New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see NJT doing the same thing with the CLs that Amtrak is doing with the HHP-8s. Retiring them early because of their maintenance problems. But I don't see it happening anytime soon.

MCI better not screw up with these CNG's coming in or forget any future orders for any type of bus. Competition is getting hot with Prevost and the new owners of Designline.

MCI better not screw up with these CNG's coming in or forget any future orders for any type of bus. Competition is getting hot with Prevost and the new owners of Designline.

It's not a matter of MCI screwing up, it's a matter of NJ Transit screwing with MCI.

No matter what NJT wants on these buses they should not burst into flames. There is a problem with them getting too hot.

The new MCIs shouldn't have an issue. I've rarely heard about MCIs with Cummins engines having overheating problems.

Speaking of which has anyone seen them lately? I'm also wondering with Howell getting 148 CNGs does that mean they're gonna put some out on the weekends?

The new MCIs shouldn't have an issue. I've rarely heard about MCIs with Cummins engines having overheating problems.

Speaking of which has anyone seen them lately? I'm also wondering with Howell getting 148 CNGs does that mean they're gonna put some out on the weekends?

Oh they get hot, all Cummins engines do. That's why MTA's C40LFs and the Designline CNGs got those roof scoops, for air circulation.

The CATs are the worse possible engine for the type of highway and stop and go service that NJT does. Add to the fact that NJT keeps messing with the buses doesn't help things either. At least they know its a problem and the re-engineing should happen once the new CNGs come in.

Saw an ex rockland cusa njt bus doing a charter in ac. Interesting our buses are getting ran down doing charters especially by academy and many njt garages are short on mcis. But its the the only way njt can keep competition at bay.

That would be Saddle River. Kinda surprised, they seem to have a lot of (pretty nice looking) Prevosts for their charters.