M42 Artics Question

Guest MTA Bus

Artics would have difficulty getting around @ Circle Line and maybe @ the UN as well.

An artic can make the turn at Circle Line; the UN turn may be a bit hard, but I believe it can make that turn as well, except so many buses park there and make the turn harder.

I think the b/o's here have said the artics can make the same turns as the regular buses just fine, so that's not an issue. Now as for accounting for the extra length, that's another issue. Basically you don't want to have too many artics blocking the intersections. So unless you make a dedicated bus lane like with 34th, I don't think you can have an all artic M42 line with the traffic 42nd st has.

I think the b/o's here have said the artics can make the same turns as the regular buses just fine, so that's not an issue. Now as for accounting for the extra length, that's another issue. Basically you don't want to have too many artics blocking the intersections. So unless you make a dedicated bus lane like with 34th, I don't think you can have an all artic M42 line with the traffic 42nd st has.

I think I agree.

Just take look at Bee-Line's Artic on W40/W41 when arriving at Westchester Medical Center's entrance stop, street is narrow, even with bus hitting curb, bus operators still make it to bus stop.

Archived