Express bus driver ignoring passengers

YankeesPwnMets

I'm not saying I agree, but for the "LIRR to Downtown comment", he's basically saying that transferring to the 2/3 is (basically) equivalent to having LIRR service to Downtown. Instead of talking about how the 2/3 don't serve the East Side, you should've just said that it's not the LIRR to Downtown, because the LIRR itself isn't going to Downtown: You still have to make a transfer, in addition to the extra trouble of having to reach the LIRR in the first place, in Queens.

By talking about how the 2/3 don't serve the East Side, you're giving him an easy out if he wanted to use it. (The 2/3 don't go to the East Side, but the 4/5 go from Atlantic to the East Side).

Then again, if he only mentioned the 2/3, he was probably just talking about service from Penn, not Atlantic, so I guess that part doesn't matter.

ok yes I would have taken LIRR to the (4)(5) but those are crushed the other option is the (D) for 6th ave or my fav (Q) broadway line. MOD merge my posts please.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you think any route that doesn't have booming ridership should be cut so that doesn't say much about your thinking.

Well you see that's the thing... People see an empty bus and they automatically say can it but don't know why it's empty. We had serious reliability issues with the X16... Lots of buses were MIA... Residents in West Brighton especially complained of poor service and said that was the reason ridership declined and that if they provided more reliable service they would use it instead of being forced onto other lines or having to drive to the X12 for Downtown service. The (MTA) kept up with the same practice, then when the line really went south, they extended it basically to nowhere because to extend that bus further down Jewett Av made no sense, as if that was where it had core ridership at before... It was a lame attempt to save face after they had sh*tted all over the route for years... Then they started chopping away at the service to make it even less attractive to the folks that were using it.

I look at the QM18, look at the frequencies and say it's not too shocking that it's losing ridership. If residents want Downtown service then the (MTA) should have held a meeting to see how they can accommodate them and adjust the route. Instead they're adamant about keeping Midtown service as if they know best what the community needs. That's where they really need to improve at and something that frustrated me for years as a Staten Island resident. It took YEARS for Staten Island to finally see the bus improvements that it has desperately needed and a lot of that came from who was in charge at the time with Lhota finally giving Staten Islanders an ear, so South Ozone is going to have to make their voices heard louder if they want something done with the QM18.

You don't get it SI HAS ZERO faster options express buses are the fastest unless your in NE SI. QM18 has no voice as people there don't care they will just use the faster option the (A) and at it's first stop getting a seat is not going to be a problem. Those to midtown will continue to use Q10 LTD to (E)(F). Sorry But the only reason it runs is due to city reimbursement.

You don't get it SI HAS ZERO faster options express buses are the fastest unless your in NE SI. QM18 has no voice as people there don't care they will just use the faster option the (A) and at it's first stop getting a seat is not going to be a problem. Those to midtown will continue to use Q10 LTD to (E)(F). Sorry But the only reason it runs is due to city reimbursement.

Funny how the ridership has started to slide but was doing fine previously on the QM18... As for SI, that's immaterial.  The point is if you either provide crappy service or send a bus to a place that people don't need to go then they won't use it.

Funny how the ridership has started to slide but was doing fine previously on the QM18... As for SI, that's immaterial.  The point is if you either provide crappy service or send a bus to a place that people don't need to go then they won't use it.

You got a point now if only NICE& SCT took your advice ridership would increase among mainstream riders but that for another day. Not just MTA but transit systems in general provide crappy service or send buses to places people don't need and wonder why ridership is low I know I've experienced it first hand in my travels even in MD 14 & philly 92 ect SI in your case x16 went to places ppl weren't going one the philly example provides HORRID service and poor routing to boot. SCT in LI needs advice like that if they did what you suggested more people would use the bus. That concept applies not just to QM18 but to all bbus and rail routes in general. So the route change hurt QM18's ridership? How fast is lefferts blvd vs van wyck?

You got a point now if only NICE& SCT took your advice ridership would increase among mainstream riders but that for another day. Not just MTA but transit systems in general provide crappy service or send buses to places people don't need and wonder why ridership is low I know I've experienced it first hand in my travels even in MD 14 & philly 92 ect SI in your case x16 went to places ppl weren't going one the philly example provides HORRID service and poor routing to boot. SCT in LI needs advice like that if they did what you suggested more people would use the bus. That concept applies not just to QM18 but to all bus and rail routes in general. So the route change hurt QM18's ridership? How fast is lefferts blvd vs van wyck?

If the X16 "went to places ppl weren't going", why did it have a lower cost per passenger than the average express route at the time? (And it was probably even lower before the service became unreliable)

This is going way off topic, but the routing of the X16 itself was fine, and there was no reason for it to have been cut (especially since they merged the X13 & X14. Keeping the X16 around might've allowed a couple of X14 trips to run as super-expresses, since the X16 would cover some of the Downtown riders).

If the X16 "went to places ppl weren't going", why did it have a lower cost per passenger than the average express route at the time? (And it was probably even lower before the service became unreliable)

This is going way off topic, but the routing of the X16 itself was fine, and there was no reason for it to have been cut (especially since they merged the X13 & X14. Keeping the X16 around might've allowed a couple of X14 trips to run as super-expresses, since the X16 would cover some of the Downtown riders).

Your right. You know more than me in regards to SI express lines.

Archived