Turbo's overview of transit service in Jurupa Valley and surrounding

Turbo19

Some members have asked for me to elaborate on transit services in my current city Jurupa Valley so today I'll be giving a brief overview. Eventually I think I'll post this in my blog but whatever.

Synopsis

Jurupa Valley proper is served by RTA (Riverside Transit Agency) with four local routes and one express route as well as Metrolink at the city's sole station, Pedley.

Bus Service

RTA's Route 3 begins in north Eastvale and serves the west side of the city along Pat's Ranch Road and 68th Street near the Eastvale Gateway/Vernola Marketplace retail centers. After Jurupa Valley, the route enters the suburb of Eastvale briefly before serving Norco and Corona down Hamner Avenue. You can find a copy of the route's timetable below.

http://www.riversidetransit.com/home/images/stories/DOWNLOADS/ROUTES/003.pdf

RTA's Route 21 begins the northern most end of the city at the San Bernardino/Riverside County line at Philedelphia Avenue which provides a connection to Omnitrans in south Fontana. Next the route reaches the Glen Avon neighborhood of the city via Mission Boulevard, then continues through the Mira Loma neighborhood via Jurupa Road before traveling through the Pedley area of the city on Limonite Avenue where it eventually terminates at the Galleria at Tyler in Riverside, providing connections to other routes. You can find a copy of the route's timetable below.

http://www.riversidetransit.com/home/images/stories/DOWNLOADS/ROUTES/021.pdf

RTA's Route 29 begins at the western most end of the city at the the Eastvale Gateway/Vernola Marketplace retail centers where it connects to Route 3. Then for a good portion of the route, it continues down Limonite Avenue and serves the areas of southe Mira Loma, Pedley, Indian Hills, Jurupa Hills, and Rubidoux. Then after navigating through 42nd Street and Rubidoux Boulevard, the route serves North Rubidoux and Belltown before continuing to the Riverside Downtown Terminal. You can find a copy of the route's timetable below.

http://www.riversidetransit.com/home/images/stories/DOWNLOADS/ROUTES/029.pdf

RTA's Route 49 similar to Route 21 begins the northern most end of the city at the San Bernardino/Riverside County line at Philedelphia Avenue providing a connection to Omnitrans in south Fontana. The fairly simple route continues down Mission Boulevard serving the communities of Glen Avon, Sunnyslope, and Rubidoux before reaching the Riverside Downtown Terminal. You can find a copy of the route's timetable below.

http://www.riversidetransit.com/home/images/stories/DOWNLOADS/ROUTES/049.pdf

RTA's CommuterLink express Route 204 serves the northern most end of the city near Country Village like Routes 21 & 49. Here passengers can reach the Montclair Transcenter and Ontario Mills by continuing on the route's westbound segment via I-10 or the Riverside Downtown Terminal or the University of California Riverside on the route's eastbound segment via CA Hwy 60. You can find a copy of the route's timetable below.

http://www.riversidetransit.com/home/images/stories/DOWNLOADS/ROUTES/204.pdf

Rail service

Metrolink has a station in the Pedley neighborhood of the city, at Limonite Avenue & Pedley Road. The station is served by Metrolink's Riverside Line, which begins at Riverside Downtown and prceeds to Pedley, East Ontario, Downtown Pomona, Industry, Montebello/Commerce and finally L.A. Union station. The timetable is included below.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/schedules/line/name/Riverside/service_id/1149.html

There's my informative (*cough*boring/longashell*cough*) of the transit in my area. If anyone (QJ?) would like to discuss feel free to do so.

Well basically most were asking specifically for services in my city, so I did just that and gave an overview of the RTA services that actually enter my city. There are at least 40 more routes RTA operates in a large network of services. Though there is some backround behind route 49. It's entire route was once served by an SCRTD/LACMTA inter county route (496) which provided service all the way to San Bernardino after Riverside. When LACMTA dropped the route in 1996, RTA started service on the former route's Mission Boulevard segment and just dropped the "6" naming the route "49".

Well basically most were asking specifically for services in my city, so I did just that and gave an overview of the RTA services that actually enter my city. There are at least 40 more routes RTA operates. Though there is some backround behind route 49. It's entire route was once served by an SCRTD/LACMTA inter county route (496) which provided service all the way to San Bernardino after Riverside. When LACMTA dropped the route in 1996, RTA picked it up and just dropped the "6" naming the route "49".

I see. Interesting bit of history.

Damn your fast! I did a slight clarification on my post but you have the general idea. The route even has remenants of being operated by the SCRTD like nearside stops (stops before clearing an intersection which were/are common in L.A.), some old shelters along the route, and the L.A favorite stops at EVERY single intersection for the entire route east of Jurupa Road.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting Turbo19. Thanks for posting & sharing this info. You ever rode &/or used Long Beach Transit? I found the Transit Mall in Long Beach to be very cool & interesting.

Yes, numerous times. I would go as far to say I have extensive knowledge of not only LBT, but the majority of transit systems in the L.A. Area.

By chance are you a former or current resident of Long Beach? I know the Spires at the intersection in your location. Just down from the Long Beach Airport on Lakewood. In fact my mother was born and raised in Long Beach. She was a long time resident (1980-1989) at E. La Cara Street, near Los Coyotes. She frequented local businesses within walking distance of her house but also visited that Spires from time to time. So yeah, I'm well accquainted.

Will appericiate your reply.

Yes, numerous times. I would go as far to say I have extensive knowledge of not only LBT, but the majority of transit systems in the L.A. Area.

By chance are you a former or current resident of Long Beach? I know the Spires at the intersection in your location. Just down from the Long Beach Airport on Lakewood. In fact my mother was born and raised in Long Beach. She was a long time resident (1980-1989) at E. La Cara Street, near Los Coyotes. She frequented local businesses within walking distance of her house but also visited that Spires from time to time. So yeah, I'm well accquainted.

Will appericiate your reply.

I'm not from Long Beach or LA County or CA at all. I was in LA County & SoCal on a vacation a few years ago & visiting relatives there, & spent a few weeks in Long Beach. I got to know the town/area a little. Very interesting & cool place, including the nice separate "island" city of Signal Hill nestled within LB.

I found LBT very interesting, including the transit cards and HOW they work. I rode the 61, 91, 92, 101, 102 (inspired my username), 103, 111, 112 (never through the airport unfortunately:( ), 131 to Seal Beach & back, plus other routes not coming to mind. I regret not having rode the lightrails:( I liked how the tracks were built INTO the street with the rail station in the middle of the street at the Transit Mall.

Spires is a great restaurant/diner. I loved their Tuesday chicken fried chicken & chicken fried steak specials. I liked the fast food selection out there too. There are NO In'n'Outs, Jack in the Boxes, Carl's Jrs, Green Burritos, Del Tacos, or Marie Callender restaurants out here ANYWHERE:(

Not to mention beautiful Catalina.

I'm not from Long Beach or LA County or CA at all. I was in LA County & SoCal on a vacation a few years ago & visiting relatives there, & spent a few weeks in Long Beach. I got to know the town/area a little. Very interesting & cool place, including the nice separate "island" city of Signal Hill nestled within LB.

I found LBT very interesting, including the transit cards and HOW they work. I rode the 61, 91, 92, 101, 102 (inspired my username), 103, 111, 112 (never through the airport unfortunately:( ), 131 to Seal Beach & back, plus other routes not coming to mind. I regret not having rode the lightrails:( I liked how the tracks were built INTO the street with the rail station in the middle of the street at the Transit Mall.

Spires is a great restaurant/diner. I loved their Tuesday chicken fried chicken & chicken fried steak specials. I liked the fast food selection out there too. There are NO In'n'Outs, Jack in the Boxes, Carl's Jrs, Green Burritos, Del Tacos, or Marie Callender restaurants out here ANYWHERE:(

Not to mention beautiful Catalina.

No that's fine then. I just assumed you were since you have good knowledge of the area.

Yeah, the Blue Line is something. They've improved the Transit Mall recently and it's beautiful.

And yeah, the lack of variety of fast food chains back east leaves much to be desired.

No that's fine then. I just assumed you were since you have good knowledge of the area.

Yeah, the Blue Line is something. They've improved the Transit Mall recently and it's beautiful.

And yeah, the lack of variety of fast food chains back east leaves much to be desired.

I remember reading & seeing online a little while back about the Transit Mall being improved upon. I was very impressed by & with the Transit Mall (pre-refit).

Alot of the other transit fans on this board would love LBT and the Transit Mall. The Transit Mall is what the St. George Ferry Terminal WISHES it was.

The best fast food places in/on Staten Island are Five Guys & Fries (a bit pricey:( ), Checkers, Taco Bell in the Mall, and White Castle. Wendy's, McDonald's, and BK preDOMINATE SI's fast food market. Plus the countless Dunkin Donuts everywhere. Plenty of good pizzerias though.

Archived