n27 gets lost in the snow

PinePower

Fortunately I was there to get the bus out of Old Westbury. It was the n27 trip from Glen Cove that leaves at 6:25pm, came about 25 minutes late. Instead of making the right onto Harbor Hill Rd it continued straight, at first I thought it was a detour because of the snow. Then he gets in the left turn lane at the LIE Service Road and sits there for a minute, then makes a left! Then stops the bus. I go to the front and he says he's lost in broken english. Being that we were 25 min late and the w/b LIE & svc road was a parking lot, I directed him east, then right (south) on Old Westbury Rd, then right (west) on Jericho Turnpike, then left (south) onto Glen Cove Rd back on route. It was very hard to direct him as he had difficulty understanding me. I know we missed Roslyn Rd, rail,etc but we were late enough and the next bus would pick them up. 

Wow, is N.I.C.E serious? Hiring bus operators who can barely speak clear English, and not knowing the routes...

#STEPYAGAMEUP <_<

Nice you did that though, i would of done the same by directing him

Who do you think they're gonna get to take this job with this cut-rate operation? Like I've said before-you get what you pay for.

You get what you pay for.

Who do you think they're gonna get to take this job with this cut-rate operation? Like I've said before-you get what you pay for.

You get what you pay for.

HAHAHAHAHA u serious bro? This is not a NICE problem at all. Here in my country, even in Belgium and Germany I've seen bus operators that have trouble with the native language spoken. And I'm talking bus companies that don't have cut-rate operation because those don't exist here.

Now getting lost is something different. That has happened to me once but he knew he was going wrong so he turned and got back on route with a small delay of course.

HAHAHAHAHA u serious bro? This is not a NICE problem at all. Here in my country, even in Belgium and Germany I've seen bus operators that have trouble with the native language spoken. And I'm talking bus companies that don't have cut-rate operation because those don't exist here.

Now getting lost is something different. That has happened to me once but he knew he was going wrong so he turned and got back on route with a small delay of course.

Happens in D.C. also when I'm down there. WMATA bus drivers be making wrong turns.

Under (MTA) Long Island Bus, drivers had to take a route test during the job application process to test their knowledge of the bus map. Under NICE, they may not bother to do this anymore.

Probably, because that was MTA Long Island Bus.

Yes it was, I think I said that. Do you work for NICE? Do you know? I don't think so.

Under (MTA), Long Island Bus B/Os never made wrong mistake.

That's why all senior drivers and senior dispatchers want (MTA) to come back.

Also new drivers on NICE don't know how to operate WHEELCHAIR LIFT/RAMPS and don't KNOW THE TIMESPOINTS.

No one trusts NICE. Every ethnic riders are unhappy with NICE, including Chinese, Spanish, Korean, etc.

Even people  visiting Long Island via NICE isn't happy either.

When I took n22x Jamaica on Dec 31, n22x riders who boarded at Roosevelt Field Mall was pissed when it made two additional stops and they all said, "It doesn't MAKE SENSE"

I even heard Spanish going quick ride to Jamaica wasn't happy either.

At 17:00 NICE Fare Hike Meeting, female Spanish rider testify against fare hike for unreliable bus service like n35 that PinePower stated and she even said, n35 drivers, especially new drivers are always late.

Nassau County Legislature Dave Denenberg and Carrie Solages didn't vote for Veolia to operate Nassau County Bus.

Carrie Solages has been received lots of complaint from English and Spanish residents in his district NICE Bus is horrible.

Under (MTA), Long Island Bus B/Os never made wrong mistake.

That's why all senior drivers and senior dispatchers want (MTA) to come back.

Also new drivers on NICE don't know how to operate WHEELCHAIR LIFT/RAMPS and don't KNOW THE TIMESPOINTS.

No one trusts NICE. Every ethnic riders are unhappy with NICE, including Chinese, Spanish, Korean, etc.

Even people  visiting Long Island via NICE isn't happy either.

When I took n22x Jamaica on Dec 31, n22x riders who boarded at Roosevelt Field Mall was pissed when it made two additional stops and they all said, "It doesn't MAKE SENSE"

I even heard Spanish going quick ride to Jamaica wasn't happy either.

At 17:00 NICE Fare Hike Meeting, female Spanish rider testify against fare hike for unreliable bus service like n35 that PinePower stated and she even said, n35 drivers, especially new drivers are always late.

Nassau County Legislature Dave Denenberg and Carrie Solages didn't vote for Veolia to operate Nassau County Bus.

Carrie Solages has been received lots of complaint from English and Spanish residents in his district NICE Bus is horrible.

seriously don't you have anything better to do than bash NICE.

It's not only me bashing.

Almost entire NICE Riders are bashing against private bus company and they all said (MTA) was much better.

It's fact and no one likes NICE. Only new drivers like NICE.

According to Cindy Tropeano, excellent senior former (MTA)/Veolia B/O), senior drivers has quit NICE and working with Suffolk County Transit or transfer to MTA because they didn't trust Veolia.

I have asked many business in Nassau and Suffolk Counties, because of NICE change, they're losing business from bus rider.

Some employee who depends on NICE are getting close to fire because of traffic, breakdown, inexperience drivers, railroad crossing.

Cindy told us at LIBRU's Anniversary Party there was an professional senior (MTA) employee who want to be in charge of bus scheduling, but Veolia wouldn't let him.

Veolia scheduler is doing terrible job.

If I was in Veolia's shoes, I would survey bus route at railroad crossing gate to see how train traffic affect bus schedules.

Entire Nassau, Suffolk and the Rockaway residents who depends on NICE are all against because they make them late, some new drivers are nasty, rude, unprofessional just like PinePower's video stated new drivers getting lost in middle of nowhere and sometimes has wrong destination sign.

I remember during first week, when I was at SUNY Old Westbury, n20l Limited from Hicksville was late, but when he showed up, he WAS ACTUALLY LOCAL and I didn't figure out until bus went through Roslyn District and even entered NYIT with n20l LTD sign.

Students who commute on NICE are spending more time riding bus or waiting for bus than getting educated because Veolia's rookie drivers are slow pace.

I remember when I took 8:15 n20 Limited Hicksville (after April change), this rookie driver was DRIVING SO SLOW, 8:45 n20 Limited Hicksville caught up with him and they missed n27 Glen Clove connection as in result.

All Nassau/Suffolk/Rockaway residents who depends aren't calling NICE a NICE.

I remember during first week, when I was at SUNY Old Westbury, n22l Limited from Hicksville was late, but when he showed up, he WAS ACTUALLY LOCAL and I didn't figure out until bus went through Roslyn District and even entered NYIT with n20l LTD sign.

The n22 goes to SUNY Old Westbury now? :huh:

Fortunately I was there to get the bus out of Old Westbury.

Good thing you were there, do you carry around your tights and cape for a situation like this? 

Happens in D.C. also when I'm down there. WMATA bus drivers be making wrong turns.

Shh...  No, it is only a nice problem, no reason bringing logic into this, we must believe what Pine Power and Hound tell us.  Don't question them!  NICE is the worst in the world!  The worst dammit!

And there we go again... Alright, I've changed my mind: away with NICE and let MTA LIB come back so I can actually make one rant topic after another about MTA LIB, just like happens with NICE now.

I would love that! I would love to see what people have to say if the MTA came back and started to FAIL, but it was going to be so much better!  I think it is sad that during the summer people couldn't remember what was happeining 8 months earlier.

Seriously, I wish MTA LIB would come back so we could sit here and laugh!

Sorry, I meant n20l LTD.

Why is it so unforgivable for nice to make a mistake when even the great FamousNYLover makes a mistake. :P   Relax, take a ddep breath, I'm having fun with you.

Good thing you were there, do you carry around your tights and cape for a situation like this? 

Shh...  No, it is only a nice problem, no reason bringing logic into this, we must believe what Pine Power and Hound tell us.  Don't question them!  NICE is the worst in the world!  The worst dammit!

I would love that! I would love to see what people have to say if the MTA came back and started to FAIL, but it was going to be so much better!  I think it is sad that during the summer people couldn't remember what was happeining 8 months earlier.

Seriously, I wish MTA LIB would come back so we could sit here and laugh!

Why is it so unforgivable for nice to make a mistake when even the great FamousNYLover makes a mistake. :P   Relax, take a ddep breath, I'm having fun with you.

The only thing I'm sitting here and laughing about is your comments. Esp. the one about NICE's complaints being "fairytales".

I didn't say NICE complaits are fairytales I said you and Pine Power are telling fairytales, big difference.

But don't worry, I'm on the same side, I believe in fairytales!  We all know MTA LIB never had complaints.  ;)  In fact I don't know why they called it "Long Island Bus" they should've called the service PERFECT.  :rolleyes:

Archived