New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they got 8090 on the 319 right now. Also one of the drivers from Wayne told me that they aren't to use the 71XX on weekends, but I forgot the reason why. Probably bc their slow.

They dont want them on the warwick runs. BZguy posted they dont want them out at night either.

They need replacements at least for meadowlands and eht for the ny runs. Too keep the speed up you have to put it in "mode" and push to 5 when going up hills. Most of the time i use the keypad to manually shift it for speed.

Talking some more to my friend at Wayne the 7100s are supposed to get a midlife overhaul once Howell gets their CNGs and MCI shortage eases. The bigwigs apparently are aware of the issues with the buses and they are looking at changing out the CATs with Cummins. The 7100s are very high mileage for their age so even with the midlife/reengining expect to see the older CLs more at night and weekends. Wayne is supposed to have all operable 45 footers out on the weekends so having the 40s out there is causing some overcrowding on the Willowbrook and Paterson lines

questions

i hope i read the maps correctly. i need to be in toms river by 515. i am coming from red bank. i know the 833 good. if i get there at 309 in freehold boro then take 139 at 314 or 346 to lakewood to take 559 at 440 and get toms river at 522. when i hear from other the bus terminal do they mean toms river park and ride?also if someone know a better way to get there please let me know, also i can go to point pleasant by train if that can shorten the trip. i am all ears for help. thank

Edited by pjbr40

@pjbr The way you originally suggested is fine. However, for the sake of getting there early, leave about an hour earlier just to be on the safe side. Knowing Veolia, the 833 may get you there at 3:15, which obviously means you missed the 3:14 (unless it comes late, which is somewhat likely seeing as how that's when rush hour begins) and may have to wait for the next one that comes at 3:46. That one gets you to Lakewood by 4:30, which means you won't have a big window.

I wouldn't take the train to Point Pleasant because that means you'd have to take the 317 and that doesn't get to Lakewood until 4:45.

Edited by Transitkid4608

does the 319 and 559 wait for each other to be connected or they go when they need to go?the reason why i am asking this is that at long branch if the diesel shuttle is like 5 to 10 minutes late, the new york train wait for them.

They dont wait for each other. The 319 only sits if its early.

It should show up on the Clever Device signage at the front of the bus. That is, if you don't get a CNG.

This morning I caught a Jitney driver texting behind the wheel on 495. He was holding up two NJT MCIs, one was in service one wasn't, plus he was causing traffic in that lane to move slowly.

I'm telling you, these guys don't care.

Edited by Transitkid4608

i decided to take the 67. i just need to know how do i know when i reach the bus terminal in toms river? i never been there.

Either look up at the spotter display, let the driver knoe you need to get of at the park n ride, or sit in the front. Youll know when you get there. Its a big parking lot.

It should show up on the Clever Device signage at the front of the bus. That is, if you don't get a CNG.

This morning I caught a Jitney driver texting behind the wheel on 495. He was holding up two NJT MCIs, one was in service one wasn't, plus he was causing traffic in that lane to move slowly.

Saw one get pulled over by PAPD earlier....some funny shit.

I agree...They dont care