New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

I never understood why people would be willing to risk their lives on those damn things to save a few bucks. I'd rather pay the $2.35, $2.90, or $3.50 than ride one of those tin cans.......

For starters, because they don't see it as a risk..... They see it as viable transportation (just like we do, the NJT buses)....

My issue with the jitney is they can be some as hell. When I was fanning the 190, it wasn't uncommon for my bus to pass one of two jitneys along Main St.

What?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, word is that the rest of the NABIs will be coming in very shortly in a matter of days. The rest of the RTSs will be kaput very soon. They had them running on the Harmon Meadow/Meadowlands Shuttle.

Get your shots while you can. I managed to get 2552 on Roach USA(that was not a typo) 24A today.

Edited by Cait Sith

Well, word is that the rest of the NABIs will be coming in very shortly in a matter of days. The rest of the RTSs will be kaput very soon. They had them running on the Harmon Meadow/Meadowlands Shuttle.

Get your shots while you can. I managed to get 2552 on Roach USA(that was not a typo) 24A today.

Why did the order stop for 2 months since Broadway got their Nabi's ? They were coming in fast and furious until 6490's.  Still need up to 6538 anyway to finish the order.

Why did the order stop for 2 months since Broadway got their Nabi's ? They were coming in fast and furious until 6490's.  Still need up to 6538 anyway to finish the order.

They were all on hold, originally, the NABIs that were sitting at the Meadowlands lot were supposed to be used for the Super Bowl Shuttle (in conjunction with some of the RTSs and some MCIs), but all of that changed.

They were all on hold, originally, the NABIs that were sitting at the Meadowlands lot were supposed to be used for the Super Bowl Shuttle (in conjunction with some of the RTSs and some MCIs), but all of that changed.

So thats what happened to them. Ok so coach usa should be getting their Nabi's soon. I guess Broadway got all of theirs if not they are only a few short.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw an advertisement from NJT on my way home tonight, highlighting the results from recent customer satisfaction survey.

It says 8 out of 10 people recommend NJT to others, where highlights include

- stable fares (don't have much to say about this)

- direct communication (not really)

- on time performance (... seriously?)

- availability of seats on bus (.... Really, seriously?)

I wonder if NJT is really desperate to get some good public image... Because I can testify that those points are highly BS

Just saw an advertisement from NJT on my way home tonight, highlighting the results from recent customer satisfaction survey.

It says 8 out of 10 people recommend NJT to others, where highlights include

- stable fares (don't have much to say about this)

- direct communication (not really)

- on time performance (... seriously?)

- availability of seats on bus (.... Really, seriously?)

I wonder if NJT is really desperate to get some good public image... Because I can testify that those points are highly BS

Seats based on 700& 600 buses and frequency of 100 series. On time performance anything other than NEC and 800&600 series buses plus south Jersey communication via mybus now seems legitimate.

Can a mod merge this with my other post? The app is acting up.

It's confirmed. 8622 is at Howell. I saw it boarding passengers at the 320 gates, and I know Academy doesn't run to Route 9 from PABT.

Academy might have gotten some extra 139 runs as of late. They already do much of the 136 in the PM rush.

Finally saw 2 of the Coach USA NABIs. One of them was 6534, but I didn't catch the other ones number since it was going too fast. I gotta say they look pretty good without the dark blue underneath the paint.

Let us know if you see a number higher than 6538 that is the last bus of the order. Unless they added on to it.