Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Cait Sith

Brooklyn...B44 LFS Artics & ENY Xcelsiors....1/21 & 1/24

A+. Those LFSAs are quite a sight, about time somebody got some shots of them! They look great, looking forward to catching them on the 44. Made those ENY routes look pretty decent too, those Xcelsiors are looking fresh for buses that've had a decent amount of work in the past year. 8854 looks odd with that repaint, surprised they even bothered with a bus that old. I see 4812 suffers from the same problem as the O5 CNGs, that's what you get when you're too cheap for paint. Doesn't look too hot, but the other XDs definitely do. Good stuff all around as usual.

• Upvote 1

They fit very well. Excellent photos aswell. Looks like somebody crapped on that RTS on he B83.

Edited by CDTA

B44's from Quill? (Wonders about foamers and deadheads) jk jk. Good Pics. Eventually we had to see the LFSA's

Not sure if that was rhetorical or not, but they are now FB's (since MJQ doesn't seem to want them back or gave up on waiting for the A shuttle to end), they just haven't put up the new stickers yet.

Great photos!

Those LFSAs on the B44 look pretty cool!

Idk what ENY is doing but those XD40s are looking soo fresh! They literally look like they just arrived in 2013.

Be careful what you wish for. Artics always brings increased gaps in service as the MTA needs 2 artics to cover what 3 40' buses can take care of.

I don't think it will be too bad, I've been riding the 44 since 1999 (I'm not that old) and ride it 3-5 times a week round trip. I just see farebeating being a huge problem at that bus stop and some others (my home stop is shown in the video with the scaffolding). My worry is if they send the all SBS 44's to Williamsburg, then the lower headways and the traffic will make things much worse...and i think, unless it's changed, the ratio is 3-4 or 4-5 (http://www.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/120723_1000_BUS.pdf, look at pg.16). I would holla and scream if headways went from 6 minutes to 9 for example,lol.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to the LFSA's.

Guest Charles

Lol at the misspelling on the B20 destination code 

Nice shots!

Excellent footage!!! What happened to 8977 and 4812? SMH. :angry:

4812.. It's exactly what MHV bought up. It's the decal coming right off with the ad.

• Upvote 1

Nice shots. B-)

Excellent footage!!! What happened to 8977 and 4812? SMH. :angry:

4912 is this...

I see 4812 suffers from the same problem as the O5 CNGs, that's what you get when you're too cheap for paint. Doesn't look too hot, but the other XDs definitely do.

...And 8977's damage is just ENY's way of keeping it real. As long as it runs as they say.