Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
itmaybeokay

Well, that's something you don't see everyday. (R44 on a flatbed, that is)

EDIT: Firstly, upon closer inspection that is an R44 - one of the cars scheduled to be reefed I believe. (if a mod can change the title that would be awesome...)

Had a video shoot way uptown this morning - walking to the 191st St (1) station afterwords, I hear a series of truck horns, and turned around to see a hell of a thing. 

ty0kJ.jpg
1QFgY.jpg
laT15.jpg
QfliH.jpg
m7Fdo.jpg
IuiyT.jpg

Edited by itmaybeokay
  • Upvote 15

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Burrstone" data-cid="634721" data-time="1358649766"><p>

That would be a helluva thing to see in person... Where exactly is it being taken to?</p></blockquote>

Kearny in NJ, then to Ohio.

Kearny in NJ, then to Ohio.

I would've crapped myself if I seen this on the highway!

Also, it puts into perspective just how big a subway car is when you see it on the road next to buildings and cars, doesn't seem that big when when they are in normal use, do they?

Edited by Burrstone
  • Upvote 1

Never rode anything below above the R32 and below the R46 fleets on the B Division.........Oh well......

Edited by RollOverMyHead

None are in revenue service (obviously).

There are few left at 207, and a couple of cars in the middle of Coney Island Yard. 

None are in revenue service (obviously).

There are few left at 207, and a couple of cars in the middle of Coney Island Yard. 

Surprisingly, several trainsets have not been touched since late October, so that may be something... or they probably got scrapped too.