Next SI Ferry might not include outdoor seats

Far Rock Depot

This is stupid... Staten Islanders need somewhere to go to escape the annoying tourists... Keep the seats outside so they can go out there and the residents can have a place for themselves inside. Hopefully they keep the multiple levels this way there's somewhere to escape to for a piece of mind.

Lol, what makes you so sure the tourists don't sit outside either? What better views of the statue and LM than an unobstructed view vs some dirty scratched up window?

That's the point... They stay outside and we sit inside... I used to head downstairs to stay inside or head to the back of the ferry and relax out there to get away from them.  I mean come on, Staten Islanders need to have some space to themselves without those damn tourists taking up everything.  And yes, I'm not wild about tourists.  They gawk at everything, are slow, block up the way (especially when you're trying to get off of the ferry to get the bus or the subway) and they're quite stupid.  It's like if you want to stare and gawk at every non important thing, at least stand to the friggin' side so folks can get to work and school.

Well, that's not fair to call everyone stupid. Everyone's a tourist in other areas. Some have better etiquette than others. If it bothers you that much, tell them to move out of the way. It's your city, they are the guests.

Yes, but believe me, the majority of tourists are ignorant (or at least act ignorant) because they know they will get away with it. I see it as laziness that only results from having no responsibilities whatsoever on a vacation.

My opinion after previously touring many areas of LA and NY, as well as dealing with tourists in proximity of my local area.

Well, that's not fair to call everyone stupid. Everyone's a tourist in other areas. Some have better etiquette than others. If it bothers you that much, tell them to move out of the way. It's your city, they are the guests.

LOL... If you want to see stupid you should go to Midtown and see them stopping suddenly in the middle of the sidewalk while tons of people are trying to pass gawking at God knows what.  Even saw a few of them fall in the street because they're too busy gawking and not paying attention. I get that it's New York, but common sense doesn't know any boundaries.

Yes, but believe me, the majority of tourists are ignorant (or at least act ignorant) because they know they will get away with it. I see it as laziness that only results from having no responsibilities whatsoever on a vacation.

My opinion after previously touring many areas of LA and NY, as well as dealing with tourists in proximity of my local area.

Exactly... I've met tourists from Chicago that were okay and even from Australia... Seems like the stupidest tourists are the ones from the small towns and the most obnoxious, nosiest ones are the Europeans... They stare at everything... It's like my god I'm sure you have these things back in Europe...  I guess they're really amazed at how things are in America.  <_<   You would think we were a third world country or something.  We're Westerners just like they are not martians.  :lol:

LOL... If you want to see stupid you should go to Midtown and see them stopping suddenly in the middle of the sidewalk while tons of people are trying to get pass gawking at God knows what.  Even saw a few of them fall in the street because they're too busy gawking and not paying attention. I get that it's New York, but common sense doesn't know any boundaries.

Exactly... I've met tourists from Chicago that were okay and even from Australia... Seems like the stupidest tourists are the ones from the small towns and the most obnoxious, nosiest ones are the Europeans... They stare at everything... It's like my god I'm sure you have these things back in Europe...  I guess they're really amazed at how things are in America.  <_<   You would think we were a third world or something.  We're Westerners just like they are not martians.  :lol:

True. In my experience the most annoying tourists seem to visit from the rural and isolated areas of any country. It's as if everything is so damn amazing to them. I guess that's the result from living in the middle of buttf**k nowhere.

Anyway, most of the time I can deal with most people really, even if they are slightly annoying, but on my bad days is when my tolerance level is at its low and you don't want to f**k with me then. :angry:

This is stupid... Staten Islanders need somewhere to go to escape the annoying tourists... Keep the seats outside so they can go out there and the residents can have a place for themselves inside. Hopefully they keep the multiple levels this way there's somewhere to escape to for a piece of mind.

They are everywhere in that boat, upper levels, lower levels, everywhere. Can't avoid them.....

True. In my experience the most annoying tourists seem to visit from the rural and isolated areas of any country. It's as if everything is so damn amazing to them. I guess that's the result from living in the middle of buttf**k nowhere.

Anyway, most of the time I can deal with most people really, even if they are slightly annoying, but on my bad days is when my tolerance level is at its low and you don't want to f**k with me then. :angry:

Middle of "buttf**k nowhere" could be the place where we get food from. I don't get this need to insult such people. Yes, I don't excuse the ignorance or 'deer in the headlights' absentmindedness, but good god it isn't the end of the world... just give them a 'get out of the way' shove/push and go past them.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Grand Concourse" data-cid="634678" data-time="1358643287"><p>

Middle of "buttf**k nowhere" could be the place where we get food from. I don't get this need to insult such people. Yes, I don't excuse the ignorance or 'deer in the headlights' absentmindedness, but good god it isn't the end of the world... just give them a 'get out of the way' shove/push and go past them.</p></blockquote>

Sorry, I did get carried away there. Just venting my frustrations. As I said, I'm generally tolerant of even the most ridiculous habits of tourists.

Middle of "buttf**k nowhere" could be the place where we get food from. I don't get this need to insult such people. Yes, I don't excuse the ignorance or 'deer in the headlights' absentmindedness, but good god it isn't the end of the world... just give them a 'get out of the way' shove/push and go past them.

lol... Believe me I've done that in the past when I get annoyed enough with their incompetence.

Same...and I've been seeing them on all three levels for years....

Four levels on the Malonari class boats! The bottom where cars would load/ unload. Level 3 outside where only the back was open....

You know where its safe? Any boat on the Brooklyn side! Its no wonder why the Kennedy always leans towards the Statue of Liberty!

Four levels on the Malonari class boats! The bottom where cars would load/ unload. Level 3 outside where only the back was open....

You know where its safe? Any boat on the Brooklyn side! Its no wonder why the Kennedy always leans towards the Statue of Liberty!

I dont bother going through the levels of the Molinary class boats, never really bothered lmao.

The only times I had to bother with going through the floors was trying to locate the bathrooms on the Kennedy....which was at the lower level.

Soooooooooooooooo inconvenient!!

How about nicely chatting with them and showing them around. There is nothing wrong with them, they are humans, just like us. Stop discriminating.

Because when you become a tourist yourself, you are treated the same exact way.  Sadly this mainly applies to anywhere in the States.

Plus furthermore, if you are a driver like myself (give you about 6 years), you will truly be annoyed at the way they driver in NY; compared to the regular drivers of NY.

Archived