Top Gear Series 19 trailer and previews

Kamen Rider

http://bcove.me/06vfxa09

starts a week from sunday

First SIARPC guest will be Damien Lewis from "Homeland"

I found this site

http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/attractions/world-of-top-gear

for a museum exibit of thier creations and it mentions a few, such a Geoff and the TG-V12 as being out for use in the new series.

I saw a list of challenges but can't find it at the moment:

a new car vs public transit race: James and Richard on the train vs Jeremey from Wembley Stadium to Milan, with Jezza driving a Mustang of all things...

A drive across the south west (our southwest)

the "wold-have-been" Christmas special, driving through africa to find the source of the Nile (take that as you will)

and from the video, Kia Cee'd rugby

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-season-19-episode-1-s19e01_2418199.htm

they updated the opening with more recent challenge clips.

SIRPC: Damien Lewis (Homeland, Band of Brothers)

Reviews: The Pagani "gaging sound", Bently Contiental GT, P45*

challenge, Jezza making a idiot out of himself with a car smaller than a Peel P50, which is a ATV with an outer shell that looks like something out of a bad sci fi movie, that he made himself. Though I would say it's a slight improvement, since unlike the Peel and most other micro cars, the darn thing has reverse.

next week it's supercars through the southwest, including the bit invovling "the last to get there will cross inot Mexico" and them climbing over each other to get out the door. You may remember the mexican super car incident that triggered an international icident in 2011...

Ironically the us top gear goes thru Mexico. It was an ok episode, the funniest bit was rut turning his vw bus into a Burrough carriage. I'm really questioning if Adam is an old man as how can he have a Cadillac as a college kid?

So looking forward to the original tg airing sooner than normally waiting several weeks.

Adam would have started college in 1984, so a 70's era Caddy is not out of the question as an early ride. My cousin got a honda that's basicly as old as he is when he started college. Actually I think it's slighly older as the car is a 91 model year and he was born in december.

You also got to remember Adam loves the big old Cadillacs. Me, I wouldn't be caught with anything less than a CTS or newer. I'm not a fan of land yacths at all.

the odd one I think is Rut and that VW bus.

Anyway,

http://bcove.me/zl2uabui

promo for epsiode 2. Much like the last time they went on a big US trip in late 2010, this trip fills up most the epsiode, but it's not a full special, as there is still a SIARPC, Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac. but as the producer mentions, no power test and no stig lap.

what would be nice would be if TG got the same treatment BBCA gives Doctor Who, same day airings. It acutally, I think, would cut down on the amount of traffic to sites that upload the epsiodes. Why would I dig through you tube or sit waiting for Streetfire to have it, when I can just wait five hours and it will air here.

Ditto on the Cadillacs, though I question why they decided to turn it into a muscle car while the Buick is the 'luxury'/old mans car. Shouldn't they have made it the other way around? Cadillac is about luxury, just like Lincolns are for ford.

I'm surprised they are going thru the southwest again, but I guess Utah wasn't enough. The east coast trip still remains my fav of the 3 trips mainly because of how they were all so thrown off by manhattan s grid system when It should be a relative walk in the park. I still loved the siarpc guest when Jeremy said what the Olympics ceremony should have. Lol, the 'whole stadium on fire'!

Agreed about the airings. I'm not a fan of watching stuff online as vids tends to cut out or pixilate like crazy. I still prefer the good old tv.

the median age of a toyota buyer is 54. median age for scion is 39. Though I'm starting to worry, as my grandfather, who's cars have all been roughly the size of the USS Nimitz, seemes to be interested in one. His current land yacht, a Mercury Grand Marquie, seems to be giving out, though I don't exactly trust his understanding of engines. it's a mid 90s model and he thinks it has a carbueator...

Finally got around to watching the first episode on tv and loved it, though they cut out the segment about the corvette in the news segment. Odd, clarkson Is always going on about Americans having incest, so I don't see why they'd cut it if for censorship. The p45 bit was hilarious, just as funny as Jeremy driving that 3 story Citroen car when it kept swaying on the road.

I know they allow the word shit on bbc America and have used that word a few times like in the Morris marina vs French rally car drivers, but was kinda surprised they let them say it openly more than once in this ep. I guess different standards with them. Just found it somewhat interesting. I don't mind it at all.

For the us version this week: it wasn't bad, but the last part, how much sense does that make to drain the gas and then run the course? Tanner was going to win because his car was light enough. It was fixed so tanner can do the final drive at the end. I get they want to make the flow even, but they should just make it a separate segment. I will say he is great driving that merc truck their the woods to try to evade the military though.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-season-19-episode-3_2419363.htm

You know, there was something satisfying about this, being an American car vs the train. we couldn't loose. 'stang wins, american cars look go. trains win, trains look good.

Well I was disappointed the () lost. But I guess the loss was by a few minutes from what it looked like. I will say I had a feeling that May was going to pull out that mini bike from the suitcase. It's just like the Japan race. But despite that Hamster still beat him by running. I did enjoy the commentary/tribute for Carol Shelby, that was a nice touch even though the car wasn't as 'refined' as to be expected for how much it costs.

the median age of a toyota buyer is 54. median age for scion is 39. Though I'm starting to worry, as my grandfather, who's cars have all been roughly the size of the USS Nimitz, seemes to be interested in one. His current land yacht, a Mercury Grand Marquie, seems to be giving out, though I don't exactly trust his understanding of engines. it's a mid 90s model and he thinks it has a carbueator...

That may be true, but to many car enthusiast's, I'm sure they would all prefer the Toyota badge rather the garbage Scion badge.  I know I would and few of my friends.

Examples of some classics would be the 2000GT, Supra, MR2 and such. 

Damn, had no idea the season was almost over.

The US TG last night was actually pretty good. It was as solid as the original stuff. The challenges was 'unique' and funny and some of the passengers were pretty 'interesting'. Still not a fan of the whole forced 'winner takes part in the challenge'. It's gonna be Tanner or one of the other 2 moving over for the Stig to drive. It's fixed. They should just make it a separate segment. Overall, do they have a studio anymore? lol. All season seems to be on the road now.

Archived