Car inspector exam 3604 5/4/13

DiviouZz

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right after medical, you go in and sign papers, then they fingerprint and photo id you, and tell you what day to start. usually in 1-2 weeks. so you start either the 5th or the 12th. 2 days orientation at 130 livingston, then 3 weeks classes on Ave U and West 13th in brooklyn. you get paid regular salary while attending school. 

Looking to get some opinions from you guys - 

I took the exam last May, according the answers I wrote down on the yellow sheet of paper compared to the final answers posted by MTA, i score unofficially somewhere around an 80%. Granted this is not a high score but I'm happy, considering I had minimal time to study for it (personal reasons) and used my basic knowledge and experience.

Around the end of September I got a letter of disqualification from them saying my experience doesn't meet their qualifications. I appealed their disqualification and didn't hear anything from them.

Reading these forums once in a while i noticed a lot of people were getting called for the practical and I still heard nothing in regards to my appeal, I called them up, this was about 2 months ago.

The guy I spoke to on the phone told me that they sent out a letter to me that allowed me to participate in the practical exam while my appeal is under review.I explained that I didn't receive anything and inquired about how I can take this practical. He informed me that my practical testing date had passed and that I was basically left to sit and wait for the appeals board to review my appeal, deny or grant it.

About 3 weeks ago I got a letter stating the my appeal is granted and I should wait for a letter for the next steps.

Any one have a clue as to how long this process can take and/or have any advice? 

I also sent in my resume for the provisional position they posted on their employment website, just in case.

My biggest dilemma happened yesterday, as I got a called from the Staten Island Railway to interview with them on Monday. I am definitely going to the interview and I'll see what happens with that but if I am offered the job there I don't know what I should do or if I do take the position and want to transfer to car inspector, how easy is it and is that a good idea or should i just sit with the SIRR?

Sorry for the long post guys but anything advice would be greatly appreciated.

they dont verify prior employment unless they catch you doing something wrong, and they want to let you go. if you get called for final medical processing, that means they are hiring you unless you have a medical condition. during the medical/physical they check your hearing, vision, do a urine sugar test, and an EKG. if you pass everything, you go in and sign papers and they tell you the start date. otherwise, you have 1-2 days to bring a letter from a doctor showing that you are fit for work. when sigining the papers, class usualy starts in 1.5-2 weeks. always on a monday. 

DZAK, a guy that it now working, took the test in 2012, and recieved a not qualified letter due to experience. he filed an appeal, and took the test again in 2013, and was hired in december, and took the 2013 practical in december. his appeal came back, and said they approve it, they then let him take the practical for 2012 in feb of 2014. (they gave him the same exact practical as for the 2013 exam, when in reality they were different) so he is waiting to be transferred to permanent based on the 2012 results. 

they dont verify prior employment unless they catch you doing something wrong, and they want to let you go. if you get called for final medical processing, that means they are hiring you unless you have a medical condition. during the medical/physical they check your hearing, vision, do a urine sugar test, and an EKG. if you pass everything, you go in and sign papers and they tell you the start date. otherwise, you have 1-2 days to bring a letter from a doctor showing that you are fit for work. when sigining the papers, class usualy starts in 1.5-2 weeks. always on a monday. 

DZAK, a guy that it now working, took the test in 2012, and recieved a not qualified letter due to experience. he filed an appeal, and took the test again in 2013, and was hired in december, and took the 2013 practical in december. his appeal came back, and said they approve it, they then let him take the practical for 2012 in feb of 2014. (they gave him the same exact practical as for the 2013 exam, when in reality they were different) so he is waiting to be transferred to permanent based on the 2012 results. 

How sure are you of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How sure are you of this? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went through medical once before with MTA, but didn't pass through it. 

When they call you and tell you to show up for medical the process, You will first be seated by a computer and fill out a 100 question questionnaire about your previous medical history. Keep one thing in mind I noticed a few things that if you answered no to every question on the list, the doctors didn't even see you they just came out called your name and gave you a pass to move on to the next step.

After you fill out the questionnaire, you sit and wait to be called to get your EKG, vision, hearing, and urine test for sugar as Lyolik2 said, which can take a long time depending on how many people they called up for medical.

Then you sit and wait for the doctors to call your name. If you answered any questions yes on the list be very prepared to answer them, because the doctors will press you for every answer. I was hospitalized a few times and had surgery, which was a couple of the questions, and the doctor wanted to know exact details, exact dates, exactly what happen, what was wrong and what was done.

I unfortunately didn't pass the medical, they told me to get a release from my physician but he was an awful doctor and didn't give me one so i lost my shot. But i did ask them how soon they need a release and they told me this, that it all depends on when the hiring group starts, in my case the group was starting in a few days from then but they told me medical is good for a year so even if i miss the group and i bring in the release if another group comes up then they'll call me to start.

Just to give you a breakdown I arrived there at 7 am (even though they told me to come for 730 i wanted to be earlier) and i left at 230 pm and that was with me failing the medical part. so figure in another hr for the rest of the processing if you pass medical.

I thought it was for medical but it was only a drug test..but the paperwork saids medical lol crazy man Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The day i went in for the drug test was the same time i submitted all my paperwork. I got there at 730, signed in they called my name i submit my paperwork and then went to the room for the drug test, waited like 20 minutes, peed in a cup and was told ill hear from them, then they called me three days later for the medical.

You telling me they don't verify prior employment? I would think transit will do that. Well if they don't or do whatever. They all this 21 page booklet that goes to the city or something

Does anyone know how long after the drug test they call you?

I was called in 3 days. Unfortunately, I was on medical hold until this Monday. I was told that all classes are occupied so hope to get in 2 June

Archived