Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Orion VII 4 Life

New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

spotted 7224 on the 137 taking a detour off Exit 14 to the Holland Tunnel, on MyBusNow

I think NJT should split the #1 line with either ironbound or orange.....all jersey city runs should be managed by hilton...But the other 3 that dont come as far as jc should be taking over by ironbound in my opinion 

22 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

I think NJT should split the #1 line with either ironbound or orange.....all jersey city runs should be managed by hilton...But the other 3 that dont come as far as jc should be taking over by ironbound in my opinion 

With Orange doing some of the Ironbound's routes (namely the 62), why would they do the 1? It makes sense, location wise, but I rather it stay with Hilton.

51 minutes ago, go25 said:

With Orange doing some of the Ironbound's routes (namely the 62), why would they do the 1? It makes sense, location wise, but I rather it stay with Hilton.

Im not saying Hilton should completely give up the route...But during rush hours outside of newark(6:30-10:00am-3:00pm-7:00pm) the 1 line sees increased ridership and  needs help and i think ironbound should provide it..sometimes when the path train  comes across a problem the 1 gets slammed like no other or if drivers call out buses become missing in action.....from time to time a bus from  ironbound or orange will show up on the 1......few years back greenville helped with a couple of trips...   

51 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

Im not saying Hilton should completely give up the route...But during rush hours outside of newark(6:30-10:00am-3:00pm-7:00pm) the 1 line sees increased ridership and  needs help and i think ironbound should provide it..sometimes when the path train  comes across a problem the 1 gets slammed like no other or if drivers call out buses become missing in action.....from time to time a bus from  ironbound or orange will show up on the 1......few years back greenville helped with a couple of trips...   

Agreed. What I'm trying to say is with the still ongoing shitshow (if it ended then kudos to them, but still) in Ironbound and seeing Orange operators covering down for Ironbound routes. If anything Orange needs to step away from that. Hell I'm ok with Greenville doing one or two trips on the 1, coming from Exchange Place or Journal Square

3 minutes ago, go25 said:

Agreed. What I'm trying to say is with the still ongoing shitshow (if it ended then kudos to them, but still) in Ironbound and seeing Orange operators covering down for Ironbound routes. If anything Orange needs to step away from that. Hell I'm ok with Greenville doing one or two trips on the 1, coming from Exchange Place or Journal Square

I understand your point...I didnt know orange was helping with the 62....But yes i cant agree with you more that greenville should help out of jersey city especially when the 1 have problems coming out of newark...twice a month i deal with the 6:58 am out of exchange not showing up at all forcing everyone on the next one which is like 7:45am all the driver says is that the driver before him or her didnt show up for work or bus broke down....If im not mistaking i saw a nabi surburban #5249 a couple of months ago doing the 1 to ivy hill....I thought i was bugging when i saw it...:D

15 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

I understand your point...I didnt know orange was helping with the 62....But yes i cant agree with you more that greenville should help out of jersey city especially when the 1 have problems coming out of newark...twice a month i deal with the 6:58 am out of exchange not showing up at all forcing everyone on the next one which is like 7:45am all the driver says is that the driver before him or her didnt show up for work or bus broke down....If im not mistaking i saw a nabi surburban #5249 a couple of months ago doing the 1 to ivy hill....I thought i was bugging when i saw it...:D

I've seen that happen before... but with the 54XX suburbans that Hilton has.

15 minutes ago, go25 said:

I've seen that happen before... but with the 54XX suburbans that Hilton has.

yeah from time to time youll see the 54xx series on the 1....The day i saw 5249 on the was like 1230pm and it was the bus that serve the hudson county correctional  probably was a fill in for that  trip only....

9 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

yeah from time to time youll see the 54xx series on the 1....The day i saw 5249 on the was like 1230pm and it was the bus that serve the hudson county correctional  probably was a fill in for that  trip only....

That's possible

I don't understand the summer time MCI swapping in South Jersey;

So Egg Harbor is borrowing 18010 and 18011 for the summer from Washington Twp..

The problem is this Washington Twp has already been short a couple of MCis.  ANd in turn they still have to borrow MCIs for trips on the 551 and 554.

Tonight..18091 is on the 551 yet EHT has 18010 and 18011.  It has happened almost every night last week too.  Why loan buses to a garage when you still have to borrow theirs?

Meanwhile up the Freeway in Camden, they're severely short MCIs now.

Today and even on Friday an NABI was used the 317, which goes from Camden and Philadelphia all the way up to Asbury Park.  And NABIs show up on the 409, 417 and 418 daily now.  Sometimes the 409  even has to borrow NABIs from Mercer County for their trips.   It is about to get worse the 316 starts up next weekend and they use MCIs from all 3 South Jersey garages.  

Caug

4 minutes ago, Tranzitfan81 said:

Meanwhile up the Freeway in Camden, they're severely short MCIs now.

Today and even on Friday an NABI was used the 317, which goes from Camden and Philadelphia all the way up to Asbury Park.  And NABIs show up on the 409, 417 and 418 daily now.  Sometimes the 409  even has to borrow NABIs from Mercer County for their trips.   It is about to get worse the 316 starts up next weekend and they use MCIs from all 3 South Jersey garages.  

I checked the GTFS this week on the summer bus schedule and found there will be 4 Newton Ave, 2 Egg Harbor, 1 Washington Twp drivers for the 316

Majority of the 316 trips would be the older MCI D4000s from Newton Ave.  Newton Ave trip times are 8:30am, 9:30am, 3:30pm, 7:30pm from Philly.  We could see 2 Newton Ave MCI cruisers at a time on the 316