New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they can't give away anymore MCIs.

Anyone been noticing tougher times at the Lincoln Tunnel lately? Today it was backed up coming out of the city, yesterday there was an accident that shut it down, then it reopened, only to have a bus break down in the XBL. Then there was the situation in Weehawken with the false threat that shut it down and disrupted the light rail also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for once, i see 7186 on the 510 via MyBusNow, which means it will do the 316 later

and i think one of the buses that was sent from Howell to Egg Harbor is 8213, because i see it on the 319 to AC

On top of that, 7183 is on the 139.

Did that pick go through? Or is it a loaner?

Should we extend service into staten island?

Chill.....

do you like the rts or nabis?

There's something about NJT's RTS' I'm not all that fond of.... Can't really put my finger on it....

From a passenger's perspective, I actually like the (look) of the NABI's.... From the outside anyway.

Seating arrangement is kinda tight, although I like sitting in the back row.... Seems to me like the AC flows better back there, IDK.....

I'm a fan of the Suburban NABIs more than the Transits because they still have ZF Ecomats which give a nice roar to the ISL. Plus Idk if it's just me, but the ML seats make the newer Transits sound hollow on the inside. That could be the engine without the Ecomat, or the Ecolife just doesn't put out much sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of the Suburban NABIs more than the Transits because they still have ZF Ecomats which give a nice roar to the ISL. Plus Idk if it's just me, but the ML seats make the newer Transits sound hollow on the inside. That could be the engine without the Ecomat, or the Ecolife just doesn't put out much sound. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not really the seats. They just insulated the rears more.

Edited by Cait Sith

Airtrain shuttle today is mostly the PA Orions and a few white MCIs and Vanhools from some "Endeavor Transportation" which I've seen Academy also subcontract alot of their Javits shuttles out to. No RTS out so far.

Meanwhile Coach USA is still full of the RTSes and they aren't going anywhere, Coach owns them now. I thought they were gonna use them mostly for the EWR Express but there's a shit ton still rolling around Newark, I'm on 31558 myself on the 24 now.