Committee Materials Jan 2013

Amtrak7

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="aemoreira81" data-cid="638101" data-time="1359393823"><p>

Actually, it is not, according to the linked documents. There will simply be no service on Third Avenue north of Fordham Road...although personally, I'd like to see the Bx15 extended to Fordham and Valentine (sharing a terminus with the Bx22).</p></blockquote>

I thought it was, but after looking at it a second time, there will be no local service north of Fordham Plaza.

That's a decrease. In order to have a LTD a bus must run 5 minutes or less during rush hour

I don't think the Q27 will have midday LTD service

Bx40/Bx42 is getting a rush hour service increase (headway decrease) in the AM and PM rush to 6 minute headways. Another rush hour service increase would give it at least 5 minute headways and then MTA can decide if they want to try LTD service on the Bx40 or Bx42

Regarding the Bx15/Bx55 revision, I saw this coming 3 months ago:

"I can see the Bx55 being folded into a new Bx15 Limited. The only thing they would have to do is get rid of the Williamsbridge leg of the 55."

Now that the Bx2 is all-local heading down 3rd Avenue in addition to the Bx21, a Bx15LTD can run through to 138th Street without it being deemed redundant.
The LTD buses can even run to Manhattan to trim down run times while the local buses can stay in the Bronx.

Other than the Bx15LTD running local south of The Hub, this is exactly what the MTA is doing. Reliability for the LTD might take a hit with the longer route but the local folks might see more consistent service...

I wonder if LTD service on 3rd Avenue during weekends would be feasible nowadays with through service to Harlem coming soon...

Archived