Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Q19Astoria21St

Need info on SIR Conductor exam 3800

Rate this topic

well they are only notifying 200 people for the test at random. If you dont hear anything, you probably didnt get chosen. Thats why they require payment only if you get picked

Ok then, so the notice of the exam said November was the time the letter was sent, also I don't know if they postponed it because of superstorm Sandy.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Far Rock Depot" data-cid="633192" data-time="1358342129"><p>

well they are only notifying 200 people for the test at random. If you dont hear anything, you probably didnt get chosen. Thats why they require payment only if you get picked</p></blockquote>

Ok thanks ; but I have applied online the first day when it was open to apply.

Same as me. But as stated on the page where we applied, 200 applicants will be chosen at random. And if you are chosen, a $54 money order will be needed the day of the test for the fee. Its not on on a first come first serve. Its a lottery to take the test. 

Yep it's lottery exam, and it's not civil service either. But it's a good job if you can get it. And I'm sure it pays at least $24/hr @ top pay.

Dumb question, if you're a Medicaid recipient, are you exempt from paying for the exam?

Edited by Q43LTD

Im not sure. Theres documentation somewhere that shows the qualifications of the Fee Waiver. 

Ok, thanks

Ok, thanks

It may or may not be. Usually the fee waivers pertain to civil service exams. Since this test isn't for a civil service exam I dunno. If you get selected you'd have to call them up ask those questions.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Far Rock Depot" data-cid="637808" data-time="1359317164"><p>

got my letter. # 4736.<br />

<br />

Good luck to those who got #200 or less.</p></blockquote>

When did your letter came

I got my letter today too.  Number 5387 lmao... Oh well

Ironic though, I went to 180 Livingston today, since it's near my college, to check my list number there because I just wanted to make sure everything went through, only to get the letter later.

Edited by Dave160

My wife also applied for this exam and hasn't received anything as of yet. It looks like no one from these forums will be taking the exam so far.