Journey on NICE/SCT to LI Bus Riders Union Anniversary

FamousNYLover

I got on front car on Times Sq-bound (7) #1661 departed 90th St-Elmhurst Av at 8:06, arrived 74th St-Broadway/Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av at 8:09.

Total time on Subway: 3 minutes.

Next, I got on rear car on Jamaica Center-bound (E) #9677 departed 8:13, arrived Jamaica Center at 8:30.

Total time on Subway: 17 minutes.

I got on good senior male driver on 8:40 n4 Freeport #1831 departed 3 minutes early at 8:37. Good driver had driver exhange at Merrick Rd/Five Corners in Lynbrook.

Arriving Freeport Station 9:41, 1 minute late from 9:40. ADA OK.

Total time on NICE: 64 minutes.

I bought Newsday.

Next, I got on female driver on 10:30 n19 Babylon #1839 departed ontime at 10:30,she gave me transfer for Suffolk County Transit and arrived Babylon Station @ 11:31, 5 minutes early from 11:36 arrival time.

Total time on NICE : 61 minutes. ADA OK.

LIRR Ticket Agent exchange my $5 bill into single for Suffolk County Bus.

Next, I got on 11:50 S42 Central Islip #5009 and male driver kindly told me it doesn't work out, so I gave my transfer and passenger courtesy.

I asked him, "Do you know where I could catch #3D?"

SCT B/O replied, "NYS 111-Islip Av/Suffolk Av.

11:50 S42 Central Islip departed 1 minute late at 11:51, and he radio #3B for his regular passenger friend at South Shore Mall to see what time his connecting bus comes and it was like this.

S42 B/O: This #42 to #3D, what time are you arriving and told the time what time his bus arrives.

Then next, he radio #3D.

Arrived Islip Av/Suffolk Av @ 12:33, 3 minutes early from 12:38.

Total time on SCT: 42 Minutes.

Few of us transfer and Suffolk County passengers are all friendly.

Next, I got on 12:30 #3D #1026 departed 12:38, 4 minutes late from 12:34, arrived Smith Haven Mall at 13:03, 3 minutes late from 13:00.

Total time on SCT: 25 Minutes.

I had fill up comment card for S42, #3D driver.

It was too cold outside, so I went through Smith Haven Mall and Apple Store was right next to bus stop area.

Next, I ask Hispanic looking passenger where was Whole Foods and he kindly told me, but didn't give me good direction, so I asked at customer service and she kindly told me opposite of Marcy's.

When I got out at Marcy, I got lost where was Whole Foods and I try to ask 3 shoppers where I was Whole Foods, but they thought I was selling something because I was holding my clipboard with bus literacy.

Finally 4th shopper coming from parking lot stop and help me little but I found my way to New Moriches St and found Lake Grove Whole Food across the street.

Lake Grove Whole Foods also had Olivia Organic produces, Uncle Mott Organic Juices but after window shopping inside, I bought Pecan something Roll and even Lake Grove Team Members are nice and female team member at express counter told me direction to mall entrance, so I went back to Marcy's, got lost little and ask Macy's employee where was Apple Store and employee gave me direction kindly.

Next, I took time at Apple Store quick and asked S58 Riverhead driver, but I wasn't waiting for 14:55.

S56 was leaving 14:30, so I relax at Apple Store and I edited my list for Whole Foods and Apple store on my first facebook account.

I already paid for 14:30 S56 at 14:27, and he radio in S62 Happague and he wasn't here yet. "IYou should take S62 because he will catch up with S54 before me" and he wrote note on his transfer.

I had my paid transfer and his note on another transfer.

Last bus line up was S62 Riverhead and soon 13:00 S62 Happague came and he was suppose to leave 14:20, but left 12 minutes late at 14:32, suppose to arrived Happague Dennison Building @ 14:33, but he arrived 13 minutes late at 14:46.

I was the only one waiting for bus there.

Total time on SCT: 14 minutes.

Soon, 14:00 S54 Walt Whitman Mall #1039 that suppose to arrive 14:20 came and departed 30 minutes late at 14:50.

Male driver was friendly and he was suppose to arrived Walt Whitman Mall at 15:20, arrived 8 minutes late at 15:28.

Total time on SCT: 38 minutes.

As I made ran for 15:30 n79 Hicksville #1792, I trip behind the NICE Bus and drop to ground, drop my Honest Iced Tea I got from museum and rush into bus, which was same driver from n27 Roosevelt Field bus which I took yesterday.

He left ontime and arrived Hicksville Station ontime at 16:05.

Total time on NICE: 35 minutes. ADA OK.

Next, I got on 16:12 n22 Jamaica #1870, male driver left 2 minutes late at 16:14, arrived Mineola Intermodal TransitCenter at 16:59, 2 minutes late from 16:57.

Total time on NICE: 45 minutes. ADA OK.

I met with Charlene and Anita who was doing flyering for public forum on Feb 28th, with Ana.

I boarded EXTRME CRUSH LOADED 17:12 n41 Freeport #1692 departed 1 minute lat at 17:13, arrived Franklin Av/7th St @ 17:22, 2 minutes late.

Total time on NICE: 9 minutes.

There I met familar Spanish male passenger and I walk to Wild Fig pass Stewart Av and there was NICE Able-Ride was dropping off union member and disabled bus rider.

Cyndia Tropeano, TWU Local 252, also members of LIB Riders Union came as well.

I gave her extra Bee-Line system map for Westchester County.

After the anniversary party and birthday party for one of LIBRU Member, party ended around 20:00.

Cindy drove me to n20 Flushing at my favorite stop, Greenvale and she left at 20:05 and got to n20 Flushing at 20:25.

I got on 20:35 n20 Flushing #1848 which departed ontime at 20:29.

When bus got to Great Neck Station, it was strange. Not many people waiting at ALL.

Arrived Roosevelt Av/Union St @ 21:21, 4 minutes late from 21:17.

Total time on NICE: 52 minutes.

After the 21:30 n20 Hicksville #1848 left, I got on front car on Times Sq-bound (7) #1811 departed 21:30, arriving Junction Blvd at 21:37.

Total time on Subway: 7 minutes.

I made quick stop at my old house to check mail, check stove, then went home.

THE END.

When I was at Freeport Station getting few set of bus schedules for public forum, man who threw up passed away and one of LIRR Passengers trying to help, but man was giving hard time. Female passenger reported to ticket agent and they call 911.

Soon, ETM came and they knew that man and he didn't took medication.

As they try to help him onto strechter, one of pharmacy almost got assaulted by him trying to punch face.

I got on front car on Times Sq-bound (7) #1661 departed 90th St-Elmhurst Av at 8:06, arrived 74th St-Broadway/Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av at 8:09.

Total time on Subway: 3 minutes.

Next, I got on rear car on Jamaica Center-bound (E) #9677 departed 8:13, arrived Jamaica Center at 8:30.

Total time on Subway: 17 minutes.

I got on good senior male driver on 8:40 n4 Freeport #1831 departed 3 minutes early at 8:37. Good driver had driver exhange at Merrick Rd/Five Corners in Lynbrook.

Arriving Freeport Station 9:41, 1 minute late from 9:40. ADA OK.

Total time on NICE: 64 minutes.

I bought Newsday.

Next, I got on female driver on 10:30 n19 Babylon #1839 departed ontime at 10:30,she gave me transfer for Suffolk County Transit and arrived Babylon Station @ 11:31, 5 minutes early from 11:36 arrival time.

Total time on NICE : 61 minutes. ADA OK.

Next, I got on 11:50 S42 Central Islip #5009 and male driver kindly told me it doesn't work out, so I gave my transfer and passenger courtesy.

I asked him, "Do you know where I could catch #3D?"

SCT B/O replied, "NYS 111-Islip Av/Suffolk Av.

11:50 S42 Central Islip departed 1 minute late at 11:51, and he radio #3B for his regular passenger friend at South Shore Mall to see what time his connecting bus comes and it was like this.

S42 B/O: This #42 to #3D, what time are you arriving and told the time what time his bus arrives.

Then next, he radio #3D.

Arrived Islip Av/Suffolk Av @ 12:33, 3 minutes early from 12:38.

Total time on SCT: 42 Minutes.

Few of us transfer and Suffolk County passengers are all friendly.

Next, I got on 12:30 #3D #1026 departed 12:38, 4 minutes late from 12:34, arrived Smith Haven Mall at 13:03, 3 minutes late from 13:00.

Total time on SCT: 25 Minutes.

I had fill up comment card for S42, #3D driver.

It was too cold outside, so I went through Smith Haven Mall and Apple Store was right next to bus stop area.

Next, I ask Hispanic looking passenger where was Whole Foods and he kindly told me, but didn't give me good direction, so I asked at customer service and she kindly told me opposite of Marcy's.

When I got out at Marcy, I got lost where was Whole Foods and I try to ask 3 shoppers where I was Whole Foods, but they thought I was selling something because I was holding my clipboard with bus literacy.

Finally 4th shopper coming from parking lot stop and help me little but I found my way to New Moriches St and found Lake Grove Whole Food across the street.

Lake Grove Whole Foods also had Olivia Organic produces, Uncle Mott Organic Juices but after window shopping inside, I bought Pecan something Roll and even Lake Grove Team Members are nice and female team member at express counter told me direction to mall entrance, so I went back to Marcy's, got lost little and ask Macy's employee where was Apple Store and employee gave me direction kindly.

Next, I took time at Apple Store quick and asked S58 Riverhead driver, but I wasn't waiting for 14:55.

S56 was leaving 14:30, so I relax at Apple Store and I edited my list for Whole Foods and Apple store on my first facebook account.

I already paid for 14:30 S56 at 14:27, and he radio in S62 Happague and he wasn't here yet. "IYou should take S62 because he will catch up with S54 before me" and he wrote note on his transfer.

I had my paid transfer and his note on another transfer.

Last bus line up was S62 Riverhead and soon 13:00 S62 Happague came and he was suppose to leave 14:20, but left 12 minutes late at 14:32, suppose to arrived Happague Dennison Building @ 14:33, but he arrived 13 minutes late at 14:46.

I was the only one waiting for bus there.

Total time on SCT: 14 minutes.

Soon, 14:00 S54 Walt Whitman Mall #1039 that suppose to arrive 14:20 came and departed 30 minutes late at 14:50.

Male driver was friendly and he was suppose to arrived Walt Whitman Mall at 15:20, arrived 8 minutes late at 15:28.

Total time on SCT: 38 minutes.

As I made ran for 15:30 n79 Hicksville #1792, I trip behind the NICE Bus and drop to ground, drop my Honest Iced Tea I got from museum and rush into bus, which was same driver from n27 Roosevelt Field bus which I took yesterday.

He left ontime and arrived Hicksville Station ontime at 16:05.

Total time on NICE: 35 minutes. ADA OK.

Next, I got on 16:12 n22 Jamaica #1870, male driver left 2 minutes late at 16:14, arrived Mineola Intermodal TransitCenter at 16:59, 2 minutes late from 16:57.

Total time on NICE: 45 minutes. ADA OK.

I met with Charlene and Anita who was doing flyering for public forum on Feb 28th, with Ana.

I boarded EXTRME CRUSH LOADED 17:12 n41 Freeport #1692 departed 1 minute lat at 17:13, arrived Franklin Av/7th St @ 17:22, 2 minutes late.

Total time on NICE: 9 minutes.

There I met familar Spanish male passenger and I walk to Wild Fig pass Stewart Av and there was NICE Able-Ride was dropping off union member and disabled bus rider.

Cyndia Tropeano, TWU Local 252, also members of LIB Riders Union came as well.

I gave her extra Bee-Line system map for Westchester County.

After the anniversary party and birthday party for one of LIBRU Member, party ended around 20:00.

Cindy drove me to n20 Flushing at my favorite stop, Greenvale and she left at 20:05 and got to n20 Flushing at 20:25.

I got on 20:35 n20 Flushing #1848 which departed ontime at 20:29.

When bus got to Great Neck Station, it was strange. Not many people waiting at ALL.

Arrived Roosevelt Av/Union St @ 21:21, 4 minutes late from 21:17.

Total time on NICE: 52 minutes.

After the 21:30 n20 Hicksville #1848 left, I got on front car on Times Sq-bound (7) #1811 departed 21:30, arriving Junction Blvd at 21:37.

Total time on Subway: 7 minutes.

I made quick stop at my old house to check mail, check stove, then went home.

THE END.

LOL, #7 train in 7 mins!

• 1 month later...

Good driver had driver exhange at Merrick Rd/Five Corners in Lynbrook.

Do you mean they changed drivers on the bus or you had an exchange (conversation) with the driver?

FYI they have a change machine outside at Babylon LIRR for commuters to pay for parking but I've it to get quarters for the bus.

Do you mean they changed drivers on the bus or you had an exchange (conversation) with the driver?

FYI they have a change machine outside at Babylon LIRR for commuters to pay for parking but I've it to get quarters for the bus.

No it was just like (MTA).

Another driver with run was waiting at Lynbrook Station (correction) and he pushed that driver.

Archived