B/0 job

PicoD49

That most likely will depend on what what the cause of the demotion.

And probably that is all written on the paper you signed when you were demoted. ( like will not apply for test until 2013 or for the next 3 years, or never. )

No one will give you the right info here unless all of the details are known, Union is your best bet for an answer.

Hello,

Is anyone on here who use to work for transit are going to try to get back in with transit?

Hey I used to work for TA as a B/O.  Got terminated 5 days before my probation. for something I didn't even do. No one helped me from the union. They told me to sign the termination letter and not to worry they were going to do everything to get my job back. But they did nothing. I recently file for 2 different B/O positions (TA agin and MTA BUS) I got a pre-employment paper 4 MTA BUS so I'm just waiting it out. But I have a question for Olegkha. What are my chances on getting back with TA 0r even any B/O position?

I can relate as well. I too resigned from the job as a B/O in 2006. They claimed that I used up too many of my sick days, but they failed to show proof. I was told that I can file for the job again after I let 3 years pass. The first test I took was for T/O, was called in to fill out my 21 page booklet, and I would get a call. Same thing for the B/O from MTA Bus. But all I got was two letters from MTA stating from a clause on the hiring process, that they could not hire me. I wrote a letter back to the MTA human resource investigator to elaborate as to what was the reason, they then said that they could not specify the reason. 

Till this day, I have not let that response stop me from filing another application for a B/O, T/O, Traffic Checker, or Track Worker position. Somebody will give me some answers. I tried with the union before, and they were no help at all, even when I had 6 years on the job. I did my job well, had a few minor accidents as a B/O, just like anyone else. And this is the treatment that I received.

No one has a specific answer to that question, as to "will the company give you a second chance," but again, that won't stop me from trying to get in just like anyone else. Keep praying, and don't lose hope.

I can relate as well. I too resigned from the job as a B/O in 2006. They claimed that I used up too many of my sick days, but they failed to show proof. I was told that I can file for the job again after I let 3 years pass. The first test I took was for T/O, was called in to fill out my 21 page booklet, and I would get a call. Same thing for the B/O from MTA Bus. But all I got was two letters from MTA stating from a clause on the hiring process, that they could not hire me. I wrote a letter back to the MTA human resource investigator to elaborate as to what was the reason, they then said that they could not specify the reason. 

Till this day, I have not let that response stop me from filing another application for a B/O, T/O, Traffic Checker, or Track Worker position. Somebody will give me some answers. I tried with the union before, and they were no help at all, even when I had 6 years on the job. I did my job well, had a few minor accidents as a B/O, just like anyone else. And this is the treatment that I received.

No one has a specific answer to that question, as to "will the company give you a second chance," but again, that won't stop me from trying to get in just like anyone else. Keep praying, and don't lose hope.

I agree. But you will get back in there. I know mangers within MTA. They said plenty of people get rehired as a B/O. Take all these tests. You will get back in and so will I. Good luck 2 you.

I agree. But you will get back in there. I know mangers within MTA. They said plenty of people get rehired as a B/O. Take all these tests. You will get back in and so will I. Good luck 2 you.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Good luck to you, too.

• 1 month later...

Well, I got a letter from the MTA, and this is what it says:

Your name appeared on our eligible list for consideration for appointment as a Traffic Checker (Fulltime) with MaBSTOA. 

You were considered for this position along with other eligibles and have not been selected.

Please be advised that there is no provision for appeals for non-selection decisions with MaBSTOA. 

Thank you for your interest in employment with MaBSTOA. 

Sincerely,

Employment Operations

Here they go again! Not ONE explanation as to WHY I was not chosen, It would be helpful if they said, "Because of your history on the job before," or, "your 10 year job record is not consistent," or something. This truly shows that the MTA does not let anyone back, even for small issues that could have been rectified within. That whole "wait until three years when you resign" is all B.S. But, that's not going to stop me from trying again. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Archived