Eurostar Italia

Aussieinuk

I miss EuroStar and Italy so much!! Such a nice ride!!!  :(  Most of all I miss the awesome tuna paninos, pastries and other goodies on the go that I just to get before boarding and traveling about.  I remember an awesome trip I took to Genoa... Left my flat in Florence in the morning and walked over to the station (Stazione Centrale), had a macchiato and picked up a sfoglia alla marmellata at one of my local spots and then got on the train to Genoa. The light breakfast was great and the scenery along the water as we reached La Spezia there in Liguria was just amazing...

The Florence to Bologna trip via EuroStar I've taken many times... Very classy ride.

I am very confused with all the names of the italian high speed trains.  :D

lol... Well don't worry... I believe they're still working on another high speed rail line from Southern France to Northern Italy (Lyon to Turin) or was that scrapped due to protest??

This is the last article that I could find on it though I have not checked for ones in Italian or French.

Source: http://www.euractiv.com/transport/france-italy-vow-press-high-spee-news-516422

The one great thing about living in Europe is travelling by train on the different systems  and trains.There is nowhere in the world that can offer such variety. From an Intercity 125 in the UK to a TGV in France, an ICE in Germany or a rack railway in Switzerland we are spoiled for choice.

The one great thing about living in Europe is travelling by train on the different systems  and trains.There is nowhere in the world that can offer such variety. From an Intercity 125 in the UK to a TGV in France, an ICE in Germany or a rack railway in Switzerland we are spoiled for choice.

That and the amazing scenery... You can make a vacation out of that alone.

What is the horsepower on these trains and the top speed? Just from its looks alone from the media posted it looks like a beast.

Let's just say that even the older trains were fast... I don't know how fast they were but the Eurostar Italia trains, I used to hate it when passing other trains because of my ears getting clogged up... The trains I would ride on could reach speeds over 200 mph.  Was a great ride though.

Archived