New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

I just noticed these differences. The overhead luggage rack is different, still can't tell if there's an undercarriage, it looks like the lights are close to the luggage racks, and the reading lights/climate control look different. Wonder how far back the seats recline.

Hopefully these buses arrive quickly so we can give Egg Harbor, Newton Ave, Washington Twp, and Fairview their D4000s back, figure out what's gonna be the deal with the 14 DesignLines, and hopefully ease the overcrowding in certain buses.

I can't wait to hear that ISL9 roar on the NJ Turnpike. I know one things for sure Howell is gonna put it to the test during rush hour on the 139. But hopefully they test it on all the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISL-Gs? Roar? They'll be quiet as hell!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn I never would've guessed. I always thought they had ISX like Academy's D4500CT's. Are they coupled to Allisons? Because I'm hoping NJT opted for the same. You can't go wrong with an Allison!

Academy is actually ISMs. They are one of the last operators to get ISMs.

Academy is actually ISMs. They are one of the last operators to get ISMs.

I assumed they had ISX because a lot of agencies had been ordering their CTs with it.

Just listened to the ISL G coupled to a Allison B500R in a LADOT D4000CT and it sounded awesome. This bus is gonna put people to sleep on the 139.

Are they gonna leave the front blank like they did with the DesignLines? Or are they gonna put the NJT insignia on later?

Are they gonna leave the front blank like they did with the DesignLines? Or are they gonna put the NJT insignia on later?

I honestly hope they put the insignia on the front. It looks like ass right now.

I honestly hope they put the insignia on the front. It looks like ass right now.

I agree, even a front ad would make it look better. Still NJT should put the logo on the front.

From afar, the framed windows and small headlights make it look like a CL in a way.

Edited by Transitkid4608

Looks good. Was hoping for frameless windows, but that's ok.

Those are some weird lookin headlights. I take it that's MCIs new style.

Are the roster numbers gonna be broken up? I did the math and 7278+148=7425, which kinda breaks into the D4000s.

Hopefully NJT will have it out on the road soon. Are you gonna make a separate topic for the delivery of these or do you want this to be it?

Yet, if the numbering starts at 7213, then 148  buses would put the highest numbered MCI at 7360.

I'm wondering if this is the start of the numbering for the option order, since the 65th bus with an order starting at 7213 would put the last of the "base" order buses at 7277.

Keep in mind the haphazard delivery of the current MCI fleet, where, as I recall, there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how the buses were numbered during the delivery process.

Edited by ctrabs74

Yet, if the numbering starts at 7213, then 148  buses would put the highest numbered MCI at 7360.

I'm wondering if this is the start of the numbering for the option order, since the 65th bus with an order starting at 7213 would put the last of the "base" order buses at 7277.

Keep in mind the haphazard delivery of the current MCI fleet, where, as I recall, there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how the buses were numbered during the delivery process.

They have DesignLines up til 7214, so it would start at 7215.

They had a chance to start fresh with #2001 or 3001 with this order and continue on since all will probably be 45ft buses from now on anyway.

Edited by busdude2

I have seen rogue 45's at Market Street and Oradell, but a fleet of them at either garage, not gonna happen.

The problem is that, unless I missed something, MCI isn't going to market a 40-ft cruiser much longer.  Of course, as we all know, if NJT say "jump" MCI would ask "How high?"  So you never know.

They will have to find a way to fit them. Even If it means a new garage somewhere. These 40 ft buses are relics with capacity the way it is.

You said it. At Lakeland, we have to run 2 D4000 buses on one schedule due to ridership (we only have 4 D4500 state buses). But even then, a 4500 seats 57 pax with 15 standees where a D4000 seats 49 pax with 23 standees, so it basically evens out, it's just you're able to put more butts in seats so to speak

They will have to find a way to fit them. Even If it means a new garage somewhere. These 40 ft buses are relics with capacity the way it is.

Oradels not getting a new garage anytime soon. Blvd east service is frequent so that the problem is not overly major. They have more buses out then in. If they dont get a new garage transit probably will order 40fters just for them and market street. Mci will make 40fters if transit says the right price.