MTA buses in movies

jgood6195

Perhaps, we should focus on movies where the bus was part of the scene feather than just in the background shots? There's a movie called conspiracy theory with Mel Gibson where the lead characters boards the bus to escape some government officials.

13 blocks features a bus, but it doesn't look like an MTA bus.

It had the MTA style hoodlum lights. That's what I look for.

In Bronx Tale, DeNiro drives a GM old-look at the beginning of the movie.  Later on he drives a Fishbowl.

Yea, I mentioned that movie because the bus was part of the scene. A Bronx Tale was a good movie.

The Adjustment Bureau, if any of you saw that, there's a decent part of the movie which revolves around Matt Damon's character riding on an RTS on what would have been the M6. It's 4430 and 0090 or something like that, whatever it is it's an ex-MTA RTS. Only goof is that the numbers are switched from the inside to the outside, but they got it mostly right. 

• 2 months later...

Bump.

Watching Godzilla right now:

1. In the scene right after Madison Square Garden blows up and Nick and Audrey kiss, Animal (Hank) talks to the French guy and you can see a fishbowl in the background.

2. A few minutes after, when the military is travelling up Broadway and the soldier is talking in the radio, there's another fishbowl, when the military cars make a turn.

3. After they go through the alley and Godzilla uses his fire breath, there's yet another fishbowl (probably the same prop/bus), and as they go up, an RTS can be seen on one side of the bridge.

If I remember correctly, at the end of the movie "Analyze That", after the heist, all of the bad (good) guys load up an MTA RTS (complete with LED destination sign if I'm not mistaken) with the pilfered gold bars and have someone in full uniform operate it as if it were in service.

And in the Marvel's "The Avengers" there appears a really old MTA looking RTS (with the swing out REAR doors) and what looks like a Grumman 870/Flxible Metro...

The Italian film "2019, After the Fall of New York". Several retired GMC TDH-5301s and TDH-5303s are seen as well as retired 1963 Flxible F2D6V-401-1 buses. Basically for those that don't follow designations those are fishbowls from GMC and Flxible. Replaced by RTS buses during that time period in 1983. Here is the scene from where the buses are seen.

Archived