New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was a NAbI 6045 from Hillside. I think it was in training because i saw two njt employee walking toward the shops.

i was laughing at the Academy bus driver in my mind. There was a passenger playing music without a headphone The driver went on the Pa and said "you must wear headphone…...." Later when we got to Cheesequake, he yelled 3 times "Cheesequake"Typical driver who used  a PA in beginning then later ignore the Pa microphone. SMH

http://rlsmedia.com/breaking-news/article/removal-two-passengers-nj-transit-train-turns-violent

This little gem happened during rush hour on the Raritan Valley Line. After a game that Colombia won (after the biting game) these two thought it be ok to bring their bikes on the train and well the rest is on the video

http://rlsmedia.com/breaking-news/article/removal-two-passengers-nj-transit-train-turns-violent

This little gem happened during rush hour on the Raritan Valley Line. After a game that Colombia won (after the biting game) these two thought it be ok to bring their bikes on the train and well the rest is on the video

This happened a while ago btw.

Anyway, yeah if you're being arrested, don't try to fight the cop in any way. They should've just got off and waited for the next train when they were told to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the officers approached them in wrong way. I think these two cyclists didn't know that no bike allows on rush hour directional train. I am not sure if the officers showed them the fine print on the schedule. I believed that what caused all this altercationwhen the fine print was not shown. But i wasn't there so i don't know what really happen before the fight. Media sometime leave out major detail of how they do their job before the fight. 

Ain't that something. A Newton Ave bus doing a Newton Ave line, only thing is, it's Howell's for the time being....

Saw something in procurement about a bid opening for "Pest management" for the buses, transit & maintenance facilities. I hope that means a comeback for plush seats, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our CNG pilot has arrived. Bus is numbered 7278.

a5u9a5yt.jpg

Finally, it has the sign at the back. One thing I didn't like is that I would never know which bus just left, especially multiple buses leave at around the same time (happened to me at Willowbrook with the former 75 and the 190's to NY, never knew which was which. I would pray that it wasn't the 197/198, or else, it's the long way to NYC)

Looks good. Was hoping for frameless windows, but that's ok.

Those are some weird lookin headlights. I take it that's MCIs new style.

Are the roster numbers gonna be broken up? I did the math and 7278+148=7425, which kinda breaks into the D4000s.

Hopefully NJT will have it out on the road soon. Are you gonna make a separate topic for the delivery of these or do you want this to be it?

Looks good. Was hoping for frameless windows, but that's ok.

Those are some weird lookin headlights. I take it that's MCIs new style.

Are the roster numbers gonna be broken up? I did the math and 7278+148=7425, which kinda breaks into the D4000s.

Hopefully NJT will have it out on the road soon. Are you gonna make a separate topic for the delivery of these or do you want this to be it?

When I get more information, I'll make a separate topic.

I just noticed these differences. The overhead luggage rack is different, still can't tell if there's an undercarriage, it looks like the lights are close to the luggage racks, and the reading lights/climate control look different. Wonder how far back the seats recline.

Hopefully these buses arrive quickly so we can give Egg Harbor, Newton Ave, Washington Twp, and Fairview their D4000s back, figure out what's gonna be the deal with the 14 DesignLines, and hopefully ease the overcrowding in certain buses.

I can't wait to hear that ISL9 roar on the NJ Turnpike. I know one things for sure Howell is gonna put it to the test during rush hour on the 139. But hopefully they test it on all the lines.

Edited by Transitkid4608