Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
DJ MC

DART's NABIs To Hit The Streets

Damn, I actually liked their RTSs.

I see they also went with the 31LFW with no rear door like NJT. Another stupid move, but it makes me wonder if NABI even offers that on the 31LFW.

Some of the units have already hit the streets on Monday. My friend from Dallas gave me the heads up about them.

• Upvote 1

Some of the units have already hit the streets on Monday. My friend from Dallas gave me the heads up about them.

Good to hear. 

I see they also went with the 31LFW with no rear door like NJT. Another stupid move, but it makes me wonder if NABI even offers that on the 31LFW.

To be fair the bus is only 31 feet long. It's not like you have to walk 40 or 60 feet to front door of the bus to exit.

• Upvote 1

The technology seems nice... hope these don't break down like CTA's 60LFWs lol.

Edited by mtattrain

The technology seems nice... hope these don't break down like CTA's 60LFWs lol.

A lot of things wrong with this post already. CTA's models were the only ones built. No one bought these as they were the first attempt by NABI to built a low floor articulated bus. Also these are not articulated bus. NABI has since come a long way from that mess.

Edited by DJ MC
  • Upvote 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="DJ MC" data-cid="638856" data-time="1359531756"><p>

A lot of things wrong with this post already. <span style='font-size: 14px;'>CTA's models were the only ones built. No one bought these as they were the first attempt by NABI to built a low floor articulated bus. Also these are not articulated bus. NABI has since come a long way from that mess.</span></p></blockquote>

Quite true; they'll probably do great like NABI's other new models in other agencies.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="DJ MC" data-cid="638856" data-time="1359531756"><p>

A lot of things wrong with this post already. <span style='font-size: 14px;'>CTA's models were the only ones built. No one bought these as they were the first attempt by NABI to built a low floor articulated bus. Also these are not articulated bus. NABI has since come a long way from that mess.</span></p></blockquote>

Quite true; they'll probably do great like NABI's other new models in other agencies.

This is also a pretty big order for NABI, so a possible customer for them in this case.

Edited by DJ MC
  • Upvote 1

This is also a pretty big order for NABI, so a possible customer for them in this case.

Big not only in bus numbers, but first delivery of the GEN III product !  I will be there to meet with DART in three weeks (unrelated subject matter), I will make sure I get a ride, interested to feel how the new semi composite structure rides.

Big not only in bus numbers, but first delivery of the GEN III product !  I will be there to meet with DART in three weeks (unrelated subject matter), I will make sure I get a ride, interested to feel how the new semi composite structure rides.

I forgot to mention that too. I hope you enjoy riding them. When you do give us some feedback on them.

DART will be putting approximately five NABI's in service per week, so you'll still be able to ride and photograph their RTS's until well into 2015.

I forgot to mention that too. I hope you enjoy riding them. When you do give us some feedback on them.

I hope NICE gets these or the C40LFs/LFRs.

I hope NICE gets these or the C40LFs/LFRs.

NICE will get whoever gives them the best price. 

NICE will get whoever gives them the best price. 

Yeah, you're probably right. BTW, do you know who will these buses replace? Are they retiring their RTS's?

Yeah, you're probably right. BTW, do you know who will these buses replace? Are they retiring their RTS's?

Yep all the RTS buses will be replaced with this order including the CNG versions. The RTS buses should be completely retired though by 2015.

Yep all the RTS buses will be replaced with this order including the CNG versions. The RTS buses should be completely retired though by 2015.

If I recall correctly, all of their Nova's and NABI's are fueled with LNG.

I saw #39014 the other day during my visit to Dallas. It was signed as "987 RAPID RIDE" even though it was on Northwest Highway at Garland Road, which is nowhere near where Line 987 operates.

Is there a reason for the 5-digit numbers?

If I recall correctly, all of their Nova's and NABI's are fueled with LNG.

No - only 185 of the RTS's are LNG powered.  The remaining RTS's and all of the NABI suburbans are diesels.

No - only 185 of the RTS's are LNG powered.  The remaining RTS's and all of the NABI suburbans are diesels.

Interesting. Al I remember was that DART had some issues in the preliminary stages of LNG fueling roughly 13-14 years ago.

I rode 39024 on the #11 route downtown. I would say it has the quietness of the LFS, with the roominess of the XD40's, all in all, in my opinion a really smooth quiet ride.

• Upvote 1

I rode 39024 on the #11 route downtown. I would say it has the quietness of the LFS, with the roominess of the XD40's, all in all, in my opinion a really smooth quiet ride.

Glad to hear that. ;)

Edited by DJ MC

Yeah I can see these going to the dover routes or should I say the SPEED routes LOL. and maybe 303 intercounty and sussex lines.

Wrong DART.  The post mentions Dallas DART.