The Long Wait: Subway Challenges for the Disabled in New York City

Nexis4Jersey

Lol. I have never once seen a B/O pull out that envelope. Even if somebody actually mailed it in, the cost to the MTA for the postal shipping would kill any profit anyway. 

fixed:

Lol. I have never once seen a B/O pull out that envelope. Even if somebody actually mailed it in, the cost to the MTA for the postal shipping would kill any revenue anyway.

The MTA will never make a profit.

Lol. I have never once seen a B/O pull out that envelope. Even if somebody actually mailed it in, the cost to the MTA for the postal shipping would kill any profit anyway. 

How's that? It costs less than $1.10 to mail a letter.

I too have never seen any wheelchair customer pay the fare on an NYCT bus, but I have seen some disabled passengers on the Bee Line pay the fare.

I've seen wheelchair customers pay the fare at SBS machines on the M15.

I would think that if the person is a daily rider, why not issue the person a pass to wear and cost maybe half to 3/4 the value of an unlimited pass? At least that way the person needs only monthly mailings and the mta still gets its money. That or now that there are more lf buses, they can give the B/o the card to dip and be on the way. Like I said, before, why should I be paying when they don't? They get special treatment, at the very least they should pay for services used. Not to mention how they are holding up everyone for up to 3-5 min.

Disabled riders, a category which presumably includes anybody confined to a wheelchair, are already eligible for the half fare program. And bus operators are never supposed to take a customer's MetroCard and walk away with it.

The point will become moot as soon as the last RTS is retired.

Archived