New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well im back in NJ for 2 weeks. but first things first:

the way I arrived was pretty long but worth it. Took Amtrak's Cardinal from Cincinnati, OH to Newark Penn. A 20 hour trip (train was an hour late) but to experience the route was great. but once the train pulled out of DC the rest was history. but this is a topic for another thread lol.

however i did get my bus rides in today and few things popped out:

*first one was the few remaining Novas in Orange. Saw 2 13XXs and 1514 on the 94 and 27 in the AM, then 1407 on the 5 at Penn Station during the PM rush hour. Get them last rides people

*second about the whole clever device thing; it isn't about the GPS system (which some people here are complete foamers. not attacking people, just saying). the bell when you hit the Stop Requested tape/button on the Neo's and Crapi's changed. it sounds like when you hit the button in the plane to call in a flight attendant. Has anyone noticed that anywhere else?

• 2 weeks later...

is it just me or did they do a major change to the 62 route cause i remember it going all the way down to islen(metropark station) or was it another route that had a 60 number?

The 62 got split recently. From Newark Penn to Elizabeth via Airport and Ikea is the new 62. From Elizabeth to all points south of the original 62 is now the new route 48

While I know that the ALP-44s are retired from service, but I noticed that there was one still with its pantograph installed and the windows not covered/plated outside of the MMC when I was in town recently.

Well I got bored after school so I decided to head down to Freehold on the 131 today.

Those CNGs are old man I tell you. I was up in the front and the dashboard looked like it came straight from the mid-90s. I think it looks old to me because I looked at some pics of the newer D4500CTs on MCI's website and the specs on those buses looked fairly new. I think we're gonna be in for a real treat here.

I don't know what the fuss about the Monmouth County Veolia operation is all about. I took the 833 today and I had a pretty good ride.

and in other news, I almost fell asleep on 8200 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free