Brooklyn...B44 LFS Artics & ENY Xcelsiors....1/21 & 1/24

Cait Sith

A+. Those LFSAs are quite a sight, about time somebody got some shots of them! They look great, looking forward to catching them on the 44. Made those ENY routes look pretty decent too, those Xcelsiors are looking fresh for buses that've had a decent amount of work in the past year. 8854 looks odd with that repaint, surprised they even bothered with a bus that old. I see 4812 suffers from the same problem as the O5 CNGs, that's what you get when you're too cheap for paint. Doesn't look too hot, but the other XDs definitely do. Good stuff all around as usual.

Be careful what you wish for. Artics always brings increased gaps in service as the MTA needs 2 artics to cover what 3 40' buses can take care of.

I don't think it will be too bad, I've been riding the 44 since 1999 (I'm not that old) and ride it 3-5 times a week round trip. I just see farebeating being a huge problem at that bus stop and some others (my home stop is shown in the video with the scaffolding). My worry is if they send the all SBS 44's to Williamsburg, then the lower headways and the traffic will make things much worse...and i think, unless it's changed, the ratio is 3-4 or 4-5 (http://www.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/120723_1000_BUS.pdf, look at pg.16). I would holla and scream if headways went from 6 minutes to 9 for example,lol.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to the LFSA's.

Nice shots. B-)

Excellent footage!!! What happened to 8977 and 4812? SMH. :angry:

4912 is this...

I see 4812 suffers from the same problem as the O5 CNGs, that's what you get when you're too cheap for paint. Doesn't look too hot, but the other XDs definitely do.

...And 8977's damage is just ENY's way of keeping it real. As long as it runs as they say.

Archived