New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

my home route when i lived in NJ was the 114 i noticed that the route changed cause the bus used to take a straight shot on rt 22 when did they change it  to where goes right on hillside left onto bloy and then back onto rt 22 when going to bridgewater, and when coming back right on bloy street, left on long ave left on liberty ave right on hillside onto rt 22 to nyc?  

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any reason for the  78 and 79 routes outta newark have 2-4 hour headways after the corresponding rush hour when they operate,  because it looks like NJT is giving out this service just to do it, without taking account the UPS worker shifts. If anyone has taken the 1:45, and 9:24 PM 79 trips from Newark to Parsippany-Troy Hills, the 4:02 79 trip from East Orange to Parsippany-Troy Hills, the 12:15 PM 79 trip from Parsippany-Troy Hills to Newark, the 9:54 and 11:33 78 buses from Seacacus to Newark, and the 11:00, 1:00, and 3:00 trips to Seacacus on the 78, how do they hold up

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Any reason for the  78 and 79 routes outta newark have 2-4 hour headways after the corresponding rush hour when they operate,  because it looks like NJT is giving out this service just to do it, without taking account the UPS worker shifts. If anyone has taken the 1:45, and 9:24 PM 79 trips from Newark to Parsippany-Troy Hills, the 4:02 79 trip from East Orange to Parsippany-Troy Hills, the 12:15 PM 79 trip from Parsippany-Troy Hills to Newark, the 9:54 and 11:33 78 buses from Seacacus to Newark, and the 11:00, 1:00, and 3:00 trips to Seacacus on the 78, how do they hold up

abysmal ridership. I saw 9:24 79 leave newark completely empty. They just run to save on DH time gotta get at least 1 person LOL. 79 and 78 only run for worker shifts.

my home route when i lived in NJ was the 114 i noticed that the route changed cause the bus used to take a straight shot on rt 22 when did they change it  to where goes right on hillside left onto bloy and then back onto rt 22 when going to bridgewater, and when coming back right on bloy street, left on long ave left on liberty ave right on hillside onto rt 22 to nyc?  

they screwed up 114 BADLY!!!!!

abysmal ridership. I saw 9:24 79 leave newark completely empty. They just run to save on DH time gotta get at least 1 person LOL. 79 and 78 only run for worker shifts!

I know that last part, because obliviously if UPS is finding service on this routes then that means workers need the service. I'm talking statistics for the whole route, not one part of the route.

Got let off in the front of the PA yet again on the 139 for the second week in a row, I think they're actually letting Howell B/Os do that now. About damn time...

The Clever Device was also not calling out stops on 9035 or 7113 I rode on last week, looks like they didn't program some of the short turn 139 runs not coming from Lakewood because I looked at the screen on my way out and it was a Schibanoff Road short turn, looking at the schedule the one I was on last week was also a short turn. The Union Hill Park&Ride short turns are programmed though. 63/64 also aren't programmed yet, honestly I can't blame NJT for taking it slow on Route 9 because once they go live on every bus we're gonna hear more than the Clever Device lady on those buses... as much as I like them.

And no they haven't disabled them, the PSAs still come on every 10 minutes and I've seen buses that have the announcements working.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

that scene was for the Wrestlemania Axxcess event at IZOD center before the main show at Metlife tonight

Yea, they have been running the 353 bus service except Sunday where they ran the Meadowlands trains

If you want to bus fan the Secaucus Jct bus area, tomorrow is your last chance, because of WWE Monday Night RAW

Edited by mfs NJT459

wtf you mean?  the change of going throught the hillside of neighborhoods?

yup. You have no idea how crooked the 114 is you can use it as a local bus to the RVL if you miss a NYC bound bus literally!!! It is like SEPTA's 99 and nowhere near as bad as MTA MD 14.

I know that last part, because obliviously if UPS is finding service on this routes then that means workers need the service. I'm talking statistics for the whole route, not one part of the route.

Well I am just sayin not suggesting any cuts here.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Academy Perth Amboy has the Clever Devices installed too. They call out stops, Entering towns, transfer points, and still the PSAs.

Figured as much now that Veolia has them programmed, Community probably has them programmed by now too and the rest of Academy 22 Hillside's routes. The PSAs I can completely understand disabling on the 139 and other long haulers, I mean to hear the speakers spewing that crap every 10 minutes is more than annoying.

I'm thinking Veolia and Academy Perth Amboy might be next for BusTime now that they are 100% NABI and the Clever Devices are programmed.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Saw a couple of things yesterday.

1) For some strange reason, Academy Perth Amboy's NABIs seem to love me. Because I had 6175 on Saturday, then I saw it again at Metropark yesterday.

2) These Howell drivers must have bad memory or something, because I saw a 137 get off of the GSP and get onto Route 9 in Old Bridge. I guess he thought he was doing the 139.

3) CUSA now has the 5600s doing the 24 (that might not even be news to some).

2) These Howell drivers must have bad memory or something, because I saw a 137 get off of the GSP and get onto Route 9 in Old Bridge. I guess he thought he was doing the 139.

Could've been coming back from NY or he just put that sign up, haven't seen that too much since the Clever Device installation but it's probably still possible.

Could've been coming back from NY or he just put that sign up, haven't seen that too much since the Clever Device installation but it's probably still possible.

One of the bus driver didn't know how to use clever devices. So instead of 166T to Leonia, the bus had 166T to New York...