Committee Materials Jan 2013

Amtrak7

- (G) extension

-Bx46 creation

-Bx15/Bx55 service revision (I'm sure this is mentioned elsewhere so I won't discuss) Needs hearing.

-Bus schedule changes April 2013. Lots, but the only ones larger than 7% in both directions are:

Bx13 weekday, +10.6%

B49 Saturday, -9.3%

B60 Saturday, -9.6%

Bx12 SBS Saturday, +26%

M15 SBS Saturday, +15.5%

B12 Sunday, -8.1%

B45 Sunday, -9.3%

B49 Sunday, -7.1%

Bx6 Sunday, +8.6%

M15 local Sunday, -10.9%

Net increase of $2.2 M a year.

-Manhattan-bound QM12 via Trotting Course Ln

And where is the link at for this?  B49 ridership is no surprise. Can't get a damn bus on Saturdays to save your life.   <_< If the (MTA) is truly concerned about bus service they would make sure that all buses are sent out because there is no good reason why one should wait almost 40 minutes for a B49 on Saturday and only one measly bus comes.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Amtrak7" data-cid="637135" data-time="1359157745"><p>

- (G) extension<br />

-Bx46 creation<br />

-Bx15/Bx55 service revision (I'm sure this is mentioned elsewhere so I won't discuss) Needs hearing.<br />

-Bus schedule changes April 2013. Lots, but the only ones larger than 7% in both directions are:<br />

<br />

Bx13 weekday, +10.6%<br />

B49 Saturday, -9.3%<br />

B60 Saturday, -9.6%<br />

Bx12 SBS Saturday, +26%<br />

M15 SBS Saturday, +15.5%<br />

B12 Sunday, -8.1%<br />

B45 Sunday, -9.3%<br />

B49 Sunday, -7.1%<br />

Bx6 Sunday, +8.6%<br />

M15 local Sunday, -10.9%<br />

<br />

Net increase of $2.2 M a year.<br />

<br />

-Manhattan-bound QM12 via Trotting Course Ln</p></blockquote>

As a former QM12 rider, I like this change

Yes it is.

No, it's not. The part-time section of the Bx55 would be cut, and the rest of the Bx55 would be merged with the Bx15 to become the Bx15 Limited.

Schedule adjustments excluded, bus route alterations/extensions/additions would be as follows or is considered:

1. The Bx41 Limited would convert to the Bx41 +Select Bus Service+.

2. The Bx55 would merge with the Bx15 and become the Bx15 Limited. The Limited portion will only be between Fordham Plaza and The Hub. The part-time Bx55 route from Fordham Plaza to Williamsbridge would be cut.

3. Manhattan-bound QM12s would turn on Trotting Course Lane instead of making a right turn to Yellowstone Boulevard.

4. A completely brand new Bronx bus route to serve western Hunts Point/Barretto Point Park called the Bx46. It would travel from the Prospect Avenue (2)(5) station at Westchester Avenue to the Hunts Point Market via Longwood Avenue, Tiffany Street, and Viele Avenue.

C'mon, another service cut on the M8? The MTA doesn't seem to get that the worse service gets, the fewer people take the bus. When it's more frequent, more people consider it a reliable option...

Least they're gonna improve B62 service...

No, it's not. The part-time section of the Bx55 would be cut, and the rest of the Bx55 would be merged with the Bx15 to become the Bx15 Limited.

Schedule adjustments excluded, bus route alterations/extensions/additions would be as follows or is considered:

1. The Bx41 Limited would convert to the Bx41 +Select Bus Service+.

2. The Bx55 would merge with the Bx15 and become the Bx15 Limited. The Limited portion will only be between Fordham Plaza and The Hub. The part-time Bx55 route from Fordham Plaza to Williamsbridge would be cut.

3. Manhattan-bound QM12s would turn on Trotting Course Lane instead of making a right turn to Yellowstone Boulevard.

4. A completely brand new Bronx bus route to serve western Hunts Point/Barretto Point Park called the Bx46. It would travel from the Prospect Avenue (2)(5) station at Westchester Avenue to the Hunts Point Market via Longwood Avenue, Tiffany Street, and Viele Avenue.

Merged, cut, absorbed. It doesn't matter. The Bx55 is on it's way to the graveyard

And what's the big deal about the Bx55 anyway?? Anything else on (MTA) Bus besides the QM12??

The Bx55 was formerly the the 3 Av El aka the (8) train. Since 2010, it's had a little fall from grace. It was only a matter of time before it would be absorbed by the Bx15. At least it wasn't extended to Wiliiamsbridge

The Bx55 was formerly the the 3 Av El aka the (8) train. Since 2010, it's had a little fall from grace. It was only a matter of time before it would be absorbed by the Bx15. At least it wasn't extended to Wiliiamsbridge

Why was it even part time anyway?? Sounds like it should've been absorbed a while ago.

- Slow, eventual discontinuing of service - shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.....

Whenever any talks of the Bx15 & the 55 emerge, I say to myself, the 55 will be gone in due time anyway.... All you have to do is look how the 55 used to run & compare it to how it runs now.....

- As far as the QM12 change, I'm not dedicating too many keystrokes over that.....

- As for that Bx46 or whatever, the more I think about it, the more I say they may as well add that service (they'd put on the 46) to the Bx6 & just have w/e amount of Bx6's turn off at prospect/163rd to run down to the industry (food center dr) via prospect, longwood, etc. running past baretto point park.... I'm not suggesting a 50/50 "split", not even close..... if they want to call the diverted buses the 46, that can still be done.... But to have buses ending at prospect av 2/5? ehh......

Where would you have this 46 start then?

With this 46 service, I would integrate (add) it with the Bx6... So with that said, they'd start over there on riverside drive....

If it helps:

Bx6: current route, unchanged...

Bx46: current Bx6 to prospect av, then turns down prospect to serve the 2/5 station, to then take on the MTA's proposed 46 route

(sans the turnaround scenario at prospect av subway)

With this 46 service, I would integrate (add) it with the Bx6... So with that said, they'd start over there on riverside drive....

If it helps:

Bx6: current route, unchanged...

Bx46: current Bx6 to prospect av, then turns down prospect to serve the 2/5 station, to then take on the MTA's proposed 46 route

(sans the turnaround scenario at prospect av subway)

That was one of the (MTA)'s alternatives in reading the PDF. They said it would be "too confusing" for riders

That was one of the (MTA)'s alternatives in reading the PDF. They said it would be "too confusing" for riders

Lol... Good stuff...

under that logic, I suppose the current B17 is too confusing... or the current B41... or the current Q85.... or any other route with a branch....

- As for that Bx46 or whatever, the more I think about it, the more I say they may as well add that service (they'd put on the 46) to the Bx6 & just have w/e amount of Bx6's turn off at prospect/163rd to run down to the industry (food center dr) via prospect, longwood, etc. running past baretto point park.... I'm not suggesting a 50/50 "split", not even close..... if they want to call the diverted buses the 46, that can still be done.... But to have buses ending at prospect av 2/5? ehh......

I agree. I think this way, you make it more useful for people living around Longwood Avenue, since you provide them with direct access to that whole area by Yankee Stadium, as well as Upper Manhattan. (Not to mention, you help whatever industrial workers who live in Melrose, Upper Manhattan, etc)

With this, you're depending entirely on the industrial workers (either coming from the subway or who live in the immediate area), which means that this could end up being like the Q67 (if not worse, because at least the Q67 serves a residential area on the eastern end).

I was originally thinking to have this take Hunts Point to Spofford, and then go down and serve the western part of Hunts Point (because this way, you still serve the residential part of Hunts Point), but I guess the other way, you provide direct access to the (2), and service along Longwood, so I guess it's a toss-up.

But either way, I think this'll fail as a standalone route.

Archived