New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

@B35 via Church Pretty much only the ones that stay within one city/town are the one-zone routes (some go slightly over the border to a neighboring area). You can add the 96 (Newark), 452/453 (Camden), 504/505 (Atlantic City), and 601/605/607/608/610/611 (Trenton), 612 (Princeton Junction) to that list.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

@B35 via Church Pretty much only the ones that stay within one city/town are the one-zone routes (some go slightly over the border to a neighboring area). You can add the 96 (Newark), 452/453 (Camden), 504/505 (Atlantic City), and 601/605/607/608/610/611 (Trenton), 612 (Princeton Junction) to that list.

That much I've figured out; just didn't know how many of them there were...

Thanks for listing the rest of them though.

On 4/25/2020 at 5:41 PM, Q101 E Midtown said:

Some of them, as travel path goes, I intended to be renumbered as branches or variants of existing NJT bus services (eg, Line 400 ---> 138; Sayreville to PABT ---> 131; MW IBOA Society Hill ---> 80S)

the 80S already exist 80 via sip avenue

11 hours ago, nightmare402 said:

dont forget the 6

He listed the 6 already

On 5/5/2020 at 8:55 PM, Q101 E Midtown said:

The 87 is another one, IINM.

The PDF schedule shows 2 zones but I don't see a fare zone boundary (presumably the Hoboken/JC city line)

The 82 is also one zone.

10 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

The PDF schedule shows 2 zones but I don't see a fare zone boundary (presumably the Hoboken/JC city line)

He's right with the #87.... I'm not sure why it shows 2 zones for.

=========================

While looking at the Doug & Adrienne maps (I wish I could take this project over & update this thing), I found a 6 zone local route btw - The #455 Paulsboro....

4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

He's right with the #87.... I'm not sure why it shows 2 zones for.

=========================

While looking at the Doug & Adrienne maps (I wish I could take this project over & update this thing), I found a 6 zone local route btw - The #455 Paulsboro....

200.gif

My Bus now showing a few oddities in South Jersey at the moment:

408-5330 ( Can understand this with the back door boarding) the 406 and the 412 also had an NABI today. 

315-5573 ( Strange for a Camden NABI to be doing a Shore points route instead of a Washington Twp NABI)

400-18019 ( If the 408 and 315 are using NABIs this bus shouldn't be used on the 400 if other MCI routes have been using  NABIs due to the rear door boarding)

I think if it has become that desperate to put MCIs on the 400 ( especially with the pandemic) than NJT should be eliminating trips.  There's still plenty of 400s on the road at this hour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

21 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

you can (or maybe it's *could* now) find  printed copies at newark penn alongside the njt ones

On 6/17/2020 at 11:28 PM, Lex said:

Odd backtrack...

I'll play along.....

On 6/17/2020 at 10:47 PM, Lawrence St said:

Well are we talking about contracted private operators, or just regular private operators? Honest question.

Lol.... What difference would it make? A contracted private operator is a private operator..... Whether said private operator is operating service for some other entity, or whether said private operator is operating service for themselves. would change absolutely nothing (with respect to what you were asked)......

Regardless of the nature of this question you're asking me here, the only person who can even answer it, is you..... That's what's kinda funny here.... I mean, you vaguely inquire about GWB having private carriers, but expect someone else to answer a follow-up question, consisting of if "we" meant [private operators under contract] or [private operators that aren't (if that's what you mean by "regular private operators")]....

Even if I didn't believe you were trolling with your original question, what transit provider{s} did you believe operated out of GWB Bus Terminal?