Express bus driver ignoring passengers

YankeesPwnMets

A couple days ago, I was waiting for the BxM2 express bus along with a couple of other people on Kappock Street. When the bus came, the bus driver just completely blew past all of us. Some people even tried to wave at the driver to catch his attention, but he just acted like we didn't exist. I decided to wait a couple more minutes for a BxM1 instead thinking that I would just walk afterwards, and when I got on, the ride was smooth until we got down to the Harlem River Drive, which was absolutely jammed packed. The driver decided to get off the highway and try to go for 5th avenue, unfortunately every other motorist decided to do the same and traffic was an absolute nightmare. Meanwhile, I look across the river and I see traffic on the Major Deegan (the highway the BxM2 takes) blazing past us... which made me think of how much time I would have saved if the damn BxM2 stopped. Why do some drivers ignore you, even if you try frantically to get their attention? Granted there was a Bx10 in front and he might of assumed we were taking that, but come on.. ya gotta at least stop and open the doors to see.

PS: Yes the bus was in revenue service, we all saw passengers scattered around in the bus.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Charles

I've had instances similar to this before -- I actually timed myself to catch the last Manhattan-bound QM4 one night (didn't want to take the trains), and as I see approach the stop there's a 64 pulling in as well, so I had to snake my way past the 64 (pretty much walking into the middle of the road) to flag down that 4 -- he was also travelling at a pretty high rate of speed as well. Was it safe? Probably (definitely) not. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Now, I'm not putting 100% of the blame on the driver -- after all, I'm not surprised I was the only passenger on the bus the entire trip. I wouldn't expect the driver to be even accustomed to picking up passengers on his particular trip, so it'll come as habit for him to operate quicker. That said, effort should still be made to scan carefully, even given the fact that the 64 was partially blocking the stop, in the event that there indeed are passengers who need the trip.

That said, for you, did this happen during the rush or offpeak (i'm going to simply assume rush since you got the next BxM1 fairly quickly)? If it were offpeak I can kinda see this happening, but I definitely agree that all drivers should be more aware especially in the case of another bus at a certain stop.

A couple days ago, I was waiting for the BxM2 express bus along with a couple of other people on Kappock Street. When the bus came, the bus driver just completely blew past all of us. Some people even tried to wave at the driver to catch his attention, but he just acted like we didn't exist. I decided to wait a couple more minutes for a BxM1 instead thinking that I would just walk afterwards, and when I got on, the ride was smooth until we got down to the Harlem River Drive, which was absolutely jammed packed. The driver decided to get off the highway and try to go for 5th avenue, unfortunately every other motorist decided to do the same and traffic was an absolute nightmare. Meanwhile, I look across the river and I see traffic on the Major Deegan (the highway the BxM2 takes) blazing past us... which made me think of how much time I would have saved if the damn BxM2 stopped. Why do some drivers ignore you, even if you try frantically to get their attention? Granted there was a Bx10 in front and he might of assumed we were taking that, but come on.. ya gotta at least stop and open the doors to see.

PS: Yes the bus was in revenue service, we all saw passengers scattered around in the bus.

Something like that happened once on the B51. Sometime in 2004, our B51 was coming up Tillary street  to go to Downtown Brooklyn. There was another B51 in front of us (both were repowered 1990-1991 TMC RTS's). The first bus did not even stop for an old woman that was waiting for the B51. Lucky for her, our bus came. Guess it has to do with other buses being in the area.

Something like that happened once on the B51. Sometime in 2004, our B51 was coming up Tillary street  to go to Downtown Brooklyn. There was another B51 in front of us (both were repowered 1990-1991 TMC RTS's). The first bus did not even stop for an old woman that was waiting for the B51. Lucky for her, our bus came. Guess it has to do with other buses being in the area.

The first bus didn't stop because they knew your bus would stop and pick her up, so there's no point in both buses spending time stopping there. Sure, he could've stopped and you guys could've passed, but if you guys had to let somebody off, then that would be two buses stopping for no reason (or even if you didn't have passengers, it's still harder to pass compared to if you're already in front).

I remember the first time I rode the BxM2. I was waiting at West 261 St for the driver to pull up to the actual stop before realizing I had to go to him. When I got on, he told me that in the future, I should wait at a distance from the actual stop when waiting for the express bus. Otherwise, he would have assumed I was waiting for the Bx7 or 10. Were you waiting at the actual stop, or some distance back? If it was the former, the driver might have assumed you were waiting for one of the local buses. I remember VG8 mentioned some express bus rider doing the same.

Kappock St is a BIG stop so I don't know why he did that.  I was going to the city tonight chatting with a B/O and he gave me the whole scoop on what goes down with Yonkers.  There are some a-holes out of Yonkers and some of them do real f*cked up stuff like bypassing stops and at least 10 of them have been fired over the last months because of nonsense like this.  Some of them are pissed at management as in (MTA) Bus since things were different I guess with Liberty LInes and so they take it out on the passengers.  That and the fact that some of them don't like doing Riverdale runs because they know folks will write in.  Some of these guys don't think though.  Now there's a guy that always comes late and I just assumed that he gets caught in traffic.  Found out that guy does that on purpose so he doesn't have to pick up folks and he's been close to getting the axe.  Also made a stink about the whole tracking system and I know why because he likes going off of the route. If I were you always note the bus and time and write in via e-mail.  There are at least three B/Os that I'm almost certain were fired for their nasty behavior.... One of them did the BxM18 and got into it with a dispatcher because he ordered him to stop at the stop we were waiting at and he had been refusing to do so talking about the stop had been moved when we had confirmed with the Department of Buses that no such thing had happened.

Another guy (a black B/O) who I've had on the BxM18 and BxM1 I'm sure was also fired... Was doing some real nasty BS, which as far as I could see was race related.  He'd act like he didn't see "select people", pull the bus way past where passengers were waiting then when they walked over to him and got on he'd jerk the bus so they went flying before they can grip on to anything and of course would only speak to "select people".  I started noticing a certain pattern with him and not only did I write in about his nasty behavior but I threatened to file a discrimination complaint as well to a higher up.  Haven't seen him since...

I know all of the little tricks some of those B/Os try to play and it's played out.  They really need to stop with that nonsense.  If they don't want the job let someone else who is going to be professional take it.  

I remember the first time I rode the BxM2. I was waiting at West 261 St for the driver to pull up to the actual stop before realizing I had to go to him. When I got on, he told me that in the future, I should wait at a distance from the actual stop when waiting for the express bus. Otherwise, he would have assumed I was waiting for the Bx7 or 10. Were you waiting at the actual stop, or some distance back? If it was the former, the driver might have assumed you were waiting for one of the local buses.

That's only true for some stops... For the most part the local buses stop right where the express buses do there in Riverdale so there usually isn't a spot per se to wait for them, but there's a few stops where we make lines for the express bus and you wait in that line or wait in a particular spot.  Other stops have no lines, and it is expected that the B/O makes the stop.  The problem is too many of them assume that they "know their regulars".  I've heard that BS line before and so that's what they go by. You have a lot of Riverdale express bus riders that have been riding for over 10 years and so it's like a club of old timers. If you're not a regular or not dressed the way they think their usual express bus riders are dressed then you are taken as a local bus rider.  I've seen it not only in Riverdale but also a lot on Staten Island.  If you want the bus you should study where the express bus folks wait at and if there is no particular spot, then position yourself towards the bus with your MetroCard out as if you're ready to board the bus and look at the bus or in the direction of the B/O.  This is usually sufficient enough and what I do.  I see people waiving and jumping up and down like idiots.  Completely unnecessary.  I was bypassed I think twice in all of the years I've taken the express bus on Staten Island and that was due to a-hole B/Os too busy watching @ss instead of looking to see who was waiting at the stop.  The issues with the Riverdale buses I had was a mix up with the bus stop, but now I have no problems at all since I know most of the B/Os.

I remember the first time I rode the BxM2. I was waiting at West 261 St for the driver to pull up to the actual stop before realizing I had to go to him. When I got on, he told me that in the future, I should wait at a distance from the actual stop when waiting for the express bus. Otherwise, he would have assumed I was waiting for the Bx7 or 10. Were you waiting at the actual stop, or some distance back? If it was the former, the driver might have assumed you were waiting for one of the local buses. I remember VG8 mentioned some express bus rider doing the same.

Well, personally, I do that anyway, regardless of what bus I'm waiting for. That way, if the bus I want is in the front, then I just walk over to the pole with my arm outstretched, and they stop. If the one I want is in the back, then I just walk back, so the first bus pulls up to the pole, and I board the second bus further back. I mean, if the B/O just floors it by the stop or something, all the way in the left lane then there's nothing you can do (that happened to my mom and I on the X10. The guy was going down Richmond Avenue in the left lane and went right by the stop. There wasn't another bus in the stop, and we put our hand out to make it clear that we wanted the X10, but no dice). But if the B/O isn't intent on bypassing the stop, then it works fine.

now you know why I take metro-north  :P . One thing before using express buses always check traffic on google maps if you see red on the highway your bus uses then just hop on the train. If you see green go for it and take it. Now I know why some bxm1s skip inwood now.

When I take the express bus, I always put my hand up to flag the B/O when he is about 1/4 of a block away from me, even if it is a B/O that knows me. 99% of the time that works just fine, but every once in a while a B/O will just zoom past me anyway, which really pisses me off. 

I've also seen B/O's that will randomly yell at people for waiting in a bus stop instead of a few feet down from the stop, as if everyone knows that the unmarked space is where the express bus actually stops. But that is pretty rare.

Overall, I've got to say that the EXP B/O's I deal with from CP, which are 99% of the express buses I take, are courteous and professional and do not play games like VG8 is describing with BxM guys. That said, there are a few guys that are complete jerks. However, there are so many B/O's from CP that it is rare that you catch the rude guys more than once in a while. 

When I take the express bus, I always put my hand up to flag the B/O when he is about 1/4 of a block away from me, even if it is a B/O that knows me. 99% of the time that works just fine, but every once in a while a B/O will just zoom past me anyway, which really pisses me off. 

I've also seen B/O's that will randomly yell at people for waiting in a bus stop instead of a few feet down from the stop, as if everyone knows that the unmarked space is where the express bus actually stops. But that is pretty rare.

Overall, I've got to say that the EXP B/O's I deal with from CP, which are 99% of the express buses I take, are courteous and professional and do not play games like VG8 is describing with BxM guys. That said, there are a few guys that are complete jerks. However, there are so many B/O's from CP that it is rare that you catch the rude guys more than once in a while. 

Yeah I have to agree... There are some nice ones... There's a few on I get on the BxM18 that are really nice and there are few others that are great as well.  There's a Puerto Rican guy that does the BxM2 usually late nights and he always gets me home quickly when I'm hammered coming from the bars or whatever.  I pass out soon as I get on and when I wake up my man is in Riverdale.  Friggin' awesome guy.  Always wishes me good night and everything and I do the same.

Back during the PBL days, most dirvers were use to picking up the same people, at the same stop at the same times everyday. So if you were new, and at a stop where the driver during his run mostly never have a passenger waiting, they would zoom by. But these were the same guys the next day who stopped realizing its that bus you wanted, and apologized.

Nowadays, anyone at any stop is a potential rider so theres no excuse for that.

Back during the PBL days, most dirvers were use to picking up the same people, at the same stop at the same times everyday. So if you were new, and at a stop where the driver during his run mostly never have a passenger waiting, they would zoom by. But these were the same guys the next day who stopped realizing its that bus you wanted, and apologized.

Nowadays, anyone at any stop is a potential rider so theres no excuse for that.

There's never an excuse, even back in the old days... That's another reason why folks get deterred from taking the service because they do that oh well I know my regulars BS, so the occasional rider is treated as somehow non-important and overlooked.  I remember one of the first weekends that I got my apt. in Riverdale, I went for brunch at one of my spots in Midtown then walked to Central Park South & 6th to get the BxM2 to head up to my place to check up on things before going back home.  I wait right by the stop so that the B/O can see me, but then I see him slow down over by the old M6 stop so I'm like okay fine but then apparently his vision was blocked by another bus so he proceeds to go on and I put my hands out and step out off of the curb and into the street like WTF dude, I need the friggin' bus!! A passenger on the bus (Asian lady) saw me putting my hand out as if to signal for him to stop and told him to stop and I took my time and walked over to him because I was slightly pissed off seeing that I would've been facing a 30 minute wait and really needed to get up there so I could finish running other errands, but was understanding of why he didn't stop, so when I boarded, he was like "Whoa, whoa!" as if to say easy buddy because he expected me to explode as has happened with the BxM18 with other B/Os when they've almost missed the stop I was waiting at.  I told him I understood what happened so it was no biggie but the problem with that stop is it's in between where X1s lay over and instead of them stopping there at that stop, some of them will stop by the old M6 stop where the M5 and M7 stop at.  Once one B/O kind of chastised this passenger for waiting at the actual BxM2 stop over there telling the lady you have to wait over by that stop hun (old M6 stop) and I'm saying to myself how in the hell are they going to know that?  Then if they start waiting over there and some newbie takes the run that doesn't know the deal they'll go telling them well the BxM2 stop is over there and go pointing to the bus stop, so it's a catch 22.  I don't even use that stop anymore for that reason... That and the incessant horse crap everywhere.  Quite frankly I may just write in and request that they move the stop to where the M6 used to stop because it's impossible to wait there with the 4 to 5 X1s all laid up over there blocking the actual stop and there are times that I would prefer to wait there rather than going to another stop and having to walk further.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it. The operations at Yonkers are bullshit, as it they're to good to operate under the MTA. I truly feel for the passengers that have to put up with their shit.

Not so much that... Just the politics that they have to go through now that the (MTA) took over... 

I sometimes see a couple of MCIs parked directly in front of the bus shelter at 230 and Marble Hill, which is a real pain the ass especially in bad weather when you literally have to wait on the streets to make sure the B/O doesn't just blow by without even attempting to slow down. I'm especially annoyed when the bus drivers take the left lane, making it too dangerous to go out there and they don't even bother looking to their right.

I don't know whether the drivers of the BxM1, BxM2 were briefed on this, but the Manhattan bound (1) which stops near by at 231 and 225 will not be stopping during midday hours for the next few days, and depending on the time some people will definitely opt for the bus instead of the train. They should be expecting some new passengers who are normally train riders and shouldn't be skipping stops without paying attention.

I sometimes see a couple of MCIs parked directly in front of the bus shelter at 230 and Marble Hill, which is a real pain the ass especially in bad weather when you literally have to wait on the streets to make sure the B/O doesn't just blow by without even attempting to slow down. I'm especially annoyed when the bus drivers take the left lane, making it too dangerous to go out there and they don't even bother looking to their right.

I don't know whether the drivers of the BxM1, BxM2 were briefed on this, but the Manhattan bound (1) which stops near by at 231 and 225 will not be stopping during midday hours for the next few days, and depending on the time some people will definitely opt for the bus instead of the train. They should be expecting some new passengers who are normally train riders and shouldn't be skipping stops without paying attention.

That's odd... I've never seen MCIs parked over there like that...  Must be in the afternoon... They must be stopping for something to eat before going to the city, but you should know that the express bus stop is NOT where that shelter is at for that stop.  That's where the local buses stop even though they have the express bus signage there along with the local bus signage. You should stand the second bus stop where the street lamp is that has the express bus timetables because that's where the express buses stop at.

It is actually funny that this thread was recently created. This morning, I was waiting for the QM6 with 3 other passengers, and when it comes by we all flag it down and it zooms right past us. We all get really pissed because we see that there are a lot of open seats, we were in the right spot, and we all flagged down the bus well before he passed us. 

Turns out, as we get down union tpke, the bus is pulled over with an ambulance and dispatcher parked behind it, lights flashing. Most likely, some passenger needed medical assistance and was told to meet the dispatcher and ambulance further down the road. Of course, we would never have known that iff we didn't pass the bus. Still, I think the B/O should have switched his sign to the "emergency" sign or something like that so that we were aware that wew not being ignored. 

It is actually funny that this thread was recently created. This morning, I was waiting for the QM6 with 3 other passengers, and when it comes by we all flag it down and it zooms right past us. We all get really pissed because we see that there are a lot of open seats, we were in the right spot, and we all flagged down the bus well before he passed us. 

Turns out, as we get down union tpke, the bus is pulled over with an ambulance and dispatcher parked behind it, lights flashing. Most likely, some passenger needed medical assistance and was told to meet the dispatcher and ambulance further down the road. Of course, we would never have known that iff we didn't pass the bus. Still, I think the B/O should have switched his sign to the "emergency" sign or something like that so that we were aware that wew not being ignored. 

So what happened with the passengers on that bus? Any idea?? You know what's really funny is if the passengers notice certain types of B/Os, other B/Os are usually aware of these drivers and know just how they are.

The whole flagging thing is interesting too and it seems as if each B/O has their own rules for the express buses. Some will stop if their bus is packed and let passengers know that they don't have any seats left.  Some won't stop because they don't want the headache of something happening with folks standing and some just do their best to pick up as few passengers as possible so it's all subjective. lol

I will say that I've had the most heated arguments with B/Os that try not pick up passengers.  Usually the case with local buses but some express B/Os will pull that too.  Still remember years ago I got this real wise @ss B/O on the BM3. He was the last run to the city (20:20 bus) on a Saturday night and he was a good 30 minutes late.  He finally arrives as I was considering giving up and schlepping to the subway and after waiting so long, I asked him why was he so late seeing that no one was on the bus and he had messed up my whole commute as I needed to transfer to another express bus to get to Staten Island after a stop in the city, so he had the nerve to say "If you would get on the bus we would be moving" or some smart @ss comment.  Before I knew it I completely lost it.  It's like I'm sitting here for half hour and paying for the express bus to get to my destination quickly and I don't have the right ask why you're 30 minutes late? Anyway before it was over me and him were screaming at the top of our lungs at each other calling each other every name under the sun because it was very obvious that he was a wise @ss and I was not letting him get away with his little snide remarks.  Before I knew it I had enough of him and his sneering remarks and I came back with something that really stung and he shut up real fast. I hate being that way but people just think that they're so slick.  I mean really I'm not that dumb.  You can usually sense when there's legitimate traffic and when they're just f*cking around.  

So what happened with the passengers on that bus? Any idea?? You know what's really funny is if the passengers note certain types of the B/Os, other B/Os are usually aware of these drivers and know just how they are.

No idea what happened, our B/O zipped right by without asking what happened and nothing came over the radio. It must have been a bad day for buses, on the LIE another dispatcher was sitting behind a broken down MCi out fof JFK

I will say that I've had the most heated arguments with B/Os that try not pick up passengers.  Usually the case with local buses but some express B/O's will pull that too.  Still remember years ago I got this real wise @ss B/O on the BM3. He was the last run to the city (20:20) bus on a Saturday night and he was a good 30 minutes late.  He finally arrives as I was considering giving up and schlepping to the subway and after waiting so long, I asked him why was he so late seeing that no one was on the bus, so he had the nerve to say "If you would get on the bus we would be moving" or some smart @ss comment.  Before I knew it I completely lost it.  It's like I'm sitting here for half hour and paying for the express bus to get to to my destination quickly and I don't have the right ask why you're 30 minutes late? Anyway before it was over me and him were screaming at the top of our lungs at each other calling each other every name under the sun because it was very obvious that he was a wise @ss and I was not letting him get away with his little snide remark.  Before I knew it I had enough of him and his smary remarks and I came back with something that really stung and he shut real fast. I hate being that way but people just think that they're so slick.  I mean really I'm not that dumb.  You can usually sense when there's legitimate traffic and when they're just f*cking around.  

I've had similar experiences and sadly I honestly just don't care anymore. The last time I got into an altercation with a B/O (fare dispute) the motherf**ker tried to act all bad and then had the nerves to call the police and we were both questioned for not even 10 minutes with them viewing the video/audio tapes on site before they ruled in my favor. He made me late to my connection which in turned delayed my entire day by around an hour. :angry:

Stupid a**hole just gives me a look whenever a board one of his trips. He thinks he's all bad rasing his voice and shit to passengers, annoying douchebag. I have to admit I was ROFL when his huge ass broke the operators seat. :lol:

I've had similar experiences and sadly I honestly just don't care anymore. The last time I got into an altercation with a B/O (fare dispute) the motherf**ker tried to act all bad and then had the nerves to call the police and we were both questioned for not even 10 minutes with them viewing the video/audio tapes on site before they ruled in my favor. He made me late to my connection which in turned delayed my entire day by around an hour. :angry:

Stupid a**hole just gives me a look whenever a board one of his trips. He thinks he's all bad rasing his voice and shit to passengers, annoying douchebag. I have to admit I was ROFL when his huge ass broke the operators seat. :lol:

Well I personally think B/Os can be especially hostile with young male passengers.  It's probably because most of the B/Os are males but some of them think they're slick like I don't know what's going on.  As of late I try not to get into any altercations so long as nothing smart is said or no sort of what are you doing on this bus or where are going looks come my way, but what I will do is note the occasion and if the behavior escalates to more than that I will file a complaint if need be and go further with contacting higher ups, making sure to note the bus number, route and exact time.  I don't even bother with getting the badge number since that isn't really needed for them to figure out who the driver is.

Now we all have bad days and get moody, but I still feel like respect is due. In other words if I get on the bus and don't f*ck with you then don't f*ck with me and we'll be fine.  If they greet me then I'll greet them out of mutual respect, but none of that funny stuff....

I've had a few of these Oh you live here looks from some B/Os esp. with me being a young professional since most of the express bus riders in Riverdale are older or middle aged and female.  Same thing with the males.... Not too many young males my age riding the express buses.  I had that deal with this Latino B/O on a BxM1 Super Express one morning and I just looked like I caught that now f*ck with me.  I spoke when I got off and he spoke but in a smurking kind of way.  I may or may not have had him again but I know I did get into with this Dominican guy that was riding with him that I believe was with the B/O.... Starts laughing every time I get on the express bus like something is funny, so I asked him WTF is so funny and told him if he has something to settle he can step off of the bus.  Suffice it to say he didn't take me up on my request, but for whatever reason he thought I was supposed to be scared because he said "I'm from the streets". I told him I may live in Riverdale, but don't be fooled by that.  I'm from Brooklyn... Hell I'm a New Yorker. I'm not going to be intimidated by anybody.

You never ask a bus driver why they are late.  If they're late they're late.  Being prissy about it is not going to resolve the situation.  They may actually drag the line further.  Just call or write in, EVENTUALLY something will happen.  Drivers RARELY get fired for being late, they may be suspended if there is absolute concrete proof they were late due to their own bad habits.  Your living in Riverdale doesn't hold any weight when it comes to discipline of a bus driver. You remind me of this chick who said when she was pregnant a bus driver pulled off while she was standing and she almost fell.  She said she called it in and when they got downtown a supervisor fired him on the spot and another driver relieved him.   :rolleyes: Do you have the naivety and flawed sense of reality an 18 year old girl has?

And funny YOU of all people mentioned something about race.  I see everyone ignored it though as I'm sure they are used to your shenanigans.  If I dealt with passengers of your caliber I'd not only pass you up but I'd splash you and then give you a face full of diesel.  Stop being so haughty.

You never ask a bus driver why they are late.  If they're late they're late.  Being prissy about it is not going to resolve the situation.  They may actually drag the line further.  Just call or write in, EVENTUALLY something will happen.  Drivers RARELY get fired for being late, they may be suspended if there is absolute concrete proof they were late due to their own bad habits.  Your living in Riverdale doesn't hold any weight when it comes to discipline of a bus driver. You remind me of this chick who said when she was pregnant a bus driver pulled off while she was standing and she almost fell.  She said she called it in and when they got downtown a supervisor fired him on the spot and another driver relieved him.   :rolleyes: Do you have the naivety and flawed sense of reality an 18 year old girl has?

And funny YOU of all people mentioned something about race.  I see everyone ignored it though as I'm sure they are used to your shenanigans.  If I dealt with passengers of your caliber I'd not only pass you up but I'd splash you and then give you a face full of diesel.  Stop being so haughty.

Yeah I know you don't and I didn't phrase my question that way.  Accidents happen and buses break down so it was reasonable to ask esp. because if there was traffic or something ahead I would've gotten off and taken another route to get to my destination so as not to further delay myself, but he was just messing around which is why he got so defensive to begin with. 

And YOU of all people is the typical B/O that I'm talking about... A wise guy....  Thanks for confirming that these types of B/Os exists with the ego trips...

Well I personally think B/Os can be especially hostile with young male passengers.  It's probably because most of the B/Os are males but some of them think they're slick like I don't know what's going on.  As of late I try not to get into any altercations so long as nothing smart is said or no sort of what are you doing on this bus or where are going looks come my way, but what I will do is note the occasion and if the behavior escalates to more than that I will file a complaint if need be and go further with contacting higher ups, making sure to note the bus number, route and exact time.  I don't even bother with getting the badge number since that isn't really needed for them to figure out who the driver is.

Now we all have bad days and get moody, but I still feel like respect is due. In other words if I get on the bus and don't f*ck with you then don't f*ck with me and we'll be fine.  If they greet me then I'll greet them out of mutual respect, but none of that funny stuff....

I've had a few of these Oh you live here looks from some B/Os esp. with me being a young professional since most of the express bus riders in Riverdale are older or middle aged and female.  Same thing with the males.... Not too many young males my age riding the express buses.  I had that deal with this Latino B/O on a BxM1 Super Express one morning and I just looked like I caught that now f*ck with me.  I spoke when I got off and he spoke but in a smurking kind of way.  I may or may not have had him again but I know I did get into with this Dominican guy that was riding with him that I believe was with the B/O.... Starts laughing every time I get on the express bus like something is funny, so I asked him WTF is so funny and told him if he has something to settle he can step off of the bus.  Suffice it to say he didn't take me up on my request, but for whatever reason he thought I was supposed to be scared because he said "I'm from the streets". I told him I may live in Riverdale, but don't be fooled by that.  I'm from Brooklyn... Hell I'm a New Yorker. I'm not going to be intimidated by anybody.

Yes I have to agree. The game out here is just a bit different though. For the most part respect is held.

Agreed. My day may be all f**ked up, but I'll still give a greeting. Respect like you said.

And that's just a mattter of location then. it doesn't make it any better but I honestly would expect it.

In any situation antagonizing gets you nowhere. Remember, life can be a bitch back.

Yeah I know you don't and I didn't phrase my question that way.  Accidents happen and buses break down so it was reasonable to ask esp. because if there was traffic or something ahead I would've gotten off and taken another route to get to my destination so as not to further delay myself, but he was just messing around which is why he got so defensive to begin with. 

And YOU of all people is the typical B/O that I'm talking about... A wise guy....  Thanks for confirming that these types of B/Os exists with the ego trips...

LOL. :lol:  So true.

Archived