Next SI Ferry might not include outdoor seats

Far Rock Depot

I just take the Express Bus if I want to avoid the tourists and the slow ferry boat to Staten Island. The x1 runs quite often and will get your there in comfort and style.

lol... Yeah that's how I avoid them... It's great that it's closed door too... Sometimes they try to get on Downtown and the smart B/Os just tell them drop off only, close the door and keep going.

How about nicely chatting with them and showing them around. There is nothing wrong with them, they are humans, just like us. Stop discriminating.

......Who's discriminating? Did you even read my post clearly? I never said there was anything wrong with tourists. It was a simple response to Via G's post when he said Staten Islanders needed a place to escape from the tourists while on the ferry.

How about you stop for a minute and think before you post.

......Who's discriminating? Did you even read my post clearly? I never said there was anything wrong with tourists. It was a simple response to Via G's post when he said Staten Islanders needed a place to escape from the tourists while on the ferry.

How about you stop for a minute and think before you post.

I was talking to some others, not you.

Yup, that's why I don't usually take the ferry and take the express bus instead. Pay an extra $3.25 and get a nice ride on a MCI or Prevost where it usually feels like no one else is on the bus. But, that outdoor seating should definitely be kept so the residents that take the ferry don't have to deal with those damn tourists. If they don't keep it, you definitely won't see me on the boat anytime soon!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Via Garibaldi 8" data-cid="634842" data-time="1358696131"><p>

lol... Yeah that's how I avoid them... It's great that it's closed door too... Sometimes they try to get on Downtown and the smart B/Os just tell them drop off only, close the door and keep going.</p></blockquote>

Oh I've seen that way too many times. They really hold up the buses too, first the B/O tells them it's drop off only then they ask a whole bunch of questions about what subway/bus line they should take instead and so on.

Archived