New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hell.......what is a Meadowlands unit doing down there? Shortage? Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

Came down via the 319 and was quickly sent out on 21 run when it got back to the garage.

And now 6228 is on 21 and 7185 is on 32.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

They called you in? Wow. What did they say?

Twice this week I've had pictures snapped of me by B/Os, and other times I've seen them pick up the radio or do something on the Clever Device that looked like a suspicious activity reporting feature of some sort, and one time a while back the B/O actually got out of his seat because I sat at the stop recording after I got off, he thought I might've needed help or something.

Anyway today I stood past the light at Craig Road, not usual for me not to be next to the stop but I didn't get bothered thank goodness. Used my iPhone too since I wasn't planning on being there too long.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Clever Devices at Academy Perth Amboy aren't programmed yet, at least not on the 810. Took 6150 from Menlo to the Metuchen train station earlier, still just the door announcements only. 

Got to ride a nice Arrow III in though, and there were a bunch of railfans (the railroad/"trainspotter" type) at Metuchen when I got there, brought their whole tripod setups and everything. Looked to be some older and younger guys in one group. They looked at me like I was nuts lol, they set up shop on the southbound platform and wanted me to come over because I had my DSLR on my neck, I told them I was going to NY on the next train (also was talking to someone on the phone about the D/F/Q train reroutes earlier) and a little after that I went down to get some bus pics/vids on Main Street after getting some footage up there. Goes to show how different the railroad "trainspotter" type and us who are more into the buses and subways are, not saying I'm not into the railroads too but I guess I'm not that kinda railfan lol.

Anyway still haven't heard much about Six Flags service and it's open as of today. The 308 schedule is up at http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0308.pdf and the 318 at http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0318.pdf (why the hell is it not running for spring break?), but I heard NOTHING about the 307 and that's how a lot of the employees get there. NJT hasn't publicized anything on their Facebook/website yet either, that's a bad idea if they want business this week, and they have a ton of potential business...

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Well, managed to find something...

http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=PressReleaseTo&PRESS_RELEASE_ID=2856

http://njtransit.com/sixflags

The 318 is NOT running until April 6th (WTF???) and they don't mention much about the 307... just a link to the outdated timetable.

Narrowly avoided a confrontation with a Veolia B/O on the 836 earlier at Freehold Center. He stopped the bus and opened the window then I just shook my head and walked away, think I heard him say "come here" or something but I just ignored it. IDK what the problem is with the B/Os out here, photography is not a crime. I should also mention that I was right next to the Freehold Boro police precinct and they didn't care about me taking pics over there.

I also caught a CSX freight train for the first time over there. Was damn sunny so a lot of my vids turned out like shit though, dust in lens that was a pita to clean out and not being able to tell what the hell I'm doing with the sun in my face. But it was nice to get out in some nice sunny weather for once and catch CSX too.

Some of these b/os are just angry at life.

Me and one b/o was chillin on pur layover and some kid came and asked if he could see some signs from the 160 routes. And the other b/o looked at that kid as if he was from mars and said "are you crazy kid". I said sure kid which ones would you wana see, so i put up the 161,166,166T,167T. And the other b/o said im crazy, im like dude hes just a kid for crying out loud, hes not aloud to have a hobby?

CSX is very common down here in SJ.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

Me and one b/o was chillin on pur layover and some kid came and asked if he could see some signs from the 160 routes. And the other b/o looked at that kid as if he was from mars and said "are you crazy kid". I said sure kid which ones would you wana see, so i put up the 161,166,166T,167T. And the other b/o said im crazy, im like dude hes just a kid for crying out loud, hes not aloud to have a hobby?

CSX is very common down here in SJ.

Well I'm sure everyone has their days and what not so I really can't say anything there. He could have conducted himself better though.

With that said major props to you. You probably made someones days at the expense of nothing. I would have done the same.

Today's a little rough, first of all, NJT reported 126 bus is not servicing Willow Ave from PABT due to water main break

And an overturn tractor trailer accident on I-295 in Bellmawr affected bus service in South Jersey, and bad traffic on Clements Bridge Rd at Black Horse Pike (because of it), caused the 455 bus I was waiting for, over 50 minutes late today

I had to rant it out today

Narrowly avoided a confrontation with a Veolia B/O on the 836 earlier at Freehold Center. He stopped the bus and opened the window then I just shook my head and walked away, think I heard him say "come here" or something but I just ignored it. IDK what the problem is with the B/Os out here, photography is not a crime. I should also mention that I was right next to the Freehold Boro police precinct and they didn't care about me taking pics over there.

I also caught a CSX freight train for the first time over there. Was damn sunny so a lot of my vids turned out like shit though, dust in lens that was a pita to clean out and not being able to tell what the hell I'm doing with the sun in my face. But it was nice to get out in some nice sunny weather for once and catch CSX too.

be discreet use a smartphone. Or a friend to pose in front of the bus.

Today's a little rough, first of all, NJT reported 126 bus is not servicing Willow Ave from PABT due to water main break

And an overturn tractor trailer accident on I-295 in Bellmawr affected bus service in South Jersey, and bad traffic on Clements Bridge Rd at Black Horse Pike (because of it), caused the 455 bus I was waiting for, over 50 minutes late today

I had to rant it out today

That's why I'd rather live in NYC or the outer boroughs,, because if something like that happens, buses would be more frequent and I have a faster chance of a bus getting to my stop.

To be honest, I would've denied such a request also (although I wouldn't have resorted to calling anyone crazy)....

I'm not the one to f*** around when it comes to anything work related....

Narrowly avoided a confrontation with a Veolia B/O on the 836 earlier at Freehold Center. He stopped the bus and opened the window then I just shook my head and walked away, think I heard him say "come here" or something but I just ignored it. IDK what the problem is with the B/Os out here, photography is not a crime. I should also mention that I was right next to the Freehold Boro police precinct and they didn't care about me taking pics over there......

For reasons like this is why I never bothered delving into the photography part of being a transit enthusiast......

Anyway, I don't blame you for ignoring the b/o.... I have had a b/o chase me down (he didn't touch me though) because he thought I left my burger king bag on the bus (the coincidence was I did have BK & I did eat on the bus, but my bag was in my bookbag)... I'm not the type to leave my garbage on a bus/train....

(after showing him my BK bag inside my bookbag), I told him flat out - "I'm not picking up someone else's f**kin garbage, I'm not catchin someone else's disease"..... I then proceeded onto the S79 & he stormed back to his bus saying something I didn't hear (or care to hear)....

* this was on an AE bus (the x24 to be exact, at hylan/tysens; which is the last stop)

I be puttin up 190s when im deadheadin. My personal fav is the 190X Paterson

Can you do that with the Clever Device? Wouldn't your bus actually show up on that route on GPS?

IIRC if you log out of it you can put up signs by hitting "DEST" and it won't show on GPS since you're not logged in.

I be puttin up 190s when im deadheadin. My personal fav is the 190X Paterson

while I was riding the 505 one time last summer, I saw a Baby NOVA signed 409 Trenton as it was deadheading to Franklin Ave in Margate Edited by mfs NJT459

Can you do that with the Clever Device? Wouldn't your bus actually show up on that route on GPS?

IIRC if you log out of it you can put up signs by hitting "DEST" and it won't show on GPS since you're not logged in.

The first Clever Devices that came out on the NABI's, dudes were not even logging IN the system, just punching in their destination. If that has changed since, I dunno. I'm hoping that there's a way to punch in the old destination sign codes instead of picking the route and then picking where you're going since some people got it wrong. There's too many legs on some routes as well as different starting/ending points. For example, the 84 in the early am used to have trips start on 32nd and Bergenline to JSQ or Nunguessers, and there was a DEST setting where the bus started from 32nd and Bergenline. Some chose the wrong setting and now wonder why the system was calling the wrong stops. LOL

The first Clever Devices that came out on the NABI's, dudes were not even logging IN the system, just punching in their destination. If that has changed since, I dunno. I'm hoping that there's a way to punch in the old destination sign codes instead of picking the route and then picking where you're going since some people got it wrong. There's too many legs on some routes as well as different starting/ending points. For example, the 84 in the early am used to have trips start on 32nd and Bergenline to JSQ or Nunguessers, and there was a DEST setting where the bus started from 32nd and Bergenline. Some chose the wrong setting and now wonder why the system was calling the wrong stops. LOL

Announcements still go off when you don't log in? Every bus I've been on has been logged in, even if the announcements aren't programmed, only Academy will hit DEST without logging in when not running the 139.

And I thought hitting "DEST" without logging in basically acts like an old Luminator controller where you put the actual code in.

Announcements still go off when you don't log in? Every bus I've been on has been logged in, even if the announcements aren't programmed, only Academy will hit DEST without logging in when not running the 139.

I think only Perth Amboy does that. When I'm watching videos of the Academy Hoboken NABIs, I hear the clever devices announcing stops. I always wonder why Hoboken programs theirs and Perth Amboy doesn't.

I think only Perth Amboy does that. When I'm watching videos of the Academy Hoboken NABIs, I hear the clever devices announcing stops. I always wonder why Hoboken programs theirs and Perth Amboy doesn't.

I'm talking about Route 9 and stuff like that. IDK if Perth Amboy ops log in or not, the door announcement still goes off, I don't think they've gotten to programming their routes (or Veolia's) just yet. It's weird, the 139 got programmed just weeks after Howell got them but those contract routes still aren't programmed and the NABIs have been there for a while now.