City of Bordeaux [FR]

megabus

Hello friends,

I present to you with some pics these transit network of the city that saw me grow up before my departure for Nice : the city of Bordeaux.

The photos date from 2005 to 2007. High floor buses were still in service, it was their last years of life on the line.

Renault PR100.2 (HF)

IMG_4676.JPG

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_5004.JPG

Renault PR180.2 (HF) Articulated version

IMG_5278.JPG

IMG_2262.JPG

IMG_2404.JPG

Renault PR112 (HF) Relooking version of the PR100.2

IMG_2149.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_5175.JPG

Heuliez GX77H (HF) Midibus

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

Van Holl T9 Alicron (HF) used on line under contract
IMG_5294.JPG

It's finished for the high-floor buses. I'll put the low-floor buses and trams in the following posts.

C.U.Soon,

Laurent (JFK)

Now, the turn of low-floor buses. They are still in use today although there remains a lot of buses NL222 and some S Agora transferred.

MAN NL222 3 doors (LF for the 2 first doors)

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_2432.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

MAN NG262 and NG272 (LF for the 2 first doors) articulated version

IMG_2331.JPG

IMG_5292.JPG

IMG_4667.JPG

Renault Agora S 3 doors (LF for the 2 first doors)

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

IMG_5048.JPG

Renault Agora L CNG 3 doors (LF for the 2 first doors) articulated version

IMG_2256.JPG

Heuliez GX217 CNG 3 doors (LF for the 2 first doors) Volvo chassis

IMG_4637.JPG

IMG_2348.JPG

IMG_1986.JPG

Coming soon, the rest of the low-floor buses...

It is the first time that I see a MAN bus from the early 1990's in France.

I didn't know that Bordeaux had them.

Bordeaux bought MAN low floor buses first generation in 1993/1994 : 23 MAN NG272 bendy buses ;), in 1995 : 53 MAN NL222, in 1997 : 23 MAN NL222 & 20 MAN NG262.

This was the first French city who have purchased this brand of buses in large quantities. Montpellier has followed by buying NL222 2 doors.

For the anecdote Bordeaux had 53 Renault Agora S in 1996, that would be MAN NL222 because they had won the contract. But Renault had reported a problem in the statement of the contract and attacked in commercial court. The contract has finally been transferred to Renault.

I love French architecture but those buses are really old looking....
Those bendy buses (articulated buses, as what they had called in London) look old to the touch. 

Yes they have a good look very retro! These HF buses are no longer in service over many years, it's pics of 2005/2006. These buses remind me of good memories of my younger years (Renault & PR100.2 PR180.2).

As indicated, LF buses are still in service but but there is a small number of NL222 (no NG262 and 272 remain il the fleet) and some Agora D were transferred.

I tried to put pictures of bus where you can also little see the environment.

The low-floor buses (the end).

Mercedes-Benz O100 City (LF) terrifying and horrible minibus!

IMG_4671.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

Gepebus Oreos 22E (LF) electric minibus

IMG_2411.JPG

IMG_2222.JPG
The line number is not visible on the destination sign and is replaced by a beckoning hand: there is no stopping for this line, it stops at the request of customers.

Heuliez GX327 CNG 3 doors (LF integral) with new paint scheme

IMG_5139.JPG

IMG_5314.JPG

IMG_5100.JPG

IMG_5089.JPG

Irisbus Citelis 18 CNG 3 doors (LF integral) bendy bus with new paint scheme
IMG_4663.JPG

This is the one on the right. Sorry I don't have more pics of this vehicle, it was the first to arrive at the bus depot and was used for driver training. I'll try to find you another pics.

The result will come soon.

Nowadays in Paris, it is the Agora are removed from service. (My bus just lost his Agora of 1999, this month).

I believe that our fleet is now dominated by Citelis.

The RATP also bought many Man, Mercedes and Scania buses since the 2000's.

On the oposite there are very few Heuliez, all of those in the RATP were purchased in the 90s.

It is in suburban Optile bus networks like TRA that have many recent Heuliez.

It is funny to see that Renault Agora and Heuliez GX 317 are now old bus, when I was a kid, it was the modern buses.

In my native city (Bourges), it was the first low floors buses in the mid and end of the 90's.

Nowadays in Paris, it is the Agora are removed from service. (My bus just lost his Agora of 1999, this month).

I believe that our fleet is now dominated by Citelis.

The RATP also bought many Man, Mercedes and Scania buses since the 2000's.

On the oposite there are very few Heuliez, all of those in the RATP were purchased in the 90s.

It is in suburban Optile bus networks like TRA that have many recent Heuliez.

It is funny to see that Renault Agora and Heuliez GX 317 are now old bus, when I was a kid, it was the modern buses.

In my native city (Bourges), it was the first low floors buses in the mid and end of the 90's.

Yes the years go by so fast!

Bordeaux currently mainly Heuliez GX217 CNG, Heuliez GX327 CNG, Heuliez GX327 Hybrid & Renault Agora S for standard buses. Mercedes Citaro G CNG, Irisbus Citelis 18 CNG & Heuliez GX427 for articulated buses. I put pictures later. ;)

Those buses are so French it's not even funny... I also like the mini buses... We have them in Italy as well... Here are some of the mini buses used in Florence but these are older ones so they may not be in service anymore...

Haha, those 22E's actually look like they would be fun to drive.  I would like to get a piece of artic action too! Gotta love artics!!

These buses have the same basic technology as the Italian model. Just bodied by a French coachbuilder and slightly improved.

When I was younger I made the paperbus of the Florence model. I must found it in my files ...

I also love the articuled buses!

Nice! I know Renault from somewhere? Cities in Motion?

I dont think... :rolleyes:

Now some pictures of the Bordeaux tramway (light-rail).

Alstom Citadis 402 (LF) 44 meters

IMG_2091.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_4763.JPG

IMG_5018.JPG

IMG_5042.JPG

IMG_2067.JPG

Available only on lines A and B. :)

Alstom Citadis 302 (LF) 33 meters

IMG_4911.JPG

IMG_4914.JPG

IMG_5262.JPG

IMG_5269.JPG

Available only on lines C

On some pics taken in the city center you can see the tram pantograph is lowered, it is powered by a third rail on ground turns on when the tram passes over.

Haha, those 22E's actually look like they would be fun to drive.  I would like to get a piece of artic action too! Gotta love artics!!

These buses have the same basic technology as the Italian model. Just bodied by a French coachbuilder and slightly improved.

When I was younger I made the paperbus of the Florence model. I must found it in my files ...

I also love the articuled buses!

lol... Yeah here are some more others for you two...

These are some of the newest ATAF buses in Florence by "Stazione Centrale" (The Main Train Station in Florence)...

MG_9762.jpg

A newer minibus...

7871570074_389d3b86e4.jpg

Newer electric minibus...

sciopero-firenze-bus.jpg

An old artic...

1057.jpg

Newer buses near the Ponte Vecchio

ataf_italoB.jpg

Bus stuck in a snowstorm in Florence...

202904120-12fafe5b-240f-4e3e-b7ba-779baf

A newer artic...

jpg_1688988.jpg

A circa 2004, #6 Bus going down Via Novelli, which I used to use when I lived in Florence...

3319290120_8a8258cbd8.jpg

Now some pictures of the Bordeaux tramway (light-rail).

Alstom Citadis 402 (LF) 44 meters

IMG_2091.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_4763.JPG

IMG_5018.JPG

IMG_5042.JPG

IMG_2067.JPG

Available only on lines A and B. :)

Alstom Citadis 302 (LF) 33 meters

IMG_4911.JPG

IMG_4914.JPG

IMG_5262.JPG

IMG_5269.JPG

Available only on lines C

On some pics taken in the city center you can see the tram pantograph is lowered, it is powered by a third rail on ground turns on when the tram passes over.

These are lovely!! We only have these in places like Milan, Turin and Rome...

A modern tram in Milan...

milan_tram.jpg

A few classic trams during snowstorms in Milan...

911139_1310715235889.jpg

b71fb77656e7a09020bb5edf29bdd0c7.jpg

A newer tram in Rome, passing by the Colosseum...

title_world_it_rome_trams.jpg

Milan possesses the largest light-rail system in the world ... before Melbourne network and St. Petersburg (since its repeated closure of tram lines). I like the Italians networks & I have the chance to be really close to the Italian border.  And be close to the RT network (Riviera Traporti) who has 3 trolleybus lines.

To return to Bordeaux trams, they all have a baptismal name which corresponds to a twin city of Bordeaux or a city of Urban Community of Bordeaux.

Names are shown above each end door of the train. Some examples :

N° 2212 : City of Norton-Radstock (England)

IMG_2400.JPG

N° 2231 : City of Ashdod (Israel)

IMG_2413.JPG

N° 2221 : City of Porto (Portugal)

IMG_2415.JPG

N° 2242 : City of Quebec (Canada)

IMG_5241.JPG

I didn't know that Bordeaux was twinned with Quebec city, I always thought it  was Nantes.

Yes apparently there is a very good deal and regular exchanges between the two cities. The tram n° 2242 who has the baptismal name of Quebec City was the first tram was used for the inauguration of the trains.

Milan still uses those old Peter Whitt trolleys, San Francisco has a few of them from there.

The MUNI recovered some nice units of tramways of the world, unfortunately there are more who are off to their Balboa depot ... It must be expensive to maintain in service.

Wow, Quebec City is a twin city of Bordeaux. Are the trams airconditioned? They look beautiful and clean! 

The trams are airconditioned although sometimes we get too hot in winter and too cold in summer! And unfortunately the inverse too! :D

The ALSTOM Citadis tram (402 or 302) have all the same body, according to the demands of transit authority. The front of the Bordeaux tram is unique and special for the city.

Here some pictures of network facilities of Bordeaux.

Shelters (ClearChannel)

IMG_4635.JPG

Bus stop (being replaced ... new design with new colors)

IMG_1902.jpg

Bus stop (with videobus)

IMG_4641.JPG

Temporary bus stop & Shelters (in case of deviations or work)

IMG_2057.jpg

Tramway track with vines (we are in Bordeaux!)

IMG_2440.JPG

Map area (at each tram station)

IMG_5243.JPG

Archived