Hello Everyone!

Curtispaul81

Hey everyone! I've lived here in NYC all my life for 19 years. The subway has always been fascinating to me! As a little kid I remember a worker mopping the yellow line. My mom was by the platform and I was with my stepdad looking for a bathroom. A trained rolled into the station and me being a kid.. darted back towards my mom I slipped on the yellow marker and my right leg went in between the gap! It was a crazy experience, I couldn't get my leg out and i had to hold it back against the platform as the train left the station. I felt like my leg was going to be a goner! Anyway I've created an account on here because I wanted to get familiar with the type of experiences the workers experience. Whether it's from training in a school car or happily receiving a letter from the MTA. In 5th grade under my " what do you want to be when you grow up " section " I put train conductor! At that time I thought a train conductor was the person who drove the train haha! I'm 19 years old now and i'm eagerly waiting for when the next Conductor exam will be available. Working in the subway for the MTA has always been a dream job for me. The trains just.. excite me. My goal is too hopefully pass the exam go through training and be a C/R and then take the promo exam for T/O. I won't be truly satisfied in life until this happens. I feel like i belong down there in the subways.

Hey everyone! I've lived here in NYC all my life for 19 years. The subway has always been fascinating to me! As a little kid I remember a worker mopping the yellow line. My mom was by the platform and I was with my stepdad looking for a bathroom. A trained rolled into the station and me being a kid.. darted back towards my mom I slipped on the yellow marker and my right leg went in between the gap! It was a crazy experience, I couldn't get my leg out and i had to hold it back against the platform as the train left the station. I felt like my leg was going to be a goner! Anyway I've created an account on here because I wanted to get familiar with the type of experiences the workers experience. Whether it's from training in a school car or happily receiving a letter from the MTA. In 5th grade under my " what do you want to be when you grow up " section " I put train conductor! At that time I thought a train conductor was the person who drove the train haha! I'm 19 years old now and i'm eagerly waiting for when the next Conductor exam will be available. Working in the subway for the MTA has always been a dream job for me. The trains just.. excite me. My goal is too hopefully pass the exam go through training and be a C/R and then take the promo exam for T/O. I won't be truly satisfied in life until this happens. I feel like i belong down there in the subways.

Ouch, you was very fortunate to be alive and posting here on this forum today. 

Speaking of which as you are aspiring to be a T/O or a C/O you must see this discussion among the MTA civil servants:

Link: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/37348-how-to-have-a-successful-career-in-transit/

Happy posting!

Archived