New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, some 7400s, 8200s are D4500 and they are at Howell

Regardless of what garage they are assigned to, check this out:

http://ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_Jersey_Transit_Bus_Operations_Fleet_Roster#Motor_Coach_Industries

Looking at the NJT MCI roster it says 2 units retired. Anyone know what numbers they were ? I'm guessing due to accidents or fire.

I was asking about the diesel MCI's 2 are retired. Not the CNG's

I think the 2 D4000s that are retired are:

8519 (Coach USA/Olympia) - Fire

8613? (Academy) - Accident on Rt. 9

Anybody know whats going on with Howell's 7475, the one that caught on fire at the beginning of the year on the 139?

Anybody know whats going on with Howell's 7475, the one that caught on fire at the beginning of the year on the 139?

It was 8592 that got into the accident on Route 9 with the School bus.

I think 7475 back in service because I saw it on MyBusNow a few times.

Thanks for the bus numbers.

It was 8592 that got into the accident on Route 9 with the School bus.

I think 7475 back in service because I saw it on MyBusNow a few times.

Ok so its 8519 and 8592 retired due to fire and crash. Thanks

Smfh Academy don't deserve to have those buses. They could've sent those buses to Howell, but no. They had to use em' for a charter instead <_< . And what sucks is that the general public doesn't give a damn. Hopefully the riders on that charter recognized the seat designs and thought "hmm, I don't think this bus belongs to Academy....."

I saw one of OceanRide's Orion V's today. Those things look really old. And there was nobody on them.

Edited by Transitkid4608

Smfh Academy don't deserve to have those buses. They could've sent those buses to Howell, but no. They had to use em' for a charter instead <_< . And what sucks is that the general public doesn't give a damn. Hopefully the riders on that charter recognized the seat designs and thought "hmm, I don't think this bus belongs to Academy....."

I saw one of OceanRide's Orion V's today. Those things look really old. And there was nobody on them.

Anyone know where those O5s came from and how old they are?

Also do they run for Classic Tours or Loori Bus? (Ocean uses 2 contractors that both use distinct fleet liveries, Classic IIRC has a light blue stripe and I'm not sure about Loori)

Anyone know where those O5s came from and how old they are?

Also do they run for Classic Tours or Loori Bus? (Ocean uses 2 contractors that both use distinct fleet liveries, Classic IIRC has a light blue stripe and I'm not sure about Loori)

I don't know where they came from, but they look to be slightly older than MTA's.

They had black around the windows and a red and orange stripe below the windows that said "OceanRide" smack in the middle of the stripes.

I don't know where they came from, but they look to be slightly older than MTA's.

They had black around the windows and a red and orange stripe below the windows that said "OceanRide" smack in the middle of the stripes.

Could they be former Fairfax units.

It's the weekend.....they have reduced service on the weekends plus with this being a Labor Day weekend they probably needed everything that could run. NJT made their bed now they have to lay in it.....no sense decimating other peoples commutes.

It's the weekend.....they have reduced service on the weekends plus with this being a Labor Day weekend they probably needed everything that could run. NJT made their bed now they have to lay in it.....no sense decimating other peoples commutes.

With Labor Day weekend, I found out that Meadowlands will not be sending any of their buses to Cape May for the 319 special schedule on Labor Day... Egg Harbor will be handling all the extra service including the 3 super express trips from Cape May to New York, as well as the 319 local trips to AC then continuing to New York w/o stopping at Toms River

(Posted to Dropbox so these schedules can be accessed year round)

Sat 8/31 and Sun 9/1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/04m3nt1ihx040lz/T0319.pdf

Labor Day 9/2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivzvahzptumr4gt/LAB319.pdf

Who uses oceanfail? They can't even run daily service.