New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually prefer the SOHell so much easier to get to downtown and relaxation too, get started for the real Hell when M&E returns to Penn

Speaking of M&E, the cross honoring customers that have to ride Lakeland have to endure a long detour due to bridge construction in Berkeley Heights on Springfield Ave

Actually prefer the SOHell so much easier to get to downtown and relaxation too, get started for the real Hell when M&E returns to Penn

I wish it was like this more. When I was commuting into the city via train last fall, Penn Station was stop & go with all those damn MidTown Direct trains. These past few months however have been a straight cruise into Penn. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an idea for an New Bus Route: Clinton Hill This Route Will Go From Newark Penn Station To Fabyan Pl/Clinton Av. Via Washington/Broad St,Spruce St,Irvine Turner Blvd,Hawthorne Av,Ridgewood Av and Fabyan Place Buses Will Relay From Fabyan Pl at Clinton Av To S 19 St and turn on Avon Av To S 18 St Back To Fabyan Pl at Clinton Av. Buses Will Run Frequency On Rush Hour But Every 20 Min Middays and Weekends. The Destination Sign For Buses On This Route Will Be. 

Clinton Hill 

Newark Penn Sta

Did a RT on the #139 this morning.... Call this consistency or a coincidency, but the duration of both trips lasted the same exact time (1 hr, 31 mins)....

I managed to catch the 5:30 from PABT.... I understand people have "good times" partying & drinking & what not, but really, I don't wanna be subjected to hearing a bunch of "ooh dammn, ahh, ahh shiit... waii waii wait...."along the way.... Started hearing that shit around EWR & it was intermittent all the way until they got off at sindy/sydney/cindy rd, something like that..... Something that irks the crap out of me is when people start getting shifty/fidgety on relatively empty buses/subway cars (like, the same type of motion that would petrify any police officer at the scene of some incident or w/e)..... Hell is you doin all that gettin up & moving around for (well I knew why in this case, wink wink.... but still).....

...and dude (black guy) had the nerve to give me some weird type of look as they both got off.... Like, fool, I don't want your gerbil-faced, malnourished, struggle becky you proud to have on your arm.... Once those beer goggles come off, goddddddddd damn!

Some hispanic guy got on a couple stops before we hit freehold ctr, and I said to myself, if you know what I know, you wouldn't be sitting back there.....

The return trip back to PABT (7am from Lakewood) was more or less tame (I waited a whopping total of 2 mins. after getting off the first #139).... Other than the 9 of us that got on at Lakewood, there were stragglers until we hit Freehold Ctr, where only myself & some lady remained after ppl. got off - and then about 10 more people boarded.... Somehow, after waking up (I had dozed off somewhere in Man-a-lap-an & woke up just after leaving Old Bridge P&R) to see not only some dude sitting next to me, but some broad hovering over him on top of it.... Basically, we touched down in PABT with a seated load & 2 standees to boot.....

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Did a RT on the #139 this morning.... Call this consistency or a coincidency, but the duration of both trips lasted the same exact time (1 hr, 31 mins)....

I managed to catch the 5:30 from PABT.... I understand people have "good times" partying & drinking & what not, but really, I don't wanna be subjected to hearing a bunch of "ooh dammn, ahh, ahh shiit... waii waii wait...."along the way.... Started hearing that shit around EWR & it was intermittent all the way until they got off at sindy/sydney/cindy rd, something like that..... Something that irks the crap out of me is when people start getting shifty/fidgety on relatively empty buses/subway cars (like, the same type of motion that would petrify any police officer at the scene of some incident or w/e)..... Hell is you doin all that gettin up & moving around for (well I knew why in this case, wink wink.... but still).....

...and dude (black guy) had the nerve to give me some weird type of look as they both got off.... Like, fool, I don't want your gerbil-faced, malnourished, struggle becky you proud to have on your arm.... Once those beer goggles come off, goddddddddd damn!

Some hispanic guy got on a couple stops before we hit freehold ctr, and I said to myself, if you know what I know, you wouldn't be sitting back there.....

The return trip back to PABT (7am from Lakewood) was more or less tame (I waited a whopping total of 2 mins. after getting off the first #139).... Other than the 9 of us that got on at Lakewood, there were stragglers until we hit Freehold Ctr, where only myself & some lady remained after ppl. got off - and then about 10 more people boarded.... Somehow, after waking up (I had dozed off somewhere in Man-a-lap-an & woke up just after leaving Old Bridge P&R) to see not only some dude sitting next to me, but some broad hovering over him on top of it.... Basically, we touched down in PABT with a seated load & 2 standees to boot.....

Have you ever gone down on a Saturday to Lakewood when they open the garage and have the old buses out?

49 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Yup! So much so that I'm always on the lookout for it every time I head down there....

Ok.  I’m usually down there every Saturday and for events as I am a member of the Transportation Heritage Commission.  We last took the buses to the SEPTA Roadeo

On 11/12/2017 at 3:01 PM, B35 via Church said:

Yoooooo this made my day, the thirst is very real and, in this case, very drunk and stupid. Also seeing dumb things like this, sounds like your typical weekend in the military.

On 11/8/2017 at 9:01 PM, A Former New Yorker said:

I have an idea for an New Bus Route: Clinton Hill This Route Will Go From Newark Penn Station To Fabyan Pl/Clinton Av. Via Washington/Broad St,Spruce St,Irvine Turner Blvd,Hawthorne Av,Ridgewood Av and Fabyan Place Buses Will Relay From Fabyan Pl at Clinton Av To S 19 St and turn on Avon Av To S 18 St Back To Fabyan Pl at Clinton Av. Buses Will Run Frequency On Rush Hour But Every 20 Min Middays and Weekends. The Destination Sign For Buses On This Route Will Be. 

Clinton Hill 

Newark Penn Sta

So what you are proposing the 13 to Penn Station?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question....

Coach USA route 31.... Did it really have low usage to/from Livingston Mall, to the point where they had to cut back trips to South Orange?

I ask because the last couple times I 'fanned the NJT #70 - Coach USA #31 combo (Newark Penn to Livingston Mall on the 70 & back to Newark Penn on the 31), each time the 31 was SRO upon reaching Newark Penn, with about 20-30 ppl. or so leaving the mall; well before ever hitting S. Orange.... Of course, these were all Saturday trips..... So IDK......

9 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Question....

Coach USA route 31.... Did it really have low usage to/from Livingston Mall, to the point where they had to cut back trips to South Orange?

I ask because the last couple times I 'fanned the NJT #70 - Coach USA #31 combo (Newark Penn to Livingston Mall on the 70 & back to Newark Penn on the 31), each time the 31 was SRO upon reaching Newark Penn, with about 20-30 ppl. or so leaving the mall; well before ever hitting S. Orange.... Of course, these were all Saturday trips..... So IDK......

Damn, how cheap can they get? Those trips that used to end at either Livingston or Maplewood were cut back to Dover Street instead of at least continuing to the South Orange NJT station (even though the Valley Road trips basically stopped a block from the NJT station)

But yeah, they must've been in a really bad budget crunch if they had to cut that segment back. 

• 3 weeks later...

Springfield Av Route 

IBOA will take over NJT's #25 

Newark Industrial Pk trips will be removed 

Springfield Av buses run from 43rd St to Newark Penn Sta/Essex County Corrections Ctr Buses run every 12 min Middays/Weekends 

Springfield Av Exp buses run from Maplewood to Newark Penn Sta Buses run every 12 min Middays/Weekends 

Buses will every 3-4 min on Rush Hour 

GO25 bus stops will stay and be labeled as Springfield Av Exp buses