written, havnt received any call backs for appointments, just a letter for the practical exam in January.....according to HR, they were only hiring 31 provisional candidates for December's class and all the seats have been filled...(last hired was list # 66).

Archived