R17 6688 in Spiderman 2...

+Young+

So, for those of you that do not know and/or are not aware of...the R17 6688 from the Shore Line Trolley Museum has been moved to Long Island to be used in the filming of Spiderman 2. On its facebook page, the Shore Line Trolley Museum stated that "R17 subway car 6688 has been moved off site for use in an upcoming motion picture Spiderman 2. Due to contractual obligations regarding movie content, we can offer no other details at this time. The movie is planned for a release in mid to late spring and we expect 6688 will be back at the museum by that time. A full story will appear then."

In the meantime, can anyone offer any details for us?

Thanks in advance...

Moderators: If necessary, feel free to move this thread...I thought this was the proper place since we are talking about the R17 from Connecticut.

It's actually "The Amazing Spider-man 2" Not Spider-Man 2... (The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Is the Sequel to the Amazing Spider-man)

Anyways I agree with the above, They should just use one of the Redbird sets from around the city, not from the shoreline museum (which to me makes no sense) 

There's some picture on fb about it. Got the car on temporary trucks and dragging the thing along by tractor trailer

You mean Tractor. The train is the trailer lol

R17 from the shoreline museum? Why can't they just use one of the redbirds that are still on property here to use?

lol, Spiderman 2, just so strange seeing that same title not even 10 years ago. smh at the rebooting, but that's another issue.

I'm sure the museum is happy to get that check for the train, I'm sure they probably need it more than the MTA does.

That's that standard set that has both R32 and below direct lighting and R38 and up indirect lighting (backlit ads). There has never been anything like that in the system; there did used to be a single row of lights down the center of the ceiling, though. And the signs are placed like they are on R44 and up.

Well, there are the WF R33s...

Doesn't mean the MTA will give them up. Plus it really doesn't matter any way it's not like the director and the crew care what subway car they use just as long as they can use it for the film.

Well, if the producers of the movie are paying for it, not my problem. Although for all the trouble of moving that car all the way to LI when you have a subway car here that could be used, why not do that- using something closer to home and save the cost of the extra miles of transport. I mean it's not like the MTA would miss a car.

R17 from the shoreline museum? Why can't they just use one of the redbirds that are still on property here to use?

lol, Spiderman 2, just so strange seeing that same title not even 10 years ago. smh at the rebooting, but that's another issue.

Yeah, they used the "Spiderman 2" title back in 2004. Wait, why didn't they use #9075?

Archived