New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its at Wayne. My normal driver had it. He was not happy with it and I understood why. Slow brakes,mediocre A/C and it only did 65. Not sure how it ended up at Wayne but I don't think its one that they want to keep. Also 7160 is at Meadowlands....it was sideswiped by a tractor trailer yesterday morning during the AM rush.

I always wonder if NJ Transit should update the standard bus stop i mean not this is complaint but i wish it was more so creative, myabe better seen and also away to get infomation on bus service or something. I mean it is the same little stick guy hopping on bus i mean its kinda yawn for me. I wonder how other agencies compare to their standard bus stop.

I always wonder if NJ Transit should update the standard bus stop i mean not this is complaint but i wish it was more so creative, myabe better seen and also away to get infomation on bus service or something. I mean it is the same little stick guy hopping on bus i mean its kinda yawn for me. I wonder how other agencies compare to their standard bus stop.

Want a snoresville bland bus stop try SCT Suffolk LI or worse Rockland county ny. SEPTA's make NJT's bus stops look colorful. We can even take it down a notch with Baltimore's bus stops. However WMATA's are way better looking than all the others I mentioned.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

After further investigation via NJT's GTFS data that was released on Friday for the June 21st bus schedule changes....

I did not find any Egg Harbor trips or block numbers that will be operated on the 551 and 554, they all show Washington Twp

however, i found that Washington Twp will NOT operate the 316 and 510 this summer.  Egg Harbor and Newton Ave are operating it.  There is even an Egg Harbor run that has two 510 round trips, then the 6:45pm 316 to Philadelphia...

I also did not find any Egg Harbor's 319 runs assigned to do any 139 or 308 trippers

Actually we been doing night 554s with buses that came from newton and twp. It started last week. Thursday night, and I did 4 trips on the 554 with 7179. And as for the 139 we are on standby to do it. Any ny or jersey city driver had to line instruct every 139 leg. The run numbers will still be washtington twp. If twp doesnt get they act together the 554 and 551 will be ours.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

Looks like Meadowlands is using Egg Harbors buses as loaners. 7783 was on da 128 2 days ago & 7180 was on da 167 today.

Someone was sick on 7783 couple days ago and threw up on the bus. 7180 had an issue. 7115 was sent down here and 7167 as loaners.

Heres 7167

396E9623-8E8D-4AF0-8631-5185D64A1D58.jpg

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

being that the bus summer schedule starts tomorrow... yet Conrail has to be an ASS in working on the delair bridge, i wonder which garage is doing shuttle busing on the AC line this weekend between Cherry Hill, Pennsauken and Philly?  Newton Ave would do it, but idk

http://www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=ServiceAdjustmentTo&AdjustmentId=11107

being that the bus summer schedule starts tomorrow... yet Conrail has to be an ASS in working on the delair bridge, i wonder which garage is doing shuttle busing on the AC line this weekend between Cherry Hill, Pennsauken and Philly? Newton Ave would do it, but idk

http://www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=ServiceAdjustmentTo&AdjustmentId=11107

I dont think twp will be doing it, we just took 8 buses from them. Mcis. Sucks to be them, they losing mcis to us and Howell.