Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
jgood6195

MTA bus fire on Junction Blvd & 35 St.

Funny, an op once told me "Bus fires? Yeah they happen once every few months. They're not that rare."

Am I the only one who was expecting it to be an OG?

Btw thats Junction & 35 Avenue, I live not too far from there so I should know. That propose used to be a video store :P .

I wonder what the # was, could have ridden it that day for all I know.

• Upvote 1

Funny, an op once told me "Bus fires? Yeah they happen once every few months. They're not that rare."

Usually they aren't as severe as this though.

Am I the only one who was expecting it to be an OG?

Btw thats Junction & 35 Avenue, I live not too far from there so I should know. That propose used to be a video store :P .

I wonder what the # was, could have ridden it that day for all I know.

Yes, you were. That's not funny. So far, no word on the bus #.

Edited by jgood6195

So, assuming this bus is retired, that takes us to about 245 1996 RTS's left in service/ on property.

Edited by jgood6195

So, assuming this bus is retired, that takes us to about 245 1996 RTS's left in service.

Isn't it more around the line of 200 system wide? Yor are referring specifically to the 96's, right?

Isn't it more around the line of 200 system wide? Yor are referring specifically to the 96's, right?

Yes to the first and second questions. However, I was also counting the buses in Eastchester storage, which has another 30 or so usable 1996's up there.

• Upvote 1

RTS #9317 was the bus that burned down..

Good to know. Sad to see that one go though. That fire it had reminds me of when #9099 caught fire two years ago. Oh and BTW, this fire happened yesterday, my mistake.

Edited by jgood6195

How did 9317 catch one fire? Is it because of LGA's bad care for buses? I believe that is a 1997 unit from the 1996 batch. 9290-9349 I believe are the 1997 units from that batch.

How did 9317 catch one fire? Is it because of LGA's bad care for buses? I believe that is a 1997 unit from the 1996 batch. 9290-9349 I believe are the 1997 units from that batch.

No, those are/were 1996s. #9350 and up are 1997s.

Holy shit i had that bus on monday, that was a good RTS.

Driving it or riding it?

No 9290-9349 were delivered in 1997 they were the unit with the soft express bus seating.

Probably arrived in 1997 but the rosters all say that #9349 is the last model year 1996 RTS.

Idiot.... <_<

Let's try to avoid name-calling, but even from a practical standpoint and not just the fact that many of us love the RTSes, if an LGA hybrid had burned it would likely have been covered by warranty. This is just a bus completely lost.