All Orion 7 Third Gens at Castleton

LRG

ive taken the nova 40 footers, they cant handle crowds but they can handle a bump like its nothing, to me the novas should go elsewhere, they arent bad buses they are just not good for QV heavy routes

They're certainly solid-built buses. Rode one out of UP a few months ago before they moved them out, and the ride was certainly smooth. I guess they should've put them somewhere where their good build quality, suspension and low interior space would work together and nobody would have to hear from them again. Queens bus routes seem to all be busy (especially out East) with a lack of subways, QV probably not the best place for them on the crowding issue, but somebody mentioned spare parts availability with CS, so it is what it is.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Grand Concourse" data-cid="635227" data-time="1358750545"><p>

Are there any CS routes that would be better suited for the lfs? I mean perhaps they could split the lfs bw Qv and CS to 'share the pain'.</p></blockquote>

None. CS routes are even more crowded.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Grand Concourse" data-cid="635227" data-time="1358750545"><p>

Are there any CS routes that would be better suited for the lfs? I mean perhaps they could split the lfs bw Qv and CS to 'share the pain'.</p></blockquote>

None. CS routes are even more crowded.

That's not entirely true because if that were to be true, the Orion VIIs wouldn't be running on those routes....The Q46 is more crowded than most, if not all the CS routes except the Q44 of course.....

Let's get something straight, all buses are the same damn size. The only difference between the three aside from their appearance are the interiors.

While that may be true, the layout can give the illusion of the bus being roomier... For example, with the 3Gs they feel roomier than their older brothers.  Certainly more room to stand by the back door.

Are there any CS routes that would be better suited for the lfs? I mean perhaps they could split the lfs bw Qv and CS to 'share the pain'.

Well, the Q16 might work, as every time I see a Q16 there is really little ridership. Other routes I don't know about, but I've seen the Q13 and Q28, the LFS doesn't look like it would fit in those routes. I've seen people crowd on an LFS on the Q27, didn't look good to me.

While that may be true, the layout can give the illusion of the bus being roomier... For example, with the 3Gs they feel roomier than their older brothers.  Certainly more room to stand by the back door.

The seating arrangements on the 7000s do make the bus feel more roomier than the other Orion 7s...why exactly I don't know though.

Well people don't move to the back to stand, but if you have more seats there, they will move there and thus you won't have the crowding at the front as you have with the NGs. This is the seating they should have from now on. No more u shaped arrangements.

I agree, 100%. There isn't but a slither of space to stand back there anyway, so more seating is a great idea.

Am I the only one that loves the Novas? Such sleek design. Conversation seats. Just beauty. Why can't more buses look like that?

Maybe if this was some little town out in North Dakota where everyone knows everyone else. In New York, we try to ignore strangers. 

Maybe if this was some little town out in North Dakota where everyone knows everyone else. In New York, we try to ignore strangers. 

The seats are also incredibly tight. If Nova just used a more sane wheelbase, they could've had the same layout as a New Flyer or Orion VII 3G and would've won the 600 bus contract before they delivered a 2nd test bus. Those things are build very well and dont' seem to break down every week like the XD40s.

Am I the only one that loves the Novas? Such sleek design. Conversation seats. Just beauty. Why can't more buses look like that?

Not the only one, I for one do like those buses.

The seats are also incredibly tight. If Nova just used a more sane wheelbase, they could've had the same layout as a New Flyer or Orion VII 3G and would've won the 600 bus contract before they delivered a 2nd test bus. Those things are build very well and dont' seem to break down every week like the XD40s.

The Xcelsiors aren't much different in terms of the seats, the upper level doesn't have much legroom except for the first 4 front-facing seats when you step up. The one lonesome seat to the sides is a bit awkward at that.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cait Sith" data-cid="635800" data-time="1358878277"><p>

<br />

Not the only one, I for one do like those buses.<br />

<br />

<br />

The Xcelsiors aren't much different in terms of the seats, the upper level doesn't have much legroom except for the first 4 front-facing seats when you step up. The one lonesome seat to the sides is a bit awkward at that.</p></blockquote>

and the backrow has great legroom like first 8 foward seats in the high section

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cait Sith" data-cid="635800" data-time="1358878277"><p>

<br />

Not the only one, I for one do like those buses.<br />

<br />

<br />

The Xcelsiors aren't much different in terms of the seats, the upper level doesn't have much legroom except for the first 4 front-facing seats when you step up. The one lonesome seat to the sides is a bit awkward at that.</p></blockquote>

and the backrow has great legroom like first 8 foward seats in the high section

The last row doesn't have much legroom either. It's about the same as the LFS.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cait Sith" data-cid="635828" data-time="1358881844"><p>

<br />

The last row doesn't have much legroom either. It's about the same as the LFS.</p></blockquote>

are you serious??

im 6'2" and the Last row of LFS my knees touch the back of the seat in front. for the XD40s i have like 3in

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cait Sith" data-cid="635828" data-time="1358881844"><p>

<br />

The last row doesn't have much legroom either. It's about the same as the LFS.</p></blockquote>

are you serious??

im 6'2" and the Last row of LFS my knees touch the back of the seat in front. for the XD40s i have like 3in

3 inches is still not much, it's still pretty much the same!

That awkward single-side seat is what screws up the spacing.

Archived