Stations NOT On The Streets They Are Named After

StevenFrancis

What annoys me is how some train stations are named for a street , but doesnt have an exit on that street, what are some stations, you know of that doesn't have at least one exit on the street it is named for?

I think Morgan Avenue on the (L) is one, as well as a couple others. Even if the exit isn't at the named street, the station is under that street.

I think Morgan Avenue on the (L) is one, as well as a couple others. Even if the exit isn't at the named street, the station is under that street.

True but I think its confusing, I got a good one , which is 205th Street in Norwood, Bronx on the (D) which isnt even near 205th Street, its under 206th Street, and there is no exit/entrance on 205th

Newkirk Ave (B) / (Q) , actual station house is in a mini mall like area halfway between Foster and Newkirk.

Prospect Park, station is not in the Park nor it have a direct entrance that leads into the park.

I think thats why it's renamed Newkirk Plaza now and the second one I understand that too even if the exit doesn thvae to be in the park, it should be near it too just like how Pelham Bay Park on the (6)can have that long as bridge across the highway, there should be an investment of that too

I believe that the Kew Gardens/Union Turnpike Station does not actually have an entrance on Union Turnpike

I think the entrance is more on Queens Boulevard, I agree with you on that.

Wait, that entrance from the fare mezzazine area leading to that underpass, that is Union Turnpike isn't it?

True but I think its confusing, I got a good one , which is 205th Street in Norwood, Bronx on the (D) which isnt even near 205th Street, its under 206th Street, and there is no exit/entrance on 205th

Actually, the 205th Street station on the (D) does have an exit on it's namesake street, at the corner of E 205th Street and Perry Avenue.

21st St - Van Alst on the (G) is at least a runner up, Van Alst ave hasn't existed in I don't know how long. 

Myrtle-Willoughby, also on crosstown, Now only has an exit on Myrtle. 

Carrol St (F)(G) has exits on 2nd and President, but none on Carrol, though the station straddles it. 

15th St - Prospect Park (F)(G) is close, it has an exit on Prospect Park SW, which extends to become 15th street but isn't called 15th street there... although the name makes sense in this regard, but still technically no exit on 15th St. 

23rd St - Ely Ave (E)(M) has been renamed 23rd St - Court Square, but the name plaques still say Ely, (which doesn't exist)

Long story short there are a lot of them.

Wait, that entrance from the fare mezzazine area leading to that underpass, that is Union Turnpike isn't it?

I believe you are correct. I'm not sure if the exist itself is technically on union turnpike, though. My point is more that the station is basically on Queens Boulevard, and all of the buildings on those blocks are technically in Forest Hills, so it is not really the Union Turnpike/Kew Gardens station per se. 

205 St (D) absolutely exits to 205 St. The north end (the one with the ramp) goes to 205 & Perry, and the south end goes to 206 & Bainbridge.

Morgan Ave (L) also does exit to Morgan Ave at the south end of the station.

Junius St on the (3)

Halsey St on the (L) when going N/B

Ditmars Blvd (N)(Q)

Alabama Ave (J)(Z)

163-Amsterdam on the (A)(C) is half correct....the 163 St exit has been sealed.

Fordham Rd on the (D) technically does have an exit on the N/E corner of Fordham and Grand Concourse, but just about every staircase on the platform will push you towards the 188 St exit.

I believe you are correct. I'm not sure if the exist itself is technically on union turnpike, though. My point is more that the station is basically on Queens Boulevard, and all of the buildings on those blocks are technically in Forest Hills, so it is not really the Union Turnpike/Kew Gardens station per se. 

That station exit leads to a intersection which is on two levels. The road in the middle (the underpass) is the start of the Jackie Robinson Parkway from the Grand Central Parkway, the service roads running parallel to the sides of that highway  is technically Union Tpke. Above, adjacent to that is Queens Bvld. That should be how it works.

I agree with the fact that the station technically lies in zip code 11375 (Forest Hills) not Kew Gardens. It used to be until the zones was changed I'm assuming.

Well it isn't really the main exit (even though there's an elevator there), but there IS an exit on the S/E corner of Union Turnpike & Queens Blvd, via a long corridor.

Well it isn't really the main exit (even though there's an elevator there), but there IS an exit on the S/E corner of Union Turnpike & Queens Blvd, via a long corridor.

I rarely see anyone use that elevator or exit. They spent like 3 years building it (the elevator) and it makes it really annoying to walk across the platform. Oh well.

21st St - Van Alst on the (G) is at least a runner up, Van Alst ave hasn't existed in I don't know how long. 

Carrol St (F)(G) has exits on 2nd and President, but none on Carrol, though the station straddles it. 

15th St - Prospect Park (F)(G) is close, it has an exit on Prospect Park SW, which extends to become 15th street but isn't called 15th street there... although the name makes sense in this regard, but still technically no exit on 15th St. 

23rd St - Ely Ave (E)(M) has been renamed 23rd St - Court Square, but the name plaques still say Ely, (which doesn't exist)

15 street is on the other side of the circle. i think they called that this way people know where the street are in brooklyn. i used to get off this stop for school. 

carroll street has a southbound enterence on caroll...

Archived