transit museum fleet

Joe

The Train of Many Colors should be at 207th.

I dunno of any R40s in the museum as of yet.

ah, i thought i saw someone mention on here that there were R40 slants there, sounds like i'm losing it real early :o

There are two slants that are part of the museum fleet...they are NOT on display...4192-93 is the name IINM...

Also two R32's also NOT on display...3352-53.

The four cars from the ToMC are NOT on display right now because they are getting prepped for Saturday's nostalgia ride. That means no R12, R15, R17, or R33WF in the museum...

On display: R4 484, R1 100, R7A 1575. You got the triplex, the standard, R11, R16, and R30. Other side you got two work locomotives, Lo-V, Q type, 3 gate cars, money train (R21/22's), and brand new for this week FOUR REDBIRDS (R33 ML's) painted in silver with blue stripe, still got their "redbird appearance" on the interior...

they bring back memories...camera phone FTW!

6signboxeu0.jpg

Oh...as an update, I heard today (secondhand) that the TM will be preserving a PAIR of each type of car. Pair of 32s, 38s, 40s, 40Ms, 42s. Dont know anything more than that though...and some of the sets "to be saved" still Revenue Active..

Oh...as an update, I heard today (secondhand) that the TM will be preserving a PAIR of each type of car. Pair of 32s, 38s, 40s, 40Ms, 42s. Dont know anything more than that though...and some of the sets "to be saved" still Revenue Active..

Well, they are married pairs, which means one car needs the other to work. That consist would make a nice museum train (I think someone said that already, but what the hell)

Well, they are married pairs, which means one car needs the other to work. That consist would make a nice museum train (I think someone said that already, but what the hell)

Right but there was speculation that only one car from certain types would be saved, because they are mechanically compatible (like the R40M/R42 pair).

Needless to say its good news...

I have seen the diagrams for all those lovely BRT/BMT experiemental units in books. Too bad they couldn't be built onto a substtute platform so they could run. Then we could use them as new and/or preserve them in the museum. Don't mind me, I am dreaming.:eek:

By the way just as an Update those R33 ML's are back out the museum, replaced by our Old friends that saw SMEE trip service on Saturday: R12 5760, R15 6239, R17 6609, and R33S (WF) 9306. 9306 platformed, but is behind the gate, so isn't accessible to the public at the moment.

As for that SMEE trip it was a ton of fun for all despite the wet weather and definitely one of the best trips in the last few years...great way to close out the Nostalgia Ride season.

Archived