96xx's Coming On Over Today to Grand Avenue This August Depot!!

Micstromme

Today on the B60 (8556) I spotted the darndest thing. I stumbled upon 9611 on the B24 with the Grand Avenue decals along with 9613 on the Delancey Street bus (with Grand Avenue Decals). I do not know what is going on with Maspeth and its resident depots (i.e: East New York, Fresh Pond, Ulmer Park, Castleton, etc) but one can start to like it alot. Please continue to comment on what you find about the bus swaps in Brooklyn and possibly even Staten Island.

As of right now, it looks as if only 9611 and 9613 has joined 9575 at the Grand Avenue Depot. Stay Tuned!!!

Today on the B60 (8556) I spotted the darndest thing. I stumbled upon 9611 on the B24 with the Grand Avenue decals along with 9613 on the Delancey Street bus (with Grand Avenue Decals). I do not know what is going on with Maspeth and its resident depots (i.e: East New York, Fresh Pond, Ulmer Park, Castleton, etc) but one can start to like it alot. Please continue to comment on what you find about the bus swaps in Brooklyn and possibly even Staten Island.

As of right now, it looks as if only 9611 and 9613 has joined 9575 at the Grand Avenue Depot. Stay Tuned!!!

9611 & 9613 well, WERE flatbush residents now to GA...... Lets stay tuned if more buses from flatbush head up to grand avenue.

All these bus swaps are annoying as hell!

Can't the MTA just keep the damn buses in one place!!!!

exactly. at least UP is not giving buses anymore. Grand Ave. got alot 'cause they gave alotta crap to UP and the crap they gave was what grand avenue depended on.

I do believe that I saw 9614/15 on the B60 this afternoon. This is really great. I thought once Ulmer Park stopped swapping busses that it was over but now that Flatbush is giving more up, I think that it is a good idea.

I do believe that I saw 9614 on the B60 this afternoon. This is really great. I thought once Ulmer Park stopped swapping busses that it was over but now that Flatbush is giving more up, I think that it is a good idea.

well UP gave up 2 suburbs to (MTA) bus. so that;s not good. yay post 600th.

Question: What are the odds of such catches as when you go to the Woodhull Hospital terminal in Williamsburg? This morning I met my girlfriend and I got off of B15 (9575-rare find and even rarer catch) and I saw 8479 on the B47. Ironically, there was a layover out of 9559, assuming that it was for either the B15 or B47.

Also, 8340 is with the depot. This is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! Let the switches continue. Grand Avenue stands supreme at this moment.

Question: What are the odds of such catches as when you go to the Woodhull Hospital terminal in Williamsburg? This morning I met my girlfriend and I got off of B15 (9575-rare find and even rarer catch) and I saw 8479 on the B47. Ironically, there was a layover out of 9559, assuming that it was for either the B15 or B47.

Also, 8340 is with the depot. This is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! Let the switches continue. Grand Avenue stands supreme at this moment.

East New York, Flatbush, Quill, Manhattanville, and Jamaica have the best RTS fleets. The buses Grand gets are usually good buses on their way to being better under their watch.

East New York, Flatbush, Quill, Manhattanville, and Jamaica have the best RTS fleets. The buses Grand gets are usually good buses on their way to being better under their watch.

yeah that's true. hey has anybody been noticing why the buses have gotten so hot inside? i mean it seems like they don't have A/C. heard of talks that they are talking A/Cs out of buses. but i know that all the former-suburbs at UP don't have A/C.

Sorry 2 break your hype but 9611 & 9613 are back in Flatbush..

Spotted both buses on the B49 on Flatbush & Foster Avenues & have CORRESPONDING FLATBUSH DECALS, while driving into the city this morning on Flatbush Ave..

Two weeks ago, Ulmer Park got bus 9659 from Flatbush depot. I know because I drove it last week on 2 round trips on the B36. It is like driving a Cadillac!! Great on acceleration, all of the controls are on the LEFT side. Everything works.... The only downside that I noticed was that the right side mirror was replaced by a manual mirror. Someone must have knocked off the original remote mirror. It has the new style Wheelchair lift also.(MTA)

Two weeks ago, Ulmer Park got bus 9659 from Flatbush depot. I know because I drove it last week on 2 round trips on the B36. It is like driving a Cadillac!! Great on acceleration, all of the controls are on the LEFT side. Everything works.... The only downside that I noticed was that the right side mirror was replaced by a manual mirror. Someone must have knocked off the original remote mirror. It has the new style Wheelchair lift also.(MTA)

Does 9659 have an black overhead panel? Because i never seen an UP bus with an black panel. Im not sure because i never rode that bus before.

Also does it have carpet seats?

Does 9659 have an black overhead panel? Because i never seen an UP bus with an black panel. Im not sure because i never rode that bus before.

Also does it have carpet seats?

we had 1999 RTS #5075-5099 for a few months Before they went to FLA they had the black overhead panel.

u must be lucky. 9659 is not gonna stay there for a while.

My favorite RTS' are 4900, 4902, 5075-5249, 8600-8703, 9140, 9142-9149, 9525-9699!

I adore the 9600s. The 9600s are great. I was really happy when the Flatbush Depot received them a year ago. Now that they are arriving by the dozens (wishful thinking) at Maspeth Depot I am happy because I know that it will only be a matter of time before I catch one on either the B15, B51 or B60 since those are the buses that I take all the time.

I adore the 9600s. The 9600s are great. I was really happy when the Flatbush Depot received them a year ago. Now that they are arriving by the dozens (wishful thinking) at Maspeth Depot I am happy because I know that it will only be a matter of time before I catch one on either the B15, B51 or B60 since those are the buses that I take all the time.

You actully use the B51? How crowded does that route get?

I just read on subchat that UP just got 8979-8992 from MJQ. Is there any truth to this? Whats this about 9659 at UP as well?

I'll believe all of that when I see it..... Same thing with the Grand Ave/Flatbush Ave swaps also. Havent seen any of the mentioned buses being swaped, maybe b/c my timing is totally wrong, or its just so on true. Someone mentioned 9611 & 9613 @ GA, but I saw these 2 buses working Flatbush routes this week (WED), and Last night I spotted 9615 on Nostrand Avenue B44 to Sheepshead and has FLATBUSH DECALS, tells me that It was never at GRAND AVE.

8985,8991,8992 are @ MJQ, there was a mention of 8989 @ UP, spotted on the B1, I dont know how much truth that holds.

You actully use the B51? How crowded does that route get?

That route only gets crowded on the way back into Brooklyn during the evening rush hours. Thats when the service on that route increases from two or three to four buses that run with passengers, with just fifteen minutes between boarding times. Nice that Grand Avenue can use more than just the 8500s on that route.

I'll believe all of that when I see it..... Same thing with the Grand Ave/Flatbush Ave swaps also. Havent seen any of the mentioned buses being swaped, maybe b/c my timing is totally wrong, or its just so on true. Someone mentioned 9611 & 9613 @ GA, but I saw these 2 buses working Flatbush routes this week (WED), and Last night I spotted 9615 on Nostrand Avenue B44 to Sheepshead and has FLATBUSH DECALS, tells me that It was never at GRAND AVE.

8985,8991,8992 are @ MJQ, there was a mention of 8989 @ UP, spotted on the B1, I dont know how much truth that holds.

That is not necessarily true, bus movements happen on a spur. Sometimes buses are lent out and brung back. I've seen buses get moved between three depots and end up back at its original depot in a week period. So nothing is impossible with the MTA.

Archived