New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they are starting to replace the signs in the 40ft MCIs. I saw a Ironbound D4000 with a Luminator on the 114 tonight....looked good!

I might've seen the same one on the 115 when I was at Jersey Gardens last week.

I also find it interesting that they've been running the hybrids more on the 111.

Been noticing some of the jitneys now using Thomas C2 and IC school buses instead of cutaway crap, and honestly I'd rather ride one of those than a CRAPI. I know they run the Blvd. East-PABT route under Sphinx Transportation and Johnny's Taxi, what other routes have you guys seen them running?

The thomas c2s an ic ce300s are good buses especially the c2.

Yeah, those C2s are some sexy shit. The ICs I see out there appear to be IC REs (rear engine) like NY Waterway has, rode one of theirs once and it wasn't bad. The Navistar T444E wasn't a bad sounding engine either, plus it had suburban seating. I'm wondering how old those C2s are, since older units are likely to have CAT or MBE engines and the newer ones have Cummins.

Yeah, those C2s are some sexy shit. The ICs I see out there appear to be IC REs (rear engine) like NY Waterway has, rode one of theirs once and it wasn't bad. The Navistar T444E wasn't a bad sounding engine either, plus it had suburban seating. I'm wondering how old those C2s are, since older units are likely to have CAT or MBE engines and the newer ones have Cummins.

The T444E is a terrible engine, which is why maxxforce 7,8,9,10, DT is the new age engine for school buses, they pack so much power with a heavy load. Ive only heard of the C2 with a MBE or cummins. The MBE was discontinued due to problems. The only option since is cummins w/ engine braking.

The T444E is a terrible engine, which is why maxxforce 7,8,9,10, DT is the new age engine for school buses, they pack so much power with a heavy load. Ive only heard of the C2 with a MBE or cummins. The MBE was discontinued due to problems. The only option since is cummins w/ engine braking.

It was an older RE I rode, hell it was an AmTran with an old International nameplate on the front, that's why it didn't have a Maxxforce. I've heard of the C2 with CAT C7s, though it looks like the ones the jitneys are using are pretty damn new so they probably have ISBs. The jitney REs all seem to be newer IC so I guess they have a Maxxforce engine of some sort. Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Guest MTA Bus

I finally saw the Designline Coach. Even though I was on street level, it was 3 stories above me, and it was on it's way to NJ, I still saw it.

I have a question about NJT leased Academy buses, do they have On Board Wi-Fi? I think I remember seeing that sticker on some of them

If so, are they available for use on the NJT 139?

Yes and yes, but the WiFi pretty much works when it wants to on every Academy bus. I've taken the 139 in on Academy plenty of times, they're also getting Clever Devices now.

saw 8522 with new signs today, One thing, they look bit small but I can be wrong since I saw it on my way home from PABT. 

Rockland Coaches also has 2-3 of their D4000s with the new signs.

553, how was it having a NABI out there? I would think it would be like putting a NABI on the 166.....just not a good idea!

Edited by BZGuy