ENY being prepped for Artics

Acela Express

If they are getting Artics, Bring back our Xcelsiors!

Honestly IMO I think that IF they actually do get artics then the 45 Xcelsiors might swing back over to the park. That's what I think, I don't know about anybody else's opinion but that might just happen, only time will tell.

Perhaps the B15 is going to get a limited or SBS. I always believed that they need a limited but artics? Really did not see that one coming. B82? Hell no!

I thought a B82 SBS would be nice, but Kings Highway is a narrow road between Ocean Avenue and its end at Bay Parkway, and that's where it slows down to a crawl and gets bunched up during peak hours. MTA must like the XD60s they have so far if they're planning on all these articulated buses coming in.

Ride the B15 during the day and you'll see how crowded it gets. Sometimes you would see 3 buses going down the line all at once and all 3 of them will be packed. Hell, sometimes its crowded on the hawk runs, and they come every 45 minutes at that time.

if you look at possible extra artic when all the current orders are complete ( and the a shuttle is no longer needed) there will be about 25 or so extra busses unassingned. that  wouldn't be enouph busses to fully convert the b15 the artic . if eny would get artic the b12 would probablly be the route.

Archived