New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

does anyone know why all NJCL Long Branch train had a restriction speed between Hazlet and Middletown? It been like this for while. The New York bound don't have any restriction speed between the two stations. Just curious. 

Track conditions probably. ohh first time on metropark loops you will be surprised how well some are used I took 802 to 801

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Saw a howell bus, 8219 to be exact, on 167T on Tuesday. I was really shocked to see that bus around 4PM... I wonder if meadowlands is doing okay...

2. I miss seeing random destination signs on deadheading buses that comes into PABT at PM rush hour. I blame the clever devices for this atrocity.. 

Speaking on clever devices, I wonder when mybus now will come online for 1xx routes in north jesery...

1. Saw a howell bus, 8219 to be exact, on 167T on Tuesday. I was really shocked to see that bus around 4PM... I wonder if meadowlands is doing okay...

2. I miss seeing random destination signs on deadheading buses that comes into PABT at PM rush hour. I blame the clever devices for this atrocity.. 

Speaking on clever devices, I wonder when mybus now will come online for 1xx routes in north jesery...

Yeah I noticed the clever devices automatically set the signs to not in service before/after trips. Like right when the buses pull into the Port the signs change to NIS.

They promised by the end of 2014. I think they're waiting for the MCI CNGs' replacements which is really stupid since they won't be here until the summer, just launch everything but the Howell routes!

So I managed to ride up to JC on 7209 this morning, I gotta admit from a busfan perspective it sounds pretty damn good but damn those axles wouldn't shut up (I'll get my onboard vid up later). For a commuter coach though it definitely didn't sound right, and it definitely felt rode and sounded like a cheap transit bus. 

So I managed to ride up to JC on 7209 this morning, I gotta admit from a busfan perspective it sounds pretty damn good but damn those axles wouldn't shut up (I'll get my onboard vid up later). For a commuter coach though it definitely didn't sound right, and it definitely felt rode and sounded like a cheap transit bus. 

:D:D. Quantity over quality.... damn shame...

Yeah I noticed the clever devices automatically set the signs to not in service before/after trips. Like right when the buses pull into the Port the signs change to NIS.

They promised by the end of 2014. I think they're waiting for the MCI CNGs' replacements which is really stupid since they won't be here until the summer, just launch everything but the Howell routes!

The run number is the magic code - the clever device is programmed with whatever the run is supposed to do, including the deadheads.  Some runs cover different lines.  This is all in the clever device, and reflected in the paddle.  When signing on the clever device, you enter the line and run number and the device does the rest, including automatically changing the signs at the end of each trip.  Sometimes, however, the run numbers don't work for whatever reason, so you have to enter the line and run number manually and change the sign at the end of each trip.  

Quick question. Where can I find an RTS from New Jersey or from the other small companies?

If you want to ride one Newarks penn station still has some coming there. Or in Jersey city - Bayonne you can catch a baby Nova on the Broadway line in Bayonne or the 440 shopper and Montgomery westside line in JC.

Quick question. Where can I find an RTS from New Jersey or from the other small companies?

As he said, Newark Penn is where you'll find RTS. I actually haven't been to Newark in over a year, but those routes always have RTS. If you want the private lines, I suggest Journal Square. I'd be careful taking pictures there, though.

MyBusNow shows 7137 on the 313

I wonder what Wayne got in return. I know that particular bus broke down at the PABT a week ago on the gate and they gave the driver a Ironbound unit. I thought it would have gotten swapped back into Wayne by now.

Two things i have to say. I noticed on Nabi bus that is running the 832, there a special door between the driver and passenger. that seem new to me. That door was to keep the scumbag from attacking the driver. Did the MTA did the same as well?

Also after i visit my friend house in asbury it took me two hours to get home to red bank. Here why. i left round 4 pm without knowing a schedule. i head to the station and i saw the 832 and train schedule. they are both a minute apart at 427 and 428. i want to go home faster so i decide to take the train. what a mistake that was and there was nothing i could do. first it got delayed 7 minutes late. after 7 minute wait then it said another 17 minutes. After 17 more minutes pass by they decided to cancel the train. meanwhile it was fridgid cold out there that my feet got numb. a lot of people was late for their destination. some of these passenger want to go to long branch and have to wait for 837. i got on 832. the bus driver was mean to passenger because he claim the radio is not working and won't honor the ticket. that bus driver was a liar because when he reach near red bank the radio was on and i heard a dispatcher calling a bus to come in. Also, i wish that employee who take care of the inside of the station house waited a little longer till the train come or got cancelled, so everyone could stayed warmer little longer. he had to close it up by 430. that was mean even tho there nothing we could have done. 

Funny thing I was at Newark too I was waiting for amtrak. The reason there was a delay was because one of the tracks in the Hudson Tunnel caught fire. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed ya. People waiting for metropark buses indoors due to weather I don't blame em.

Edited by qjtransitmaster