Food costs too much

MHV9218

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've very recently discovered the all  Japanese-American breakfast: Eggs and sausage over rice and miso soup on the side with stuffed shrimp and tea. Love it. Take your vitamins along with it, gets you going. I am so stuffed that sometimes I have to actually skip lunch cause I'm still full from the meal! She likes to serve it with wasabi. Can't take that stuff, it really makes me breathe an inferno of fire like a blow torch! She eats it like nothing. Not even Jamaican hot sauce is like that! That I can tolerate but not wasabi. WAY too hot for me.

I've very recently discovered the all  Japanese-American breakfast: Eggs and sausage over rice and miso soup on the side with stuffed shrimp and tea. Love it. Take your vitamins along with it, gets you going. I am so stuffed that sometimes I have to actually skip lunch cause I'm still full from the meal! She likes to serve it with wasabi. Can't take that stuff, it really makes me breathe an inferno of fire like a blow torch! She eats it like nothing. Not even Jamaican hot sauce is like that! That I can tolerate but not wasabi. WAY too hot for me.

At first, I thought you were talking about a restaurant.

Oh, I meant at home. usually we both cook alot of rice since we cook Indian, Chinese and japanese all the time. So usually we'll use the leftover rice for breakfast. Ditto on the shrimp, miso soup etc. Only think we need to cook is the sausage n eggs, bacon or whatever. many times we actually cook this stuff in one shot with dinner cause neithr of us want to be bothered in the morning.

My mom does the samer thing which is smart. But she would cook the roti in the morning when it's fresh. She would cook it with curry chick peas, or smoked herring with roasted eggplant, potatoes, and eggs. She taught us how to cook that, but usually we'll hit up the kitchen making Indian food during the weekends when we can sleep in a bit late.

But many times we'll just toast some bread scramble some eggs and be done with it lol keep it simple.

Oh, I meant at home. usually we both cook alot of rice since we cook Indian, Chinese and japanese all the time. So usually we'll use the leftover rice for breakfast. Ditto on the shrimp, miso soup etc. Only think we need to cook is the sausage n eggs, bacon or whatever. many times we actually cook this stuff in one shot with dinner cause neithr of us want to be bothered in the morning.

My mom does the samer thing which is smart. But she would cook the roti in the morning when it's fresh. She would cook it with curry chick peas, or smoked herring with roasted eggplant, potatoes, and eggs. She taught us how to cook that, but usually we'll hit up the kitchen making Indian food during the weekends when we can sleep in a bit late.

But many times we'll just toast some bread scramble some eggs and be done with it lol keep it simple.

Sounds good lol.

Yeah we're one big happy family. It's a good feeling, seriously. Because I used to be loner, not just in the dating sense, but in the survival state, life was rough for me. I was homeless two times. Not ashamed to say this I've made mistakes but I've learned not to repeat them. So this is why I am posting like this, I'm very much appreciative of the cherished moments I am having now with my lovely  queen, and my family. I never really been in a family sitation like this until recently. All in all I am starting to see my true potential.

You guys are lucking I can cook a whole family of food.

Today's Menu:

Cheddar Cheesy Rice

Mac n' Cheese

BBQ or Buffalo Tenders

Lemon Ice Tea

Naruto-style Remen w/Buffalo sause optional

South-Western Salmon

Marshmallow Creme Pancakes & Scrambled Eggs

Choose your dish.

:P

In west Central Paris (I converted the price in dollar).

$13 for a Ramen noodle soup. (I can find lower prices)

$12 for a Burrito at Chipotle

$6 for a simple sandwich (chicken and salad)

$5 for a Big Mac.

Food is quite expensive in Paris but small supermarkets (Carrefour Market) have lower price.

This lunchtime I bought two club sandwichs (chicken tandori) for less than $3 (€2). 

I think that tomorrow, I will buy a bibimbap at the bento shop close to my office. 

At home, it is my father or my mother who cook, it is usually a plate with rice, sometimes pasta or potato.

They tend to cook a lot of asian food, 

$5 for a Big Mac.

Food is quite expensive in Paris but small supermarkets (Carrefour Market) have lower price.

This lunchtime I bought two club sandwichs (chicken tandori) for less than $3 (€2). 

I think that tomorrow, I will buy a bibimbap at the bento shop close to my office. 

At home, it is my father or my mother who cook, it is usually a plate with rice, sometimes pasta or potato.

$13 F**king dollars for a lousy cup of roman?!?!?

$5 for a Big Mac.

Ouais, mais l'argent en France vaut plus que l'argent dans l'États-Unis. Et aussi...ça m'embête que vous gagniez plus de l'argent que les Américains, mais c'est vrai! [Je suis désolé pour mon Français.]

Wages are not higher in France. It is often lower.

The median housewold income in France is $38,739 (after direct taxes) with actual exchange rate.

Anyway central Paris is not France, prices are higher in than in the rest of the country.

$13 F**king dollars for a lousy cup of roman?!?!?

Yes, the quantity is quite big but it is very expensive.  :(

I can find Ramen for approx $9.50 in some other restaurants.

I can get Cantonese style grub at the local sleeper joints none of the tourists know about for 6 bucks in Manhattan Chinatown by Grand St (Hope you can read Chinese to read the posted menus). Authentic Cantonese style food buffet for 6 dollars in Flushing. (That joint under the LIRR trestle at Main Street right by the library. Again good luck reading the posted menus in Chinese) Surprisingly good for 6 bucks. In fact you can get the smaller plate for 3 dollars in change.

Indian buffet for 8 dollars at the local joints in Jackson Heights by 39th Ave and 74th Street. 

Halal food at a local restaurant for 6 bucks on Hillside and 169th Street in Jamaica.

Korean/Japanese food at another sleeper joint by 34th Street off Broadway in Manhattan for 8 dollars. 

As much as I absolutely love Russian food (pure goodness) I'm yet to find it for cheap in Brighton Beach. Any suggestions on that one guys? 

Dang you're not kidding, food in Paris is prohibitively expensive. Woah.

I eat rice and bakchoy with side meat dishes practically every day since I was a little child. Ditto on curry goodness, nan and roti. 

Yep, huge savings if you cook at home rather go to restaurants. I have the same attitude. Speaking of which I may bake some chicken or something in an hour or so. With mashed potatoes and veggies. Getting a bit hungry....

But it's Ok to just go to a restaurant or get take out pizza or something once in a while. LOL I'm not going to cook 7 days a week!

I can get Cantonese style grub at the local sleeper joints none of the tourists know about for 6 bucks in Manhattan Chinatown by Grand St (Hope you can read Chinese to read the posted menus). Authentic Cantonese style food buffet for 6 dollars in Flushing. (That joint under the LIRR trestle at Main Street right by the library. Again good luck reading the posted menus in Chinese) Surprisingly good for 6 bucks. In fact you can get the smaller plate for 3 dollars in change.

Indian buffet for 8 dollars at the local joints in Jackson Heights by 39th Ave and 74th Street. 

Halal food at a local restaurant for 6 bucks on Hillside and 169th Street in Jamaica.

Korean/Japanese food at another sleeper joint by 34th Street off Broadway in Manhattan for 8 dollars. 

As much as I absolutely love Russian food (pure goodness) I'm yet to find it for cheap in Brighton Beach. Any suggestions on that one guys? 

For your Russian food addiction I found a place. http://www.yelp.com/biz/gastronome-europe-brooklyn#query:cheap%20russian%20restaurant

Archived