Part-Time Terminals? (Manhattan)

Gorgor

Besides the M86 which has 2 AM rush hour buses that terminate/start at 86th Street/East End Av, which isn't shown on the map, are there any other buses that are like this in Manhattan?

Only half of the M15 buses go all the way down to South Ferry, and for the selects the last time point shown is Houston.  Do the downtown selects terminate at Houston, or go further down than that?

There's also an M96 bus stop on 1st Avenue/99th Street in front of that school.  Are there buses that run to/from that school?  If so, does anyone know the routing?

Besides the M86 which has 2 AM rush hour buses that terminate/start at 86th Street/East End Av, which isn't shown on the map, are there any other buses that are like this in Manhattan?

Only half of the M15 buses go all the way down to South Ferry, and for the selects the last time point shown is Houston.  Do the downtown selects terminate at Houston, or go further down than that?

There's also an M96 bus stop on 1st Avenue/99th Street in front of that school.  Are there buses that run to/from that school?  If so, does anyone know the routing?

The M96 routing is 1 Avenue, right on 97 and resume route, for the tripper

The M101/102 have short turns at 96 (these are mostly Revenue Deadheading Trips back to OHS) and 42nd Street...I think the M103 may have the same shortturns. 

M7's are turned at 23rd a lot, because they bunch like hell. 

Aren't there some M5's that short turn at Houston? 

Well, I know Pike/Division Streets used to be a terminal. I don't think it is now, though.

The M4 has several short-turns. Some end at 135th and Broadway from either Penn Station or the Cloisters.

The M10 has runs that start Frederick Douglass Blvd and 116th Street.

The M5 also has a few short-turns at 135th (coming from both directions)

The M101/102 have short turns at 96 (these are mostly Revenue Deadheading Trips back to OHS) and 42nd Street...I think the M103 may have the same shortturns. 

Aren't there some M5's that short turn at Houston? 

Another short-turn terminal for the M101/102 is 23rd Street, when buses are delayed.

And I don't think the M5 has any official short-turns at Houston.

The M3 has a few runs that terminate at St. Nick & 125th.

Here's a few that I know off the too of my head:

Some Broadway 106th street bound M60's start at 125th and 2nd.

Some M15 terminate at 14th street.

Some M66's terminate at 67th street and Amsterdam ave.

Some M34's terminate at 8th ave.

Some M15's terminate at 96th street

Some M96's terminate at Lexington ave.

The M101/102/M103 use 24th and 3rd as a terminal a lot

During the rush hours some M1's terminate at 59th street.

Some M79 terminate at Broadway and 79th

Some M4's terminate at broadway and 110th

Some M102's terminate at 125th street and 3rd

Some m7's terminate at 34th street near penn station

This list could go on and on because bus in general really don't always stay on their fixed service pattern.

Are there any scheduled short turns, rather than the dispatcher or whoever terminating certain buses due to bunching?

And is the M86 stop at East End Avenue the only bus stop that is not shown on the map? (Excluding school trippers in the outerboroughs)

Are there any scheduled short turns, rather than the dispatcher or whoever terminating certain buses due to bunching?

And is the M86 stop at East End Avenue the only bus stop that is not shown on the map? (Excluding school trippers in the outerboroughs)

Came across these yesterday. They might be a bit outdated, though:

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA,_Regional_Bus_Operations:_The_Tuskegee_Airmen_Depot

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA,_Regional_Bus_Operations:_126th_Street_Depot

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA,_Regional_Bus_Operations:_Michael_J._Quill_Depot_Depot

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA,_Regional_Bus_Operations:_Manhattanville_Depot

Archived